There are 276 users in the forums

Outlaw the Tush Push in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Outlaw the Tush Push in the NFL?

The Eagles Offensive Lines brotherly shove is very successful and huge of advantaged it. The 31 teams defense can't stop them. Eagles offensive lines brotherly shove is huge too ego and laughing at the defense lines..
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
All this clamoring about Hurts and not every QB squatting 600 pounds is just false. First of all, he's not "squatting" 600 lbs. He maxed out, with one rep, at 600 lbs. He's not doing sets at 600 lbs. Second of all, I would venture to guess at least half of the QB's in today's NFL could do one rep at 600 lbs. Everyone out there acting like Hurts is some Greek God is totally hilarious.

Dude Hurts is a bonafide powerlifter. Zero other active QBs can say that if I had to guess.
NOT sure why this play must go??
All this clamoring about Hurts and not every QB squatting 600 pounds is just false. First of all, he's not "squatting" 600 lbs. He maxed out, with one rep, at 600 lbs. He's not doing sets at 600 lbs. Second of all, I would venture to guess at least half of the QB's in today's NFL could do one rep at 600 lbs. Everyone out there acting like Hurts is some Greek God is totally hilarious.

This lol. How many times did I hear the word 'squat' during the last game? Lol. Totally obsessed with his lower body and booty bumps/pushes lol. Give me a break
Originally posted by 9moon:
NOT sure why this play must go??

I am not overly concerned about safety. I think it needs to go because there are too many rules against the defense when making a tackle.
The rule should go If a player is in the grasp of a defender, there is no more forward progress gained unless the runner gets out.TThis eliminates the need for the defender to lift and slam to finish the tackle.
(I also believe sticking the ball out as you go out shouldn't count for yardage, it is yards gained while the defender is not allowed to touch them).

And the runner's teammates can not pile in. And THIS is the part of the Eagles play i think needs to change.
There are strong opinions on this play. One camp says, it's unfair and the play should be banned, while the other camp says, run it until you can stop it. But nothing will be decided this season anyway, and I'm on the camp of run it until you can stop it. Any clever, within the rules, ideas of trying to stop it?
Im going put my DC hat on for a sec. Line up with the d-line head up on the o-line shoulder, all lineman pick the same side. LB's/safeties staggered a half step behind head up on the online. On snap instead of trying to out leverage north/south head up the d-line will rush sideways, almost like a run block kinda and knock the oline off balance sideways and the LB/safeties won't get pushed back in the scrum and hopefully have enough room to get a shot at the qb?
How come Hurts never gets hit crown of helmet to crown of helmet? He runs this play all game long. I'm surprised he never gets injured doing it.
All I know is 1-2 yards and a cloud of dust is why the forward pass got invented.
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Dude Hurts is a bonafide powerlifter. Zero other active QBs can say that if I had to guess.

Check out those legs muscles firing when he gets low into the squat. God dame
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 28, 2023 at 7:05 PM ]
Hot damn..guy has ass n legs of steel lol

NFL needs to outlaw the 49ers playing like trash.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Check out those legs muscles firing when he gets low into the squat. God dame

Thats Drunkemmillers' illegitimate son.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Here's the solution. Stop giving Philly opportunities for 4th and short. Problem solved.
only thing I don't like about the play is when forward progress is considered done, can the refs even see if a knee is down in the pile up, and where the ball actually is.
It'll take a significant injury to hurts for them to ban it imo

what I'm "concerned" about is what happens when a team stocks up on guys specifically for this and we see it on every 3rd and 3 and then 4th and 1
Share 49ersWebzone