There are 691 users in the forums

Outlaw the Tush Push in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Outlaw the Tush Push in the NFL?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How come Hurts never gets hit crown of helmet to crown of helmet? He runs this play all game long. I'm surprised he never gets injured doing it.

Because he uses another player (J. Kelce) as leverage, a rule that's being taking advantage of because it only applies to Special Teams and defense.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So much f**kin rules to the defense but when Purdy gets hit helmet to helmet no call. Such b******t in the NFL.
If they ban it, everyone is screwed. No more QB sneak on 4th & inches.

Ban it because one team perfected it? I don't think thats ok.
Washington stopped Philly from converting it last time they played.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

You can't stop it. Hurts could have the ball on the 1 yard line and drive 99 yards on the Tush Push every single play. They get 3 - 4 yards a carry. They could march the whole field without handing it off or throwing it. Ban it. That's too much advantage. Nobody will ever beat them like this.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Huh? Has nothing to do with a QB sneak
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If they're not gonna ban it (which I don't think they will), why not let the defense use leverage for that play?? I swear there's so much damn rules for the defense its f**kin annoying!!
You can't stop it. Hurts could have the ball on the 1 yard line and drive 99 yards on the Tush Push every single play. They get 3 - 4 yards a carry. They could march the whole field without handing it off or throwing it. Ban it. That's too much advantage. Nobody will ever beat them like this.

football is a man's game

crying about a team putting together a line and a qb to execute something that you know is coming but cannot stop at all, is not manly...

only the eagles can do it automatically. other teams often screw up. why cry about something only one team can execute ?
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

football is a man's game

crying about a team putting together a line and a qb to execute something that you know is coming but cannot stop at all, is not manly...

only the eagles can do it automatically. other teams often screw up. why cry about something only one team can execute ?

Too much advantage to the offense. Unless defense can use leverage and push like this too. To counter it.
Too much advantage to the offense. Unless defense can use leverage and push like this too. To counter it.

If it's so much advantage to the offense how come other teams cant do it? You're not making any sense.

If a team has always executed a qb sneak successfully should it also be outlawed?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
So much f**kin rules to the defense but when Purdy gets hit helmet to helmet no call. Such b******t in the NFL.

To be fair we only knew it was helmet to helmet because of the camera view. I'm sure its hard for the refs to see that with all the bodies around.

outlaw it because FU*K THE EAGLES MAN.

They showed the stats during one of the eagles games earlier this season. The eagles convert it about 90% the rest of the league is about 80%.

Eventually defenses will figure it out or some QB will get injured.

Otherwise the game will need to adapt so that you never leave yourself in situations where you can use it.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
They showed the stats during one of the eagles games earlier this season. The eagles convert it about 90% the rest of the league is about 80%.

Otherwise the game will need to adapt so that you never leave yourself in situations where you can use it.

Eagles got to be 110%. I've never seen them not get it. They could be 4th and 4 on their own 10 yard line and get it. In their own territory. No worries.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Key statement in bold and underlined. The Eagles can run this play only so many times before Jalen Hurts gets hurt. As in, badly hurt. This is a scenario that I do not wish upon any player in the NFL. But if you're running a play that routinely sends the biggest men, crashing into other team's biggest men, with even more big men coming up from behind to crash into the back of a pile of big men bodies, something is bound to go wrong. This can only work for so long. The Eagles have been lucky so far. At some point, that luck is going to run its course. Then, it will end. It will not end well, unfortunately.
Come on. It's indestructible.

Share 49ersWebzone