LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 145 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

hmm

For whatever reason, people seem to already made up their mind that he had a bad game based on a replay of a play or two and nothing can changed their opinion.
Yeah he played bad. He's lazy all season. Better step it up in the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

hmm

For whatever reason, people seem to already made up their mind that he had a bad game based on a replay of a play or two and nothing can changed their opinion.

He can change it come Sunday.
Would even have him on the field on first and second down.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by libertyforever:

hmm

He can change it come Sunday.

Pretty good stuff in the game replay, and it's probably a bit more accurate that Young is being made a scapegoat. The main problems this postseason have been crap angles and terrible arm tackling by the defense. Sure tackling used to be our staple, and now it's our liability, and this is all a coaching issue. That said his sack and pressure numbers have been pretty terrible.
I thought he actually played pretty well vs Detroit, though obviously he had his struggles in the run game.
That being said that game gave me hope and promise
for Chase; More than I do in Javon Hargrave
Originally posted by TD49ers:

All we need is one great game and he can move on for all I care. Just show up for the biggest game of your life!
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Heroism:

Originally posted by TD49ers:

Bingo!!!

Come on Chase!! Just a few of these throughout the game!!

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Come on Chase!! Just a few of these throughout the game!!

I remember these times, please bring back the Buckeye sandwich
Irf playing in the SB can't light a fire inside - nothing will.
I heard a very good, in depth analysis of matchups late Saturday morning on KNBR sports talk radio. I think it was Greg Cosell, who is not a fanboi of any team and arguably one of the most prolific tape watchers of all teams. He talked about Chase Young and how he occasionally has taken plays off plus was not doing his job on others. He pointed out today is Young's opportunity to step up and erase all of the gaffes this season. I wonder if Young does not do that if he'll be around next season.
But let's hope he has a career game today!
Cosell also had some good analysis of the Niner's defensive schemes and what has evolved in the change from Sala to Ryans to Wilks. He talked about how historically Niners played mostly cover 2. He said they need to play cover 4 today, and the D has to seal the edges, collapse the pocket. Not focus on sacks, but keep Mahomes in the pocket and collapsing it. Don't ever let Mahomes beat them deep. They'll give up short passes over the middle, big pressure on Niner linebackers. But in the end they'll win if they follow that formula. Also keep running! KC has a crap run defense. Even if KC run D makes some good plays early, keep the pressure on. They'll crumble. GREAT sports talk radio, best I have heard in many years!
[ Edited by NoCalNinerFan2024 on Feb 11, 2024 at 11:56 AM ]
C'MONNNNN CHASE !!!

I just placed a play for Chase to win the MVP !!

50 TO WIN 5000 !!!
Originally posted by NoCalNinerFan2024:
I heard a very good, in depth analysis of matchups late Saturday morning on KNBR sports talk radio. I think it was Greg Cosell, who is not a fanboi of any team and arguably one of the most prolific tape watchers of all teams. He talked about Chase Young and how he occasionally has taken plays off plus was not doing his job on others. He pointed out today is Young's opportunity to step up and erase all of the gaffes this season. I wonder if Young does not do that if he'll be around next season.
But let's hope he has a career game today!
Cosell also had some good analysis of the Niner's defensive schemes and what has evolved in the change from Sala to Ryans to Wilks. He talked about how historically Niners played mostly cover 2. He said they need to play cover 4 today, and the D has to seal the edges, collapse the pocket. Not focus on sacks, but keep Mahomes in the pocket and collapsing it. Don't ever let Mahomes beat them deep. They'll give up short passes over the middle, big pressure on Niner linebackers. But in the end they'll win if they follow that formula. Also keep running! KC has a crap run defense. Even if KC run D makes some good plays early, keep the pressure on. They'll crumble. GREAT sports talk radio, best I have heard in many years!

He's great. He simplified it too. Stop the run and get the best versions of Purdy then we are in a great position to win.
Share 49ersWebzone