LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 166 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
If he wants to comeback on for 1-year deal, that's cool with me. A full offseason with Kocurek coupled with continued PT on that repaired knee could help tap into his potential.

Gotta be a prove it deal, tho. He ain't getting no bag from us.

Agreed. If he takes something hung like Ebukam got I'm all for it.
All the talent in the world but low effort. Superbowl performance is evidence he can turn it on when he wants to but apparently he only wants to when a big bag is up for grabs. Not interested.
Bosa wants him back, yes only if its a 1 year deal then he can sign a big contract elsewhere.
So lazy. He proved he has another gear in the Super Bowl. Why doesn't he play like that all the time?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So lazy. He proved he has another gear in the Super Bowl. Why doesn't he play like that all the time?

Not sure but have wondered if it's his knee? I am so undecided because when he shows up he is a beast. We guess the coaches know his deal now so that will be telling.

FWIW, AB believed we could keep him, JJ, huff, and Aiyuk, but it would probably cost us Banks down the road. I actually believe it's easier to find decent guards than good DE's, although this regime treats o line like an afterthought so we have to account for that.

I am wondering what his market will be? AB was thinking low 20's at one point I think which doesn't sound too bad if true. I would prefer the draft comes first and I think Kyle or someone mentioned that. But I think FA comes first to the benefit of the players, vs teams and rookies. If nobody has signed him and we still feel he is a benefit after our draft then maybe? Tough call.
Outstanding Dline players are not as impactful as they were in years past because holding is not called as often to protect QBs.

If he's cheap ok keep him, if not, he walks.
Now that Wilks is gone let's say goodbye to this slug.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

He had two sacks in the superbowl (a you count the intentional grounding as a sack)
Originally posted by All22:

He had two sacks in the superbowl (a you count the intentional grounding as a sack)

One good game - he was barely there the rest of the season.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
If we get him on a 1 year prove it deal, bring him back

Not worth it
I could see his market being lower than anticipated due to his Lions game film. So he could be brought back. Will also depend on whom the DC is, IMO.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 14, 2024 at 1:37 PM ]
Depends on money. He played well in the Super Bowl.

I don't disagree with you but apparently whatever Bosa wants bosa gets
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

I don't disagree with you but apparently whatever Bosa wants bosa gets

Given our entire D line regressed under Wilks I'd like to bring back Chase on a reasonable deal.
Share 49ersWebzone