There are 169 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
^ only thing I saw was a tweet from a person named Ryan Hensley or something like that, who apparently knows someone in the building

Oh in that case I believe it.

Actually, checked his Twitter account and he isn't paying the monthly $8 for the blue checkmark of truth. I no longer believe it.

Your next step is checking how many followers he has. That amount determines credibility as well. I hear this from my friends uncles daughters boyfriend who I hear works for twitter from my sisters best friends cousin

lol. I'm just skeptical that a front office/staff that does not leak info, allowed information such as which coaches were involved with the gameplan become public knowledge. But let's hear what RDB has to say.

I already linked the story last page...
[ Edited by Waterbear on Mar 7, 2024 at 3:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
^ only thing I saw was a tweet from a person named Ryan Hensley or something like that, who apparently knows someone in the building

Actually, checked his Twitter account and he isn't paying the monthly $8 for the blue checkmark of truth. I no longer believe it.

Your next step is checking how many followers he has. That amount determines credibility as well. I hear this from my friends uncles daughters boyfriend who I hear works for twitter from my sisters best friends cousin

lol. I'm just skeptical that a front office/staff that does not leak info, allowed information such as which coaches were involved with the gameplan become public knowledge. But let's hear what RDB has to say.

So what you're saying is, Kyle runs this b***h? LOL
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NC49er:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Let him walk. He wants to get paid and will return to his Lazy ways.

Only reason he balled out in the Superbowl was to advertise himself

+120%

And because it became public knowledge he dogged it and got called out.

Bosa dogged it a lot worse than that on a few plays earlier in the year, but everyone let it slide because" OMG IT'S BOSA!". I think Wilts not calling the Super Bowl gameplan probably had a lot to do with how well Chase and the whole pass rush played.

Maybe i missed something So who called the defensive plays during the SB?

Supposedly Shannahan and Sorenson came up with the game plan. It looked like Wilts was making the calls during the game, but Shanny over ruled him when needed.

Where did you hear/read this? And don't share a link to a post on this messageboard.

There was talk of it in the Wilts' thread, started with some Tweet - I don't remember from who, but I had never heard of the guy. But on a livestream I am pretty sure from David Lombardi, he mentioned it as well. And made a minor mention of it again after Sorenson was promoted. The wording was something like Kyle "was heavily involved" in the defensive planning, and the later mention was that Soresnson "had a hand in the planning". So it didn't come across as if Sorenson had taken over, or anything quite that drastic.

But honestly, I don't know how anyone could have watched that season and that Super Bowl, and NOT think someone else came up with the gameplan.
  • thl408
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NC49er:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Let him walk. He wants to get paid and will return to his Lazy ways.

Only reason he balled out in the Superbowl was to advertise himself

+120%

And because it became public knowledge he dogged it and got called out.

Bosa dogged it a lot worse than that on a few plays earlier in the year, but everyone let it slide because" OMG IT'S BOSA!". I think Wilts not calling the Super Bowl gameplan probably had a lot to do with how well Chase and the whole pass rush played.

Maybe i missed something So who called the defensive plays during the SB?

Supposedly Shannahan and Sorenson came up with the game plan. It looked like Wilts was making the calls during the game, but Shanny over ruled him when needed.

Where did you hear/read this? And don't share a link to a post on this messageboard.

There was talk of it in the Wilts' thread, started with some Tweet - I don't remember from who, but I had never heard of the guy. But on a livestream I am pretty sure from David Lombardi, he mentioned it as well. And made a minor mention of it again after Sorenson was promoted. The wording was something like Kyle "was heavily involved" in the defensive planning, and the later mention was that Soresnson "had a hand in the planning". So it didn't come across as if Sorenson had taken over, or anything quite that drastic.

But honestly, I don't know how anyone could have watched that season and that Super Bowl, and NOT think someone else came up with the gameplan.

You're the second person on this message board that said this. That it was Sorensen and Kyle that created the gameplan for the SB. In both instances neither person I asked could provide a definitive answer as to where they heard it. I'll drop it. I'm skeptical this info got out from one of the coaches in that meeting room.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Maybe Beal works hard in the off season and learns how to use that speed off the edge.

Maybe Drake will add another minuscule amount of muscle this offseason and this board will declare him the next Charles Haley.

i wouldn't mind re signing Gregory, i thought he was better than Chase, or Khalil Mack since he's near his career end but still productive.

I like how you keep posting this like it's some clever response. Kyle has the final say if he wants to overrule anyone, this isn't a secret, especially on the offensive side.

LOL
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
I like how you keep posting this like it's some clever response. Kyle has the final say if he wants to overrule anyone, this isn't a secret, especially on the offensive side.

LOL

The intricate, sophisticated point here is he was right the entire time: our head coach is secretly head coaching in the shadows!!!

Wow, I didn't realize this dude is so young. He turns 25 next month. I wonder if being on the 49ers has been a forced maturation process for him.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 8, 2024 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

LOL

The intricate, sophisticated point here is he was right the entire time: our head coach is secretly head coaching in the shadows!!!

Lol

LOL

It's a matter of degree. Some HC's like Reid, make DC decisions so they never have to look to that side of the ball or turn an aggressive ST coordinator into his predecessor. Some don't like to be heavily involved much with personnel beyond their initial traits. About the only thing Kyle isn't heavily involved in is injuries. He never seems to know anything in that department.

I know this isn't Madden but each HC is different and has differing degrees of involvement. Some by choice. Some by the hiring/GM/owner structure.

Here? Kyle runs this b***h. From top to bottom. From the GM he hired to coaches he hires. Kyle runs this b***h in every aspect.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 9, 2024 at 12:09 PM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:
Wow, I didn't realize this dude is so young. He turns 25 next month. I wonder if being on the 49ers has been a forced maturation process for him.

Let's hope so. If, in fact we resign him.
It's a matter of degree.

Degree that you have insider knowledge on across the league we're sure.

LOL

It's a matter of degree. Some HC's like Reid, make DC decisions so they never have to look to that side of the ball or turn an aggressive ST coordinator into his predecessor. Some don't like to be heavily involved much with personnel beyond their initial traits. About the only thing Kyle isn't heavily involved in is injuries. He never seems to know anything in that department.

I know this isn't Madden but each HC is different and has differing degrees of involvement. Some by choice. Some by the hiring/GM/owner structure.

Here? Kyle runs this b***h.
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm on the fence with Young. I agree he was mostly a disappointment but if they can sign him for the right price he might be worth another look. Maybe a full camp with a new DC will help him. We know they aren't going to give him a big contract so it won't matter much cap wise.
I was hating on him watching him under-perform (or just suck) with each game. That being said, he's only 24, and maybe he's coachable, and could be worth a shot on a one year prove it deal, maybe like 6-7 mil. It's a risk. Watching him operate, I wonder if he actually loves playing football? Not that I know anything, I'm just a guy on the internet, but something seems off with Chase. The team will know what to do with him

I live in DC and the dude loves the night life. I contributed some of that to him also being from the DC area. But dude had more night club appearances than games he played. I thought a change of scenery would really help him. I think another team might give a 2 year deal to get him.
Chase could be good on a one year deal to prove his worth. If he wants more then we should let him try his luck elsewhere. It's too bad be a he is talented and gifted physically… the effort and focus are lacking.
Share 49ersWebzone