Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 200 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NC49er:
We could have fielded a sloth and got better results than we got with Young. If fans focus on him during plays they would not even want him as a backup. Some exhaggeration here, but if the person with the ball is more than 2 strides away from him he gives up.

Just imagine if he doesn't get a contract he "thinks" he deserves, he will be worse than a sloth.

Looks like he's going to probably get something along the lines a one year 'prove it' deal, according to reports.
We could have fielded a sloth and got better results than we got with Young. If fans focus on him during plays they would not even want him as a backup. Some exhaggeration here, but if the person with the ball is more than 2 strides away from him he gives up.

Just imagine if he doesn't get a contract he "thinks" he deserves, he will be worse than a sloth.

Guy was slothing it in a SB ring chase contract walk year, imagine once he gets the bag, game over man
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Guy was slothing it in a SB ring chase contract walk year, imagine once he gets the bag, game over man

He was very good in the Super Bowl AFTER getting some "encouragement" from the boss.
Originally posted by dj43:
He was very good in the Super Bowl AFTER getting some "encouragement" from the boss.

He did step it up in the SB but yeah needed a kick in the ass first

Chase now:

I wonder what he's asking for?
At this point nobody has signed him.

There's a lot of film on what a slug he is.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
At this point nobody has signed him.

There's a lot of film on what a slug he is.

If the value is that low, he may as well come back for cheap. Or go to Houston. There is Cleveland also. Any place with a talented D line that gives him the best opportunity for a 1 year showcase.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Wouldn't be a bad rotation guy. If no one wants him sign him cheap for one year.
Probably someone will get injured and that team will take a flyer on him.

We can do better than him.

We may get lucky and get a cap casualty?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

If you need a kick in the ass on the way to the SB plus a contract year that tells me you don't really give a sheet and I don't want that kind of player on the team. He can go hang or podcast with Haynesworth or Jamarcus Russell with that kind of mindset.
Based on Washington fans this is the normal Chase Young and I saw it first hand now. Thanks but no thanks.

I wonder how many people would take him over Drake Jackson if the $ is close?
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Everyone
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Everyone

Yah I was a Drake Jackson fan and I would take Chase Young over him in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Everyone

Yah I was a Drake Jackson fan and I would take Chase Young over him in a heartbeat.

Yeah it's weird Jackson comes out on fire to start the season and then Fades away. I don't understand what's up with that.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Everyone

Yeah it's weird Jackson comes out on fire to start the season and then Fades away. I don't understand what's up with that.

His sacks were cleanup sacks. Didn't really do much to earn them other than be lucky and at the right spot. I have high hopes for him this next year though. If he can get healthy and get into shape will be a huge benefit/depth piece for us.
Share 49ersWebzone