DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Probably someone will get injured and that team will take a flyer on him.

We can do better than him.

We may get lucky and get a cap casualty?

I wonder how many people would take him over Drake Jackson if the $ is close?

Everyone

Yah I was a Drake Jackson fan and I would take Chase Young over him in a heartbeat.

Yeah it's weird Jackson comes out on fire to start the season and then Fades away. I don't understand what's up with that.

His sacks were cleanup sacks. Didn't really do much to earn them other than be lucky and at the right spot. I have high hopes for him this next year though. If he can get healthy and get into shape will be a huge benefit/depth piece for us.

I don't even know if he makes the roster next year

Everyone

Yah I was a Drake Jackson fan and I would take Chase Young over him in a heartbeat.

Yeah it's weird Jackson comes out on fire to start the season and then Fades away. I don't understand what's up with that.

His sacks were cleanup sacks. Didn't really do much to earn them other than be lucky and at the right spot. I have high hopes for him this next year though. If he can get healthy and get into shape will be a huge benefit/depth piece for us.

It will be between him and Beal.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Everyone

Beal will make it. He plays much faster and he's a better run defender.

Everyone

I am not sure either but given his draft position I am thinking he gets one more year.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Mar 18, 2024 at 10:19 AM ]
I think they would take him back on a team friendly one year prove it deal.
Originally posted by Wrathman:

Not sure if chase would though, not here at least. Seems like we got a few people who would take the snaps from him
[ Edited by Youngone on Mar 18, 2024 at 9:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Youngone:

Not sure if chase would though, not here at least. Seems like we got a few people who would take the snaps from him

With his stamina he needs a rotation lol
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Everyone

Beal will make it. He plays much faster and he's a better run defender.

I would like to see more of Beal. He has a quick first step and a great motor.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Nah. A part time player like Huff from the Jets got paid. Only matters if you can prove to rush the passer consistently.

A one year deal is probably in his best interest. Prove he can do it consistently, prove injuries are well behind him, get a LTD in 2025 with significant guaranteed money.
He (Chase) already had a one year prove it. It wasn't very great over the regular season. Why should he get another reward?
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Mar 18, 2024 at 10:01 AM ]

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

With his stamina he needs a rotation lol

Yeah, dude needs to take his training and craft way more serious. He is extremely talented but doesn't take it as serious as bosa. My hope is that he spends the off season with bosa and we resign him to a cheap one year deal. He gets time in the rotation and is a stud.

i think he has what it takes to be a great player but he needs to put in the work and effort.
I hate to say it, because I really liked him coming out of college - but it's not looking good for Chase. He left Carolina without a contract, and they NEED somebody after letting Brian Burns go. He's in New Orleans today, and Tennessee later in the week. All of those teams have huge pass rush needs. It's looking more like Chase is having to convince teams he can do it.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I hate to say it, because I really liked him coming out of college - but it's not looking good for Chase. He left Carolina without a contract, and they NEED somebody after letting Brian Burns go. He's in New Orleans today, and Tennessee later in the week. All of those teams have huge pass rush needs. It's looking more like Chase is having to convince teams he can do it.

It's too bad he squandered a great opportunity with the 9ers last year.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by RDB4216:

It's too bad he squandered a great opportunity with the 9ers last year.

It's too bad he was squandered by Wilts last year.
Share 49ersWebzone