LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 171 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Neither was Bosa then. He took a LOT more plays off early on, than Young did for sure.

Lol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NC49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wait until they find out what a lazy SLUG this guy is.

🎉 Thank you 🎉 Saints, now there is no danger of us wasting a spot & $ on him.

He's not worth what they paid him.

Neither was Bosa then. He took a LOT more plays off early on, than Young did for sure.

Lolwut
I've said this before but will say it again, why does it even matter if its fully guaranteed? I see many on here specifically pointing that out and other places too. On a 1 year deal, is it really that different then say a 13mil deal with 6mil guaranteed? End of the year it will be a 13mil payout and 13mil cap charge. Unless you think he will suck so much that he'll get cut? And how often does that ever happen to any player that signs for a good chunk?
[ Edited by bmvanthiel on Mar 18, 2024 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
I've said this before but will say it again, why does it even matter if its fully guaranteed? I see many on here specifically pointing that out and other places too. On 1 year deal, is it really that different then say a 13mil deal with 6mil guaranteed? End of the year it will be a 13mil payout and 13mil cap charge. Unless you think he will suck so much that he'll get cut? And how often does that every happen to any player that signs for a good chunk?

For the most part, I think you are correct. The only exception I can think of would be incentives that the player might not hit.
Originally posted by lamontb:
one year full guaranteed. not bad at all

That's a long fall for Chase Young. Very long fall, indeed.
We need to move this from Niner talk.
Useless. See ya!
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

If he gets it together he can have a Clowney type career. 13M is a solid payday.
Originally posted by All22:
If he gets it together he can have a Clowney type career. 13M is a solid payday.

Clowney plays way harder.
He was nvr gonna get a deal with Head & Shoulders while playing for 49ers, if he does well in NO, then maybe, just maybe

Originally posted by billbird2111:

just goes to show that some times pure talent ain't enough.
See ya Chase..fell for you hard then let me down...

Name shouldn't be Chase..should be Dill E. Dally
Good for Chase Young. He was an okay player for the 49ers and I wouldn't have minded if he returned to the club. What's obvious from watching him play is that he has the kind of talent that could make him an upper echelon guy. The issue is the work ethic and dedication and, i'm afraid, you can't teach that. Young certainly has the tools to have a huge year in New Orleans. Untapped potential is the story with him.
I just find it funny that Chase Young comes to the 49ers with more sacks than anyone on the team (5 for him Vs. 3 for Bosa), then falls off once he is here - but everyone thinks the problem was him...
I just find it funny that Chase Young comes to the 49ers with more sacks than anyone on the team (5 for him Vs. 3 for Bosa), then falls off once he is here - but everyone thinks the problem was him...

Huh
Share 49ersWebzone