There are 182 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
listened to maiocco's podcast yesterday and he had on a commanders beat writer. the guy bascially said we should be ecstatic about getting him.

Nice to hear, Maiocco's always been a fair and objective commentator. ( and he has good reliable sources ), we'll see but it seems like a excellent move by the FO.
[ Edited by highway49 on Nov 1, 2023 at 7:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What number will he wear?? #99 is currently All-Pro Javon Kinlaw's number.

I hope #8. If it's retired, unretire it.

I hope Lenoir gives Chase his #2. Lenoir doesn't deserve that #
is #1 avail or 0 ?

#2 is what he wore in college. 0 is Womack. 1 is available I believe.

The only number I care about is how many sacks and pressures he gets. I couldn't care less what number he wears.

No one is scared of an edge rusher wearing a number in the 60's or 70's man. It's just how it is I didn't make the rules.

What if he wears 66, but QB's will read it as 99 as he stands over them after sacking them all game long
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Garce:
add this to the first page pls

You think Kinlaw will sell him #99?
that is Kinlaw

So what! My question is will Kinlaw sell #99
this guy is supposed to help save our season, watch him get 0 sacks or pressures lolol....
Originally posted by Garce:
add this to the first page pls

You think Kinlaw will sell him #99?
that is Kinlaw

So what! My question is will Kinlaw sell #99

It's not just that simple, players can't just change numbers after the season starts. I think they can get permission in certain situations (like switching teams), but it's up to the league. My question is can active players take numbers that are held by practice squad players? I know I have seen duplicate numbers at times, with a practice squad matching a current number. If they can do that, Young can take #96.
I'm way to excited about this dude being on this team.

Me too braddah. I honestly thought he was better in college than Bosa.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
wow! Can we keep him long term?

My thoughts also....I`m not excited as I should be because is he just a Rental? or will he be a long-term 9er?
If Chase and Bosa can set the edges they'll be in a lot of passing situations and our pass-rush will improve a lot.
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Chase Young may be Charles Haley of this generation.
???? Did you see Haley play

That's why I said maybe. I know who Charles Haley was and his greatness. I also know he's a generational defense player who was one of the major contributors to his team's/teams' Super Bowl championships. But you know there's nothing wrong with hoping. Young is only 24 years old, high profile coming out of the draft, possess elite skill as a pass rusher….I don't know but hopefully him and Bosa become our leaders in the years to come.

If Chase wants to be like Haley, he can start by peeing on Wilks' car.

Or J'ing off during meetings.😲
Maybe that'll wake Wilks up.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

My thoughts also....I`m not excited as I should be because is he just a Rental? or will he be a long-term 9er?

Depends on how he does of course but there is always a way

Originally posted by 49ers808:

Ya it will depend. I think if he plays great and stays healthy, theres no chance we keep him. He will probably get like a 3-4 year deal worth between 70-100 mil and he would be dumb not take it.

If he's decent and misses a couple games, I could see us resigning him on a 1 year deal 7-10 mil.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
this guy is supposed to help save our season, watch him get 0 sacks or pressures lolol....

You've been absurdly negative lately.

zomg so funny
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Ya it will depend. I think if he plays great and stays healthy, theres no chance we keep him. He will probably get like a 3-4 year deal worth between 70-100 mil and he would be dumb not take it.

If he's decent and misses a couple games, I could see us resigning him on a 1 year deal 7-10 mil.

Sound good,I hope things work out as you say...
Originally posted by Furlow:

You've been absurdly negative lately.

this is news to me lol since I haven't been posting as much these past few weeks. I will fix myself like how the 49ers need to fix themselves.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

zomg so funny

I'm glad you find my humor funny.
Share 49ersWebzone