There are 164 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Damnit we gotta wait another week to see Chase
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Dude should just punk Kinlaw for #99

They do need to cut somebody.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
this guy is supposed to help save our season, watch him get 0 sacks or pressures lolol....

1 guy doesn't save a season. Getting back to 49ers defensive football does. We need enough push up the middle but all he has to do is match or come close to Dee Ford's production in 2019 and the d will be devastating again. Qb's will have to take that side into consideration now, not just drop back and drink a beer first.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Dude should just punk Kinlaw for #99

They do need to cut somebody.

They cut Anthony Brown.
Originally posted by InfiniteEight:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What number will he wear?? #99 is currently All-Pro Javon Kinlaw's number.

I hope #8. If it's retired, unretire it.

I hope Lenoir gives Chase his #2. Lenoir doesn't deserve that #
is #1 avail or 0 ?

#2 is what he wore in college. 0 is Womack. 1 is available I believe.

The only number I care about is how many sacks and pressures he gets. I couldn't care less what number he wears.

No one is scared of an edge rusher wearing a number in the 60's or 70's man. It's just how it is I didn't make the rules.

What if he wears 66, but QB's will read it as 99 as he stands over them after sacking them all game long
Jared Allen was a beast sporting 69 and Michael Bennett abused the Niners for awhile wearing 72 I believe. Granted Bennett was a smaller DT and not an ER.
[ Edited by Wolf_Packer_53 on Nov 2, 2023 at 6:58 AM ]
God I hope this sparks the Defense back into Elite status.
If he fits the D well I would try and trade Deboo or let BA walk just to keep him.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by InfiniteEight:

is #1 avail or 0 ?

The only number I care about is how many sacks and pressures he gets. I couldn't care less what number he wears.

No one is scared of an edge rusher wearing a number in the 60's or 70's man. It's just how it is I didn't make the rules.

What if he wears 66, but QB's will read it as 99 as he stands over them after sacking them all game long
Jared Allen was a beast sporting 69 and Michael Bennett abused the Niners for awhile wearing 72 I believe. Granted Bennett was a smaller DT and not an ER.

What if he wore a picture of a joint (number) on his jersey.

is #1 avail or 0 ?

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this Lions fan's reaction to us trading for Chase Young is amazing.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

is #1 avail or 0 ?

Why did you post a Tight End?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Next question how has Chase Young performed against the Eagles and Cowboys and how many times has he hit or sack Jalen Hurts and Dak Prescott?
I'm thinking of possibly seeing both team 2wice this year.

GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by saj4423:
If he fits the D well I would try and trade Deboo or let BA walk just to keep him.

Originally posted by krizay:

We get at least 8-9 draft picks every year plus some free agents in a bargain price. We can release 9-15 players without parting with Deebo and BA. Also, the niners is top 3 I think as the most valued franchise in the NFL and top 5 among all professional sports. In order to maintain this, pay your star players. Warriors has been going over the salary cap but it also has keeping them successful.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Originally posted by krizay:

We get at least 8-9 draft picks every year plus some free agents in a bargain price. We can release 9-15 players without parting with Deebo and BA. Also, the niners is top 3 I think as the most valued franchise in the NFL and top 5 among all professional sports. In order to maintain this, pay your star players. Warriors has been going over the salary cap but it also has keeping them successful.

Kinlaw and Gipson are the players with the biggest contracts the 9ers will have, oh and Sam Darnold but I expect him to be re-signed. But I think the 9ers will have no trouble keeping Young with $40+ mil in cap space.
Share 49ersWebzone