LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 291 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Here is what I know to be 100 percent true…

we win superbowls when we have a "Young" on the D-line.

Young name has done well for us.

Waiting to see him in a damn 9ers jersey already lol
[ Edited by Montana on Nov 3, 2023 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

Wonder what number he putting on that jersey?
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Heroism:
The trade reminds me a bit of getting CMC last year in that it doesn't feel real.

Your excitement over this is all I need to feel great about it, Hero.

Yes, listen to the SME's.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Madden has him donning 92. Only 90s number currently available.
Curious to know if he has made a Public Statement since the Trade. Haven't seen anything.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Curious to know if he has made a Public Statement since the Trade. Haven't seen anything.

Same, I haven't seen any word at all from him. I heard one report that just said he "was escatic to be reunited with Nick Bosa", but no source where it came from. I guess because of the bye week, the players have no media requirements - but it would be nice to hear something! He is at the 49ers facility with Bosa, somebody call him!
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Same, I haven't seen any word at all from him. I heard one report that just said he "was escatic to be reunited with Nick Bosa", but no source where it came from. I guess because of the bye week, the players have no media requirements - but it would be nice to hear something! He is at the 49ers facility with Bosa, somebody call him!

at least he posted a short vid on instagram
didn't say anything though lol

Can't be 99 I don't think. I don't think players can change this late. If they could, someone would have to buy up all the Kinlaw jerseys (Young, of course), and he'd have to pay Kinlaw too probably.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Can't be 99 I don't think. I don't think players can change this late. If they could, someone would have to buy up all the Kinlaw jerseys (Young, of course), and he'd have to pay Kinlaw too probably.

Yeah too late to change numbers, CMC couldn't last year, Young will have to take 92 or some other open number, then in 2024 when we re-sign him he can have 99 lol
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I was hoping there was something positive somewhere that I just missed, but IMO this is a sign that he is not THRILLED to come to the 9ers - he would/should have made a statement by now. Not sure if this means he has a preferred destination to sign when he becomes a FA or if he is just accepting his fate for now, or worse yet, unhappy with everything.
[ Edited by socal9er42 on Nov 4, 2023 at 10:12 AM ]

I was hoping there was something positive somewhere that I just missed, but IMO this is a sign that he is not THRILLED to come to the 9ers - he would/should have made a statement by now. Not sure if this means he has a preferred destination to sign when he becomes a FA or if he is just accepting his fate for now, or worse yet, unhappy with everything.

Or he's too locked in and focused on learning the new D with Nick "Joey" B to post about it

WOW, you realize it's an off week, he doesn't have to talk to the media, he doesn't owe anyone anything, he needs to learn the system first, that's why Bosa is staying behind to mentor him, to say he isn't happy to be here is a real stretch on your part, again he doesn't need to say anything.
Maybe pissed his former mate got paid.

The Chicago Bears and defensive end Montez Sweat have agreed to a four-year, $98 million contract extension with $72.9 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

Sweat, who was recently acquired from the Commanders, will make $24.5 million annually per year in new money on the deal.

Around The NFL will have more on Sweat's extension shortly.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I wouldn't expect any statement. He can say anything he wanted to say during locker room availability. They won't put a guy traded for a comp pick who may only be with the team a couple months on a stage with the GM. That happens if there are many years of control or a newly signed extension.

Those types of press conferences have to mean something. They get diluted if you do it for a potential rental player.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I wouldn't say that. I think the fact that he is at the facility learning with Bosa, says a lot. It's a bye week for Young too, he doesn't HAVE to be there.
Share 49ersWebzone