George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 199 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Maybe pissed his former mate got paid.

The Chicago Bears and defensive end Montez Sweat have agreed to a four-year, $98 million contract extension with $72.9 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

Sweat, who was recently acquired from the Commanders, will make $24.5 million annually per year in new money on the deal.

Around The NFL will have more on Sweat's extension shortly.

I doubt Young gets this even if he kills it this year. Injuries and consistency are his knocks. That won't go away in two months. Honestly I think with this deal it's more likely he is extended with SF.
Guys that he hasn't said anything doesn't mean a f**king thing. Hell, I am glad all we really got from him was a video of him walking into Levi's. The motherf**ker came to play. And god knows, we need him.

The Chicago Bears and defensive end Montez Sweat have agreed to a four-year, $98 million contract extension with $72.9 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

Sweat, who was recently acquired from the Commanders, will make $24.5 million annually per year in new money on the deal.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious Lynch expressed this as a clear rental knowing he's going to be a coveted FA next year. He probably would love to get this kind of money right now from us here but that ain't going to happen.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 4, 2023 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I wouldn't say that. I think the fact that he is at the facility learning with Bosa, says a lot. It's a bye week for Young too, he doesn't HAVE to be there.

I think it says a great deal about them both.
Guess you guys missed it. Deebo called him after the trade and Young told Deebo " s**t I'm ready to go".
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yeah too late to change numbers, CMC couldn't last year, Young will have to take 92 or some other open number, then in 2024 when we re-sign him he can have 99 lol

This
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I wouldn't say that. I think the fact that he is at the facility learning with Bosa, says a lot. It's a bye week for Young too, he doesn't HAVE to be there.

I think it says a great deal about them both.

Bosa missed all of camp. What's a week? But good for him for helping out.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I doubt Young gets this even if he kills it this year. Injuries and consistency are his knocks. That won't go away in two months. Honestly I think with this deal it's more likely he is extended with SF.

He only had the one serious injury that caused him to miss all of one year and part of the next. This season he's been playing well so the injury may finally be healed properly. It's not like JG who kept getting one injury after another. Bosa had an injury that caused him to miss significant time in college and another one in the NFL He tore his ACL which was essentially the same injury as Young except Chase also tore the patellar tendon at the same time. Nick has actually had more injuries if you count that core injury in college.
Crazy that he's only 24
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Crazy that he's only 24

It's crazy Washington just traded him away like that. My guess is that they're probably loading up to make a run at one of the top QB's in the draft then go on a shopping spree in free agency.

• thl408
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Crazy that he's only 24

It's crazy Washington just traded him away like that. My guess is that they're probably loading up to make a run at one of the top QB's in the draft then go on a shopping spree in free agency.

Why didn't WAS just keep him, then when he leaves via free agency get a comp pick? I think Martin Mayhew just wanted to do Lynch a solid.
Originally posted by thl408:
Crazy that he's only 24

Why didn't WAS just keep him, then when he leaves via free agency get a comp pick? I think Martin Mayhew just wanted to do Lynch a solid.
Lynch has the flight list to Epstein island
Crazy that he's only 24

Ya I think the Lynch - Mayhew friendship played a huge role
Crazy that he's only 24

Think so too, I'm sure there were plenty of teams willing to give up a 3rd and I'm sure those teams would probably pick higher too
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Crazy that he's only 24

Think so too, I'm sure there were plenty of teams willing to give up a 3rd and I'm sure those teams would probably pick higher too

For sure.
Share 49ersWebzone