LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 164 users in the forums

DE Chase Young signs with the Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
What number is he going to get?
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Guys that he hasn't said anything doesn't mean a f**king thing. Hell, I am glad all we really got from him was a video of him walking into Levi's. The motherf**ker came to play. And god knows, we need him.
I'd prefer him to talk with some sacks and pressures, tbh.
This team went on an unreal run after acquiring CMC last year, only stopped when we ran outa QBs. I look for the same to happen this season after getting Young. He should be able to kiddie proof the D enough that even Wilks can't slow it down. Getting pressure with 4 has been the cornerstone of the Niners D going back to Fangio's days, so Wilks should just focus on disguising coverages, making sure the DBs aren't getting out of position and letting the D line EAT. With this line, we should be the lowest % blitz team in the league.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
They can extend anybody they want and afford everybody else so long as Jed keeps forking over massive cash upfront. They just prorate that s**t over the deal and make the cap easy to work with.
Originally posted by BP13:
Happy to have him on the team. Let's see how he plays first before any contract talk. I hope he balls out, but the WAS fans don't seem too upset that he's gone, just saying.

For a former #2 overall pick...waiting comes with just as much risk as rushing to sign. We will see how things go tho.
Watch his knee will blow out ..good thing he is a cheapie lol
Originally posted by Montana:

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Just trying to not get my hopes up too high lol

Lol, with our luck it will blown out by rolling into Bosa's lower leg, breaking it like Bryant Young's, then Fred will get run over by both carts while they're leaving the field

Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by Patton:

Nice
I haven't posted on NT in a while, been really disappointed with how our defense and special teams and running game have been playing. I do admit the addition of Young was about as good a job Lynch could have done. I have no issues with him.

In general, Shanahan has been fine, he struggles as a play caller when the run game isn't humming.

Purdy in general has played well. He's too 10
in most passing and rushing stats for QBs. He was literally in the mvp conversation until the three week slide. He's good enough + cheap enough for us to win a SB.

CMC is a workhorse but he really shouldn't be. He's great a scoring, but the noticeable difference this season has been the lackluster RBs behind him. Hopefully Mason can continue to play well because Mitchell seems washed.

O line is crap without Williams and serviceable with him. A SB run requires his health.

WRs and TEs have been good overall.

D-line, with Young, MUST be great to win a SB.

Warner needs to improve and so does Greenlaw.

And our secondary will determine if we can win it all or not. It's a very week group currently, but if they can cause some TOs and string together some decent weeks, we still have a great shot.

Why do you think his knee will blow out. Bosa had an ACL tear and he's healthy again. Chase had one serious injury and people want to call him injury prone. It took him a year and a half to get back but he's playing well now.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Why do you think his knee will blow out. Bosa had an ACL tear and he's healthy again. Chase had one serious injury and people want to call him injury prone. It took him a year and a half to get back but he's playing well now.

Yup, and doesn't Chase have like 5 or 6 or so sacks this season for Washington? He's played All Pro like this year.
very excited to see that 49er jersey that says Young on it
Share 49ersWebzone