There are 317 users in the forums

Lions schedule is so weak

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
We know how to f**k up Goff…not scurred lol

I like this response.

92,97 sandwich 🥪
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's completely pathetic. Their division is garbage too. With the Vikings QB out now too there really is no competition. Look at the schedule all year long. They haven't played anybody and don't play anybody almost all year long. They have a legitimate chance for the #1 or #2 seed. Who's going to beat them? They don't play anybody. We need them to lose a game or 2. But who will do it? Have you looked? Look if you don't believe me. They barley have any games that will challenge them. The Lions with a top seed. It's completely unthinkable.

Remaining schedule.

11/19 Bears vs Lions.
11/23 Packers vs Lions (Thursday - Thanksgiving Day).
12/3 Lions vs Saints.
12/10 Lions vs Bears.
12/17 Broncos vs Lions.
12/24 Lions vs Vikings.
12/30 Lions vs Cowboys.
1/7 Vikings vs Lions.

They are 7 - 2. They have 2 losses guys. They have to lose a few games for us to catch them in the standings for playoff seeding. I don't see many losable games here at all. The Cowboys is about the only one. That's a horrible schedule. Maybe the Saints can give them a little game. Their division and overall schedule is a complete joke. Who will beat them of that? They need to drop some games. We need to catch up to them.
1) would rather consider that average. playing against division rivals is almost always a tough task.
2) in the NFL you can lose any game.
Originally posted by communist:
It's completely pathetic. Their division is garbage too. With the Vikings QB out now too there really is no competition. Look at the schedule all year long. They haven't played anybody and don't play anybody almost all year long. They have a legitimate chance for the #1 or #2 seed. Who's going to beat them? They don't play anybody. We need them to lose a game or 2. But who will do it? Have you looked? Look if you don't believe me. They barley have any games that will challenge them. The Lions with a top seed. It's completely unthinkable.

Remaining schedule.

11/19 Bears vs Lions.
11/23 Packers vs Lions (Thursday - Thanksgiving Day).
12/3 Lions vs Saints.
12/10 Lions vs Bears.
12/17 Broncos vs Lions.
12/24 Lions vs Vikings.
12/30 Lions vs Cowboys.
1/7 Vikings vs Lions.

They are 7 - 2. They have 2 losses guys. They have to lose a few games for us to catch them in the standings for playoff seeding. I don't see many losable games here at all. The Cowboys is about the only one. That's a horrible schedule. Maybe the Saints can give them a little game. Their division and overall schedule is a complete joke. Who will beat them of that? They need to drop some games. We need to catch up to them.
1) would rather consider that average. playing against division rivals is almost always a tough task.
2) in the NFL you can lose any game.

Yeah but that's a pretty weak schedule.
Bump. 1st page is updated. I will continue to update this throughout the remaining season.
Yeah but that's a pretty weak schedule.
Is is not, that's my point. Proof: See today's game.
Their last 4 are all losable and they could choke on a short week on thanksgiving this week also.

There's a chance we can catch them. If the eagles roll the chiefs though tomorrow and we lose to them were pretty much cooked again for another eagles chiefs rematch in the SB though...
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Their last 4 are all losable and they could choke on a short week on thanksgiving this week also.

There's a chance we can catch them. If the eagles roll the chiefs though tomorrow and we lose to them were pretty much cooked again for another eagles chiefs rematch in the SB though...

Why do you say that? The Eagles have been rolling the dice all season long I feel like. The Cowboys were better than them in Philly and probably should have won that game and they have escaped many other games as well. I think you guys are better then the Eagles and should have a good shot in the playoffs even without home field advantage.

As for the Lions, I do think they have an easy schedule and could nab a high seed due to it. I think it's hard to judge them because of the weak schedule but I feel they are always kind of vulnerable as well. Maybe that's just Lions' residue though, from past history, we will see.
Originally posted by Velious14:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Why do you say that? The Eagles have been rolling the dice all season long I feel like. The Cowboys were better than them in Philly and probably should have won that game and they have escaped many other games as well. I think you guys are better then the Eagles and should have a good shot in the playoffs even without home field advantage.

As for the Lions, I do think they have an easy schedule and could nab a high seed due to it. I think it's hard to judge them because of the weak schedule but I feel they are always kind of vulnerable as well. Maybe that's just Lions' residue though, from past history, we will see.

Too hard to go into Philly and having the bye is too huge and advantage.

The stats since the rule change prove that the first seeded teams are in the SB way more often now then when there was two byes.

Shanahan makes critical mistakes from a coaching perspective on average about every other game. Mistakes you can't make in the playoffs. Our rookie kicker is inconsistent and has already cost us a game this season. Could easily happen again. The biners had 8 penalties today during the win which is low compared to most games. Consistently one of the most penalized teams.

The nfc is loaded and the afc is a cakewalk. Dallas, Philly, and even the lions are a decent threat. The niners offensive line is like 22 ranked.

It is just highly unlikely unless we get the bye that the niners can get to the Superbowl and win it. With the bye I'd say it's a tossup. without the bye it's 2-5%.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Nov 19, 2023 at 9:52 PM ]
It wouldn't be completely shocking to see them lose out. Broncos & Vikings are playing pretty good football. Cowboys are a top team. Saints & Bears are probably the only favorable match ups & they could lose both.
Good news it's a lot of division games. As the Bears game showed those games are always tricky no matter the record.

Not concerned about playing in Detroit . I want Philly in SF
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Not concerned about playing in Detroit . I want Philly in SF

They have to lose twice and likely to us for that to happen. Twice more that is and we have to run the table. The must lose tonight. It's one of the only remaining games they can lose.
went life and death against Bears led by Bustin Fields. If they had a barely competent QB on that Bears, they easily would have lost.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
went life and death against Bears led by Bustin Fields. If they had a barely competent QB on that Bears, they easily would have lost.

Yeah but look at their schedule. They have nothing much better on there other than the Cowboys. Look it it. It's unbelievably weak.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:

Yeah but look at their schedule. They have nothing much better on there other than the Cowboys. Look it it. It's unbelievably weak.
bears will win the next one
Share 49ersWebzone