There are 285 users in the forums

Your starting QB for the next 10 years

Shop 49ers game tickets

Your starting QB for the next 10 years

You are forced to pick one of these players to be your starting QB for the next 10 years. Caveat: They are all baby-fresh out of college. Based on what you know now, who'd you select?

Me?

Brock_STAR Montana Purdy.
Those are my choices?

Lol fk it, I go with Lance. Still some unknowns there..I am from Vegas and kinda wanna roll the dice lol. The 10 yr sign would give him a boost of confidence and who knows what will unraveI. Lol. If a bust, at least I get to boast that I gave the guy the reps ppl were wanting lol.
[ Edited by Montana on Nov 14, 2023 at 7:12 PM ]
what does it matter if they are fresh out of college if you know what kind of QB they are lol
You hope by year eight Trey Lance actually becomes something resembling a good NFL QB.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
what does it matter if they are fresh out of college if you know what kind of QB they are lol

That was mainly to keep Jimmy G. as an option unless you think he is playing until his 40's
I picked trey lance because the rest are terrible choices and lance still is an unknown
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
You hope by year eight Trey Lance actually becomes something resembling a good NFL QB.

out of all the players mentioned everyone has had atleast a few seasons to show what they are except for Trey.
I picked Jimmy G. When healthy he was at least serviceable and can win games. The rest of these guys have either flopped or have been so underwhelming they can't even get on the field.
[ Edited by floridaMan on Nov 15, 2023 at 3:02 AM ]
Trey.. QB play gonna suck with any of them though

Part of me would roll with Fields. Before his injury i think he was starting to put things together. The problem would be you'd have to change the current offense and just let him do 1 read and take off if its not there until he gets better in 2-3 years.

Like others have said Lance is unknown. You'd have to play him the same way you'd play Fields but the difference is Fields is a much better athlete. If my offense is built for a running QB then at least get a fast one.

My 2nd choice is Jimmy. He'll get you to the playoffs when healthy but everything needs to go right to win.
[ Edited by miked1978 on Nov 15, 2023 at 4:51 AM ]
I have serious doubts about any of those guys being a viable starting QB in 10 years. JG because of injuries and his age. Jones, Lance and Wilson because of their abilities although Lance may emerge in time. He's the youngest of that group. Fields is interesting because he has some talent if you can get him to stay in the pocket and throw. He needs to raise his accuracy up from 55% to at lest 65%.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That was mainly to keep Jimmy G. as an option unless you think he is playing until his 40's
I was trying to get at is if you had the knowledge of how each QB already is, why would anyone pick an inferior QB even if they were fresh from college
I will pick Trey Lance. Not because I think he is good. Not because I have confidence that he will be good. But because all the other QBs are known entities and are various degrees of trash.
Definitely Trey Lance. Rest of them are proven busts and have zero chance of winning a SB as a starter.
Share 49ersWebzone