There are 271 users in the forums

Would you trade draft picks for Justin Fields?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would you trade draft picks for Justin Fields?

3rd
I wouldn't trade a bag of cool ranch Doritos for him. Mayyybe nacho cheese
Originally posted by Midbay:
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by Midbay:
Maybe Fields has gotten the short end of the stick but that isn't a reason to trade for him. I think Phoenix is right… the only reason I can think to trade for Fields is if you want to design something around who he is currently (which is an athletic but otherwise pretty bad conventional QB) not some vague notion of who he might be.

Like I said I am not advocating for trading for him either.

But "bad conventional QBS" don't win MVP awards at the Elite 11 camp, get considered equal or better than Lawrence in some recruiting circles, or outplay and out pass him head to head.

None of that is to say that he isn't responsible for his failures or will become Steve Young elsewhere. But it is to say the wrong situation could probably ruin almost any quarterback.

History is littered with the carcasses of failed 1st round QBs who did all manner of wondrous things in college. Maybe he can get a new birth certificate, return to college and win more MVP awards at camps but he is currently playing remarkably like a "bad conventional QB" in the actual NFL. You believe in the guy which is fine. I'm open to the strong possibility he just isn't cut out for the job.

It's not even so much I believe in him. I DO think different situation he does considerably better.

Like I said, coaching matters. Russell Wilson went from being done to playing pretty well again even if he is no longer what he was.

Different team, different coach, with the question marks on Mahomes, and yes they were there, he might be one of those failed first round quarterbacks.
f**k and no
As someone who really badly wanted us to draft Fields when we made the trade for #3:

I would not trade anything more than one of those really late 3rds for him.
Wait i thought this was an old thread.
F**K no. Almost any other team without an established QB though. Maybe a trey lance type.
Share 49ersWebzone