There are 318 users in the forums

Seahawks vs Cowboys Thursday November 30th

Shop 49ers game tickets
I want them both to lose. But what helps more here? Should the Seahawks win and we lose to the Eagles it's now a dogfight for the division. Should the Cowboys win we have the same record and the head to head win. Maybe we beat the Eagles but lose to the Ravens. The Cowboys keep winning and they could actually move ahead of us on seeding. Longshot but possible.

I think the Cowboys losing is better. Because we get 1 more game of leeway with the head to head win. We can lose 1 and still be ahead of them. I think we take care of business at home and beat the Seahawks. So we put another loss on the Seahawks. Then there is always the Cowboys could be too deflated if they lose and not fight hard against the Eagles in the home matchup. Which could help us if we beat the Eagles and they do also.

So it's tough. But what's better? I still say slightly better if the Cowboys lose. But either one to lose this is good. Or maybe a tie.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 27, 2023 at 8:31 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I want them both to lose. But what helps more here? Should the Seahawks win and we lose to the Eagles it's now a dogfight for the division. Should the Cowboys win we have the same record and the head to head win. Maybe we beat the Eagles but lose to the Ravens. The Cowboys keep winning and they could actually move ahead of us on seeding. Longshot but possible.

I think the Cowboys losing is better. Because we get 1 more game of leeway with the head to head win. We can lose 1 and still be ahead of them. I think we take care of business at home and beat the Seahawks. So we put another loss on the Seahawks. Then there is always the Cowboys could be too deflated if they lose and not fight hard against the Eagles in the home matchup. Which could help us if we beat the Eagles and they do also.

So it's tough. But what's better? I still say slightly better if the Cowboys lose. But either one to lose this is good. Or maybe a tie.

cowboys are the real threat
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

cowboys are the real threat

Yes I sort of agree. I don't think the Seahawks are for real. Plus I think we take care of business and post another loss on them at home. So honestly the Cowboys losing is still better for us IMO. But they got to play their best game of the year against the Eagles at home regardless of record. I think with the division game and the animosity they probably will regardless of record. That would be the best outcome.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 27, 2023 at 8:54 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Never root for the cowboys to win. Except when they play the eagles in a couple weeks

then we'll have to stomach weeks of Skip and his legion of losers talking up the Cowboys as the team to beat in the nfc.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Never root for the cowboys to win. Except when they play the eagles in a couple weeks

then we'll have to stomach weeks of Skip and his legion of losers talking up the Cowboys as the team to beat in the nfc.

Yes I agree. It's better for the Cowboys to lose. We beat the Seahawks at home and post another loss on them. The Cowboys play their best game of the year at home and beat the Eagles to help us to the #1 seed. Assuming we can beat the Eagles at their house. Finding a way to the #1 seed. That's the perfect scenario.
I'd rather Dallas win.

Right now they're a wild card team so we don't have to worry about them passing us. If they're suddenly division leaders then that means the Eagles must be stumbling which is good for us.

Goal #1 is keeping up with the Eagles. Goal #2 (becomes Goal #1 if we lose Sunday) is staying ahead of the Seahawks. Goal #3 (becomes Goal #2 if we lose Sunday and Goal #1 if we beat the Seahawks again) is keeping up/staying ahead of the Lions.

The Cowboys aren't in the equation for us right now. At least not yet. I'm more than fine with them winning this game and the Eagles game. Maybe even the Lions game. The rest they can go ahead and lose.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I'd rather Dallas win.

Right now they're a wild card team so we don't have to worry about them passing us. If they're suddenly division leaders then that means the Eagles must be stumbling which is good for us.

Goal #1 is keeping up with the Eagles. Goal #2 (becomes Goal #1 if we lose Sunday) is staying ahead of the Seahawks. Goal #3 (becomes Goal #2 if we lose Sunday and Goal #1 if we beat the Seahawks again) is keeping up/staying ahead of the Lions.

The Cowboys aren't in the equation for us right now. At least not yet. I'm more than fine with them winning this game and the Eagles game. Maybe even the Lions game. The rest they can go ahead and lose.

Those make sense I guess.

Did that help us or hurt us? The Seahawks are knocked further down. That's good for the division. But the Cowboys are right with us now on record. If we should lose and they keep winning they could over take us on seeding. I think we needed the opposite. However should we win the Cowboys will play like a dog fight at home because they have a chance for the division then with the Eagles. So maybe it helps us in a way. IDK? You could look at it both ways. Anyway what happened is what took place.
it was a good game
definitely glad the cowboys won.

the bigger their hot air balloon, the more entertaining to see it pop in the playoffs hahahaha

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
definitely glad the cowboys won.

the bigger their hot air balloon, the more entertaining to see it pop in the playoffs hahahaha

The great thing is they will play like a dog fight when they have the Eagles come to town. Which can help us. Because they will think they are in it for the division.
  • titan
  • Veteran
DK was a beast! Parson is disruptive, but it's hard for me to class him as one of the best defenders when you finish with 1 or 2 tackles on several games.
All teams have their flaws and you never know what will happen in a given week. But I don't think either team is all that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

Seattle doesn't have much of a defense and Geno is basically their Jimmy G. Acceptable and capable of really good play. But not a guy who will be the reason you win typically.

Dallas has talent but again are over hyped. "Historic" defense when they play bad teams with below average quarterback play. Play an offense with a pulse and they look like just another defense. They played alright against Philly but the Eagles haven't been the most explosive week to week either.
Silver & blue go sureno teams both….douche-chills.
Share 49ersWebzone