There are 271 users in the forums

Cleveland Browns

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Don't look now but the Browns are finally a team to be taken serious. They have the best defense in the NFL N they have Joe Flacco playing like it was 2012 all over again. Niners not only have their hands full if they make it to the Superbowl vs Baltimore but Cleveland as well.

Kyle Shanahan has no answers for Jim Schwartz defense, good luck if you have to face either of these teams in the Superbowl.

Stop with the Kyle Shanahan has no answers for Jim Schwartz defense. 49ers rookie kicker missed a FG in the rain, the end.

Jim Schwartz is a pretty remarkable 8-1 against Shanahan since they met as coordinators for the first time in 2008.
That's called being pwned 🤫

That 8-1 record is misleading though.
Browns look very good right now and Playoff Flacco is real but to make the Super Bowl they will have to be very good and very lucky to win 3 straight playoff games on the road and I'm seeing that they will travel to Cincy next week so they would have to play 4 straight games on the road in the next 4 weeks.

I think the Browns win the wild card game and then get bounced in the divisional round in a very close game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Browns look very good right now and Playoff Flacco is real but to make the Super Bowl they will have to be very good and very lucky to win 3 straight playoff games on the road and I'm seeing that they will travel to Cincy next week so they would have to play 4 straight games on the road in the next 4 weeks.

I think the Browns win the wild card game and then get bounced in the divisional round in a very close game.

I think the Bills, Dolphins and Baltimore can beat the Browns. And I wouldn't sleep on playoff-Mahomes, they can get hot real fast!!
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Definitely beating the Jags in WC.
Brownies will put up a good fight against anybody in the AFC...

They beat us in their house by a missed FG, no Deebo / Williams and I believe CMC was playing banged up (I think). If we meet in the SB, I'm not really concerned.

Flacco beat us in that SB when he was in his prime, our Dline wasn't this good and Justin Smith was playing injured. With both teams healthy, we'd be more than 3 point favorites.
One thing about the Browns though is they are not very good on the road. A completely different team. And they are probally going to have to run the table on the road in or order to get to the SB. They are 8-1 at home and 3-4 on the road.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Don't look now but the Browns are finally a team to be taken serious. They have the best defense in the NFL N they have Joe Flacco playing like it was 2012 all over again. Niners not only have their hands full if they make it to the Superbowl vs Baltimore but Cleveland as well.

Kyle Shanahan has no answers for Jim Schwartz defense, good luck if you have to face either of these teams in the Superbowl.

Cleveland feels like they have the best defense in the league this year. That alone will makes them a tough matchup because, chances are, the game will be close. Add to that a resurgent offence because of Flacco and I wouldn't want to play them in the first round of the playoffs.

SF had a shot to win the game and lost on a missed layup field goal.

They lost to PJ. Walker who was making his 1st start of the season and he looked in control of that offense. Imagine going against a veteran QB like Flacco who knows a thing for 2 about playoff wins/SB Victory. Trust me Flacco would carve up this secondary N would easily be 2-0 vs SF in the SB 😮‍💨
Pray Cleveland N Baltimore don't find a way to get into the SB. Most likely either team would beat the crap out of whoever comes out the NFC.

The Browns aren't that good. They recently lost to the Broncos, Rams, and Seahawks. They got dominated by the Broncos and Rams. Your weak opinion that Cleveland would dominate anyone in the Superbowl is laughable.
[ Edited by EastBay on Dec 30, 2023 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Happy for Cleveland. I doubt they will make the Super Bowl. Despite how Flacco has looked, he is one big hit away from an injury. The 49ers would destroy Cleveland in any Super Bowl, Flacco or no Flacco.

Bottom line? I'm happy for both the Cleveland and Detroit fan bases. They have suffered through some really bad stretches. It's about time they got to witness some winning football.

It didn't look that way when we played them.

Walker walked all over our secondary dude ain't even on Flacco's level either. To say that we can easily beat Flacco in the SB is a joke. The homer in people don't see the big picture. He doesn't have to be elite he has the best defense to give him plenty of opportunities to score within a game. Niners defense is no where near as good as Cleveland's.

192 yards, 2 interceptions, no touchdowns and 19 points. Your opinions are super weak. How is that dominating the 49er secondary?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by EastBay:

Cleveland feels like they have the best defense in the league this year. That alone will makes them a tough matchup because, chances are, the game will be close. Add to that a resurgent offence because of Flacco and I wouldn't want to play them in the first round of the playoffs.

They lost to PJ. Walker who was making his 1st start of the season and he looked in control of that offense. Imagine going against a veteran QB like Flacco who knows a thing for 2 about playoff wins/SB Victory. Trust me Flacco would carve up this secondary N would easily be 2-0 vs SF in the SB 😮‍💨
Pray Cleveland N Baltimore don't find a way to get into the SB. Most likely either team would beat the crap out of whoever comes out the NFC.

The Browns aren't that good. They recently lost to the Broncos, Rams, and Seahawks. They got dominated by the Broncos and Rams. Your weak opinion that Cleveland would dominate anyone in the Superbowl is laughable.

Joe Flacco, 8 interceptions in 5 games.

Don't ever give the 9ers that kind of opportunity.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 30, 2023 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Happy for Cleveland. I doubt they will make the Super Bowl. Despite how Flacco has looked, he is one big hit away from an injury. The 49ers would destroy Cleveland in any Super Bowl, Flacco or no Flacco.

Bottom line? I'm happy for both the Cleveland and Detroit fan bases. They have suffered through some really bad stretches. It's about time they got to witness some winning football.

It didn't look that way when we played them.

Walker walked all over our secondary dude ain't even on Flacco's level either. To say that we can easily beat Flacco in the SB is a joke. The homer in people don't see the big picture. He doesn't have to be elite he has the best defense to give him plenty of opportunities to score within a game. Niners defense is no where near as good as Cleveland's.

Did he even have 200 yards passing? He also threw 2 picks and no touchdowns. What are you talking about? If that's walking over our secondary then Trent Diller had God tier QB play in 2000.

Stop with the Kyle Shanahan has no answers for Jim Schwartz defense. 49ers rookie kicker missed a FG in the rain, the end.

There was a lot of things going for Cleveland to win that game (i.e. extra rest, Niners coming off an emotional win, home field advantage, rain, Schwartz' track record vs Kyle).

Give Kyle two weeks to battle Cleveland on neutral territory, with this year's film to go off of?

Yeah, good f**king luck Schwartz.

Probably the best thing about the Browns is they might be able to knock out Baltimore or Buffalo, and make things tough for another AFC team to get to the Bowl.
10 or more teams lost the following week after playing Brownies

Maybe (at the least) they'll beat up the team(s) they face in the playoffs so said team limps into next game and gets eliminated
Browns hopefully knock out the Ravens
  • Cosmo

Joe Flacco, 8 interceptions in 5 games.

Don't ever give the 9ers that kind of opportunity.

Down defense reminds me of the Niners defense the past few years. They are the reason that team is doing great, not their offense.
Share 49ersWebzone