LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 202 users in the forums

Aubrayo Franklin most underrated

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Several other players confirmed the choice most particularly linebacker Takeo Spikes, whose 122 tackles are greatly due to Franklin's presence. "A lot of things he does goes unnoticed, but if you're another player, you see it," Spikes said.

"You see runs up the middle and the running back will cut it back; Aubrayo will make the play but not make the tackle," Spikes said. "The running back will have to cut it back because of his presence. He's one of the best nose guards I've seen who manhandles the center."

Franklin most underrated

WOW! Just goes to show how much WE know. Franklin has been considered no better than mediocre for the most part in this forum (by myself as well, I admit). Maybe all our demands to upgrade at NT are unfounded afterall.

[ Edited by gravelburn on Jun 27, 2009 at 00:53:21 ]
Buck was faster:
Franklin most underrated thread

Mods, please lock! Thanks
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Buck was faster:

New guy is quick wit the lock lol welcome to the zone
I'm definitely surprised by this. He might be better than what we thought for the more casual observers of the game. I watch all the games but I never re watch games for the purpose of studying a certain player.
too bad franklin's gonna be gone; he's not the type of nose tackle they want
Originally posted by 49ers1:

They who? The fans? or the front office? If you're talking about the front office, what makes you say this. Nothing they've done has lead one to believe that they're not already happy with the NT we have. If they weren't happy with Franklin or the rest of the guys on the roster, I'm guessing they would have drafted someone.
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:

They who? The fans? or the front office? If you're talking about the front office, what makes you say this. Nothing they've done has lead one to believe that they're not already happy with the NT we have. If they weren't happy with Franklin or the rest of the guys on the roster, I'm guessing they would have drafted someone.

McCloughan was quoted in a Maiocco article that stated that he would pull the trigger on an impact NT if he had the opportunity. The article and quotes made it clear that he doesn't feel we currently have an impact NT, but can "get by" until we do. There was only 1 somewhat clear impact NT in the draft, and GB snatched him up just before our pick.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

McCloughan was quoted in a Maiocco article that stated that he would pull the trigger on an impact NT if he had the opportunity. The article and quotes made it clear that he doesn't feel we currently have an impact NT, but can "get by" until we do. There was only 1 somewhat clear impact NT in the draft, and GB snatched him up just before our pick.

He was not a clear impact NT, he played in a 43 throughout college. Obviously Singletary likes what we have because we have plenty of ammunition to go seek someone out if he didnt.

[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jun 27, 2009 at 18:57:35 ]
He's not very good.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankie:
Buck was faster:

LOL. I know! I was thinking the same thing?

Why exactly should this thread be locked?

• carl
  • Veteran
I think the issue with this article is that it's just one player complimenting another player. Without a doubt, AF has earned his playing time. But you have to take what players say with a grain of salt.

Spikes has to work with AF. He's not going to throw him under the bus or even say that he should be making more tackles. Spikes gets paid a lot of money and doesn't want to jeopardize that in any way.

Kinda like how all the players on the team said they like Nolan before he was let go. You really think that was true?

Anyways, enough examples. You get my point.
Originally posted by carl:
Originally posted by frankie:
Buck was faster:

LOL. I know! I was thinking the same thing?

Why exactly should this thread be locked?

A thread was already made for abrayo franklin for being underated.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

In my opinion, the dominant 3-4 NT is the rarest position in the league. I can only think of a hand full of guys that I really call dominant or game changers. McCloughan would be a fool not to grab a player like that if given the chance.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not very good.

thats in ur wrong opinion...
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not very good.

thats in ur wrong opinion...

Obviously. I'll take a players opinion over a fans.
Share 49ersWebzone