LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Dre Bly has more comments...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • g0t0
  • Veteran
i think he will start. mostly because this team needs to get playoffs in order for singletary and mcC to look good. bly has the experience, so i think this year goes to him. next year, who knows....
2009 Dre Bly = 2008 Takeo Spikes
Will be a darn good addition to this team and will have a decent year. Won't be surprised to see his starting...or spending a ton of time on field as a nickle.
I would do the same. If I've gotten older and now can't even be a number 3 that's it i'm retiring. Go out before you lose respect and play like s**t. Makes sense.
  • nekst
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I wouldnt take it as a negative comment. He is basically saying that he knows when to say enough is enough, and he is not going to cling on like other players have (Rice, Emmitt, etc.)

I respect that.

That's true I didn't really think of it like that.
I'm not quite sure that he'll start but he will have a big impact for us. Whether it's in a starters' role or nickel role remains to be seen.

-9fA
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Will be a darn good addition to this team and will have a decent year. Won't be surprised to see his starting...or spending a ton of time on field as a nickle.

What about......
2009 Dre Bly = 2006 Walt Harris ??!!?
Originally posted by AKfanster:

What about......

This would mean this next probowl bly will be chillin in miami! I'd love for his to happen.
I like the fact his pride of play is not in question. Some players hang around a yr or so to long and really hurt their teams progession. Bly sounds hungry and determined. He is gonna have a good yr, I think anyway. He sounds very determined to quite some critics!

Would like to see clements make the probowl as well!
"I don't make no excuses"

isn't that a double negative, he just said he makes excuses
Originally posted by WestCoast:
"I don't make no excuses"

isn't that a double negative, he just said he makes excuses

-9fA
I like Dre Bly, but his play has slipped each year for the last 3-4 years. He gives up way too many big plays. Now, what I really like about him is, he will make plays. He will bat down the ball, and he will intercept, which is what we badly need. But, there will be several times when he will gamble and give up huge plays.

Hopefully, our safeties will have his back. I do hope we can generate some pass-rush, because that is exactly when an aggressive CB can win a game or two for you.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I like Dre Bly, but his play has slipped each year for the last 3-4 years. He gives up way too many big plays. Now, what I really like about him is, he will make plays. He will bat down the ball, and he will intercept, which is what we badly need. But, there will be several times when he will gamble and give up huge plays.

Hopefully, our safeties will have his back. I do hope we can generate some pass-rush, because that is exactly when an aggressive CB can win a game or two for you.

True that, in his defense he had no pass rush in denver, and before denver he played for detroit. That tends to show the lack of help he had on the defensive side of the ball
Originally posted by Joecool:
Good, he's hungry.

No he sounds selfish to me, but I wish he rocks out for us.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
He's NOT going to be a number 4 guy on this team...
Originally posted by frankie:

What about......

This would mean this next probowl bly will be chillin in miami! I'd love for his to happen.
I like the fact his pride of play is not in question. Some players hang around a yr or so to long and really hurt their teams progession. Bly sounds hungry and determined. He is gonna have a good yr, I think anyway. He sounds very determined to quite some critics!

I doubt he'll have that type of season, but it would be a nice surprise! I'd rather see Brown win the starting gig and have a great year. Spencer will most likely need another year before he's back to 100%, but he'll be a good dime back this season.
Originally posted by frankie:

What about......

I doubt he'll have that type of season, but it would be a nice surprise! I'd rather see Brown win the starting gig and have a great year. Spencer will most likely need another year before he's back to 100%, but he'll be a good dime back this season.

Yup, this is probably true
Share 49ersWebzone