LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 216 users in the forums

Homecoming with Jerry Rice

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i only got to see the last 25 minutes. i hope it re-airs. jerry rice is my favorite athlete of all time. my dream came true when i got to meet him in november. can't wait to be there in canton next year.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Dang Jerry's son has some speed! he beat his dad when they ran with the parachute.

His son is going to UCLA he should be good.

hope the niners draft him lol. crabtree and rice oh yeah!!

his son looked real short compared to him
Best part was when Eddie Debartalo came on. He really was the best owner. Jerry Rice made a great point in that Eddie deserves to be in the hall of fame.
Originally posted by 49erFanNIndy:
i only got to see the last 25 minutes. i hope it re-airs. jerry rice is my favorite athlete of all time. my dream came true when i got to meet him in november. can't wait to be there in canton next year.

According to Mike8016, it's on next Monday from 8 to 9 and I'm very happy because I missed parts of it as well due to Comcast sucking **s.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:

According to Mike8016, it's on next Monday from 8 to 9 and I'm very happy because I missed parts of it as well due to Comcast sucking **s.

Here in wis it is on at 10pm
Homecoming wit rick riley: feat jerry rice!
Just to confirm
A few awkward moments for me during the otherwise great special...

- When Jerry's ex got the mic, you could really cut the tension in that room with a butter knife
- Jerry going briefly into his time with the Raiders
- Jerry answering the question of what quarterback playing in the league today would he like to play with (Great question by Reilly). The answer, btw, was Tom Brady. I still insist to this day that Brady's line and Vinatieri made him the man who he is today.
Originally posted by rodbeezy:
A few awkward moments for me during the otherwise great special...

- When Jerry's ex got the mic, you could really cut the tension in that room with a butter knife
- Jerry going briefly into his time with the Raiders
- Jerry answering the question of what quarterback playing in the league today would he like to play with (Great question by Reilly). The answer, btw, was Tom Brady. I still insist to this day that Brady's line and Vinatieri made him the man who he is today.

I thought it was kind of awkward the way he said he wanted to play with Brady because he was like Joe, when Steve had just stepped down from the stage after a nice little segment of joking and reminiscing. Plus, you're right, the Raiders thing was a little painful the way the crowd booed. Give it a rest for just a second, Niner fans. But, he quieted them down right away with that remark about how he was "devastated" when the Niners let him go. That was DEFINITELY an awkward moment.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Dang Jerry's son has some speed! he beat his dad when they ran with the parachute.

He let him win to increase his draft value when the time comes.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Can someone please make a torrent?

-9fA
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GoNiners:
I miss Jerry, the beginning to the show made me cry

The three or four dropped passes they showed from his rookie year made me cry. I kept saying to myself, "That's TD #209, #210, #211 ..."

I thought the most awkward moment was when they said the homecoming wasn't in Crawford, but I guess all the ex-49ers live in Santa Clara and wouldn't have otherwise been available for this. Speaking of whom, a lot of them sounded really uncomfortable on the mic.

What channel with it reair at 8pm on Monday? Also, EST?

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
That was a fun show. Great to relive some of our greatest moments with the greatest to ever play. Ah memories.
torrent anyone?
Very admirable guy!!! I went to the filming of the show and was placed on stage, so you will see me several times on stage with my girlfriend to the left of me, front row left side. HOW DO I POST THE PIC OF ME AND HIM AFTER THE SHOW IN THE FORUM FROM MY LIBRARY? There is no URL.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:

Thats what my comcast box said. Hopefully its right.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4316867

a couple clips from the show

Upcoming Episodes of 'Homecoming With Rick Reilly: Jerry Rice'

Mon 7/13 11:00-12:00am ESPN2
Wed 7/15 7:00-8:00pm ESPNCL
Tue 7/21 3:00-4:00am ESPNU

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/homecoming-with-rick-reilly-jerry-rice/EP01157781
[ Edited by Trajik1 on Jul 11, 2009 at 10:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone