LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 128 users in the forums

Jerry Rice..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Had to put the white guys on the list ahead of him. Probably call them "smarter" players also. Call the "colored" players freaks of nature because they want you to think a black man is born with the gift and doesnt have to work at anything and a white player has to work and study the game. Jerry had top3 hands! Jerry was the best route runner ever! Jerry was one the hardest workers ever! Jerry was the smartest WR ever! Jerry was the best WR ever! But you cant just make a best WR poll because its automatic Jerry is #1

They put at least 3 black guys ahead of him too. This had less to do with race and everything to do with being dumb and stupid.

[ Edited by ObePwnD on Jul 26, 2009 at 07:29:17 ]
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Had to put the white guys on the list ahead of him. Probably call them "smarter" players also. Call the "colored" players freaks of nature because they want you to think a black man is born with the gift and doesnt have to work at anything and a white player has to work and study the game. Jerry had top3 hands! Jerry was the best route runner ever! Jerry was one the hardest workers ever! Jerry was the smartest WR ever! Jerry was the best WR ever! But you cant just make a best WR poll because its automatic Jerry is #1

I don't even think that you needed to go there. I sincerely doubt that is where their thought process was taking them.

It's just a matter of simple. Simple minds putting simple feet in simple mouths.

Cris Carter placed as high as he did is bad enough. But he didn't exactly have chumps throwing the rock to him. Moon?

Hell I'm shocked that Moss didn't place near Rice in the top 10.

But Racism is not one of their reasons for how they picked who they picked.

Before Rice Largent was the man. Before Largent there were a few others. But if anything it just shows what Rice did was that much more special. Regardless of what those simpletons think.

~Ceadder
Theyre just jealous that we had the goat and jerry was the best to ever do anything a wr does.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
They said Carter had more one-hand catches than anyone. If I remember correctly, Rice had a sh*t-load of one handers. Wow, just wow.

Rice caught the ball after it hit him in the back of the helmet! The Helmet!!!!

I think this was during the Eagles playoff game in '96, but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Can't remember which guy said this but he basically made the statement, "Was it his hands or was it the fact the Rice had Young and Montana puting the ball into his hands?"

He went on to ask, "Wonder how good Rice would have been with different quartbacks?".

If I remember right rice played damn good wit steve bono and elvis grbac. Hell he even had jim druckenmiller for a qb for a game! Lol don't remember if rice caught a td in that game tho! Rice is the all time best. Carter was good and same wit the formentioned. But rice was just amazing, for almost 20 yrs at that!

Don't foget a good portion of a whole season with Jeff Kemp!

I think Kemp has the 4th most TD passes to Rice.

Rice was injured for the Drukenmiller game (at Rams 1997). JJ Stokes caught that TD pass.
Share 49ersWebzone