There are 124 users in the forums

Crabtree's agent also represents Tyson Jackson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well since he feels Crabtree should have been the 3rd pick the Chiefs should use his words against him and offer Jackson 4th pick money or worse...

Just thinking out loud...
NFL talk..

but yeah, they should pay tyson jackson number 11-15 money, cause the chiefs reached for him.
Talk around the league is Crabtree is the reason so many top picks aren't signed. Everyone wants to see how the Niners handle Crabtree. Why else wouldn't the 2, 3, 4th picks be signed? 1 and 5 signed so they all should fill into their slot.

But oh wait the #10 pick wants to get #3 money. That would f-up the whole slotting system.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
I wouldn't be worried about this until Saturday. When he starts to miss practice, then it's something, but now it's just talk.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Well since he feels Crabtree should have been the 3rd pick the Chiefs should use his words against him and offer Jackson 4th pick money or worse...

hahahahaha
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Eugene Parker's position is so weak its funny. He "should've" been drafted in the top 3? Umm, yeah he probably should have been based on his preformance in college and what not, but the fact is he slid for a reason. He didnt workout at the combine, and he somehow attained a diva tag (which i don't believe , but its a reason why some teams passed).

The fact of the matter is he went #10 because of him and no one else. If he wants to back up his belief in that he should've been the top WR taken or even a top 3 pick, then prove it on the field and get PAID on your second contract. In order to do that, you need to get your ass in camp and start playing.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Eugene Parker's position is so weak its funny. He "should've" been drafted in the top 3? Umm, yeah he probably should have been based on his preformance in college and what not, but the fact is he slid for a reason. He didnt workout at the combine, and he somehow attained a diva tag (which i don't believe , but its a reason why some teams passed).

The fact of the matter is he went #10 because of him and no one else. If he wants to back up his belief in that he should've been the top WR taken or even a top 3 pick, then prove it on the field and get PAID on your second contract. In order to do that, you need to get your ass in camp and start playing.

exactly Terrell Brown should have been a 2nd round pick, but he was in a car that had a gun in it, when it was pulled over. So everyone thought he is a character risk. He hasn't had one brush with the law in his few years in the NFL and only gets better the more he sees the field.

My point is Parker's position is wack. Players drop for any number of reasons, and are never compensated based on where they should have been picked. NEVER!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Talk around the league is Crabtree is the reason so many top picks aren't signed. Everyone wants to see how the Niners handle Crabtree. Why else wouldn't the 2, 3, 4th picks be signed? 1 and 5 signed so they all should fill into their slot.

But oh wait the #10 pick wants to get #3 money. That would f-up the whole slotting system.

told ya: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/49ers-Crabtree-holding-up-first-round-countract-;_ylt=AvO3wcwk3k3aZPaLPPNkeRBDubYF?urn=nfl,179177
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Haha awesome idea. That could be a rough spot for the agent to be in.
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
I'd like to see a mandatory, set pay scale according to draft position and take the entire rookie negotiating process out of the equation. It would be a three year deal with the team retaining exclusive contract extension rights based on performance after the first 3 years.

I think a lot of the veteran players around the league would like to see this as well. Players are being paid too much for what they are being projected to do without having accomplished anything at the NFL level.

I like Crabtree but I think the 49ers should hold strong on this one. If a team in the top 3 wanted him, he would have gone in the top 3.

You are drafted where you are drafted. Deal with it.

I am now stepping off the soapbox.

[ Edited by the_woad on Jul 28, 2009 at 23:30:09 ]

I feel a lot better about Crabtree's situation now. I feel sorry for those Chiefs fans. Parker is probably asking for 30 million in singing bonus for Tyson Jackson.
Hard to believe the other stupid agents have their thumbs up their asses waiting for the 10th overall to sign.

The 49ers will just have to wait until the players around Crabtree start to sign. THEN the pressure will go right back onto Mr. Doodoo brain Eugene Parker.

The 49ers should give Parker a tape of Josh Morgan's highlights. We already have a Crabtree like player, which one is the bigger fish? Who knows?

Its beginning to feel as if the whole flipping world has their thumbs up their asses these days.
This damn agent is is messing stuff up. The league really needs a rookie pay scale
I could see the potential for Crabtree pushing the NFL over the edge to create a rookie salary pay scale, like the NBA possesses. The NFL has talked about this for years, and a mountain of rookies holding out might force the hand of the NFL and the players association to make the change.

Call it the Crabtree Rule.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 29, 2009 at 06:16:08 ]
If players were paid based on where they feel they should have been drafted, every player in the draft would be paid like the overall #1 pick.

What scares me the most is once he's signed, I see a holdout for more money looming in a couple years. I'll bet that the first really good season he has, his agent starts talking about renegotiating his contract because he should be paid liked one of the top five WRs in the league. I'm convinced that by 2012 we'll be having the same discussion on when Crabtree will report to camp.
Share 49ersWebzone