LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 345 users in the forums

Harris or Moore?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Harris or Moore?

You have to go with Moore. He has more potential but he's been hurt the last two years. Always give the guy who hasn't proven crap but has the size and ability to better fill out the position a good healthy chance even though it may slow down the depth development and chemistry of the team.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
You have to go with Moore. He has more potential but he's been hurt the last two years. Always give the guy who hasn't proven crap but has the size and ability to better fill out the position a good healthy chance even though it may slow down the depth development and chemistry of the team.

plus he seemed to get a little bit of pressure on friday.
Originally posted by cools:
Laboy is out this season with Injury, but i would like to have him on the team next year

Thats news slipped by me, but that explains why no one has picked him up. He is a good pass rusher who is still pretty young.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I would easily go with Jay Moore. He really impressed me in last week's performance, and has superior size to play as an every down LB. I suspect SF keeps 8 LBs at the very least... probably 9... so I think they both make it.

Manny Lawson - Jay Moore

Takeo Spikes - Scot McKillop

Patrick Willis - Jeff Ulbrich

Parys Haralson - Ahmad Brooks - Marques Harris

and Briggs... possibly Washington to the practice squad

If they keep 9 than I would think we keep both of said players... But I think we keep 8 on the final roster.
I want to see both of them play a little more. go with whoever gets a sack. i think jay moore has moore potential to be a good player though.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I want to see both of them play a little more. go with whoever gets a sack. i think jay moore has moore potential to be a good player though.

So if Moore has provided more pressure on the QB forcing him to throw bad throws but Harris is getting dominated but gets 1 sack you want to dump Moore?
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I'll be a homer and go with Jay Moore.

GO HUSKERS!
Originally posted by backontop:
So if Moore has provided more pressure on the QB forcing him to throw bad throws but Harris is getting dominated but gets 1 sack you want to dump Moore?

no but if its close then i think you have to go with the guy who produces. at this point moore is a bit ahead in my mind because he produced more pressure on the qb and harris didnt really, from what i could tell anyway. i lean towards moore riit now, but i want to see at least one sack from each guy in the next 3 games.
Originally posted by backontop:

no but if its close then i think you have to go with the guy who produces. at this point moore is a bit ahead in my mind because he produced more pressure on the qb and harris didnt really, from what i could tell anyway. i lean towards moore riit now, but i want to see at least one sack from each guy in the next 3 games.

I can care less about sacks. I want to see constant pressure on the QB forcing him to throw prematurely and rushed. Hopefully we can gain some more INT's
Originally posted by jreff22:
Moore will go to the PS, his inability to stay healthy is a major concern and Harris has actual game experience. Moore needs to show he can stay healthy for 1 year before we give him a real roster spot.

he has had 2 injuries, both just happened to be season ending. its not like he has constant injuries.

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Moore will go to the PS, his inability to stay healthy is a major concern and Harris has actual game experience. Moore needs to show he can stay healthy for 1 year before we give him a real roster spot.

he has had 2 injuries, both just happened to be season ending. its not like he has constant injuries.

What part of 2 back to back season ending injuries doesn't = constant injury issue?
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

What part of 2 back to back season ending injuries doesn't = constant injury issue?

Moore will remain healthy and maintain a roster spot. I have faith
Share 49ersWebzone