There are 172 users in the forums

Our s**tty safety play

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Clements offers more to this defense than what most people on here give him credit for. Today was an example of that.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
When Walt gets back from IR move him to safety. He's too old to be a reliable cover corner but he probably has the most playmaking ability of anybody in our second.

Walt Harris is a free agent after the season.
Safety's took some bad angles a couple of times and underestimating Chris Johnsons speed. Problem is not the secondary necessarilly though. there was no pass rush on young all day. that was the problem. The secondary can only cover for so long,.
That and the horrible offensive line play are two glaring weaknesses.
our safety play has been crap for years! michael lewis sucks and over half of you on here love him.?????he is horrid in the pass decent on the run, other than that he sucks! he's gone!
Originally posted by wailers15:
our safety play has been crap for years! michael lewis sucks and over half of you on here love him.?????he is horrid in the pass decent on the run, other than that he sucks! he's gone!

If I were lewis, I would retire because of the concussions. I still think Goldson is not the answer, and I bet if clements was playing, gage wouldnt have looked like Randy Moss.
  • TFSP
If we lose to Chi-town, then let Marcus Hudson play FS and let Dash G play SS, for the rest of the year. Let's see what he can do. Lets know if he will be our very next back up next year after we release Mike Lewis and weakazz Mark Roman. He can't cover a blanket ( Don't care if it was a bad good joke).

Next year, Nate takes a FS salary next year, and get's moved to FS of course, Dash G to SS, if we don't pick great talent in the very early picks next year.

We get killed in the middle of the field, all the time
Originally posted by TFSP:
If we lose to Chi-town, then let Marcus Hudson play FS and let Dash G play SS, for the rest of the year. Let's see what he can do. Lets know if he will be our very next back up next year after we release Mike Lewis and weakazz Mark Roman. He can't cover a blanket ( Don't care if it was a bad good joke).

Next year, Nate takes a FS salary next year, and get's moved to FS of course, Dash G to SS, if we don't pick great talent in the very early picks next year.

We get killed in the middle of the field, all the time

yes, all season except against the cards.. The middle is exploited, usually after about a run of 10-15 yards then you see d. Goldson come running into the picture.. Or you see him/roman/lewis in the wr's dust on big plays.

Safetys are supposed to stop big plays :(
Originally posted by fzrdave:
That and the horrible offensive line play are two glaring weaknesses.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

If I were lewis, I would retire because of the concussions. I still think Goldson is not the answer, and I bet if clements was playing, gage wouldnt have looked like Randy Moss.

Goldson is terrible at coverage as well he is late to react he is exactly like Michael Lewis just good on the run. We need Upgrade on our safety positions.

Eric berry please!

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Goldson is terrible at coverage as well he is late to react he is exactly like Michael Lewis just good on the run. We need Upgrade on our safety positions.

Eric berry please!

I agree.. but they look like pro bowlers compared to mark roman.
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The way this team performed today it's looking more and more like we're going to have consecutive high 1st round picks.

~Ceadder

I'm starting to wonder what good those picks will do

even if we address our needs, the way everyone else is playing its not gonna matter and were gonna be rebuilding again!
That's so far down the chain of our problems man it doesn't even matter. I wouldn't even put that in our top 3 biggest problems.
I agree, it's overdue that we need some real playmakers back there. I'm for seeing if Clements can be a S...I think he can, he's got enough quickness and is a sure tackler. Goldson's been average, at best, but I'd rather have him back there than Roman. My hope is both Reggie Smith and Curtis Taylor develop quickly...but agree we need to draft a good one.
They did look like crap but when the QB has all day to throw it hard to keep your man covered.
Share 49ersWebzone