LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 246 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
You literally have no opinion. You rarely do. You just pick a side and site sources from that side 100% of the time defending the FO.

Here's your chance to state one and we'll see how it ends up. Not that there will ever be a report that reads, "Deebo asks for trade after getting lowballed." LOL

You'd actually have to put 2+2 together on your own.

AJ Brown is asking for a trade because he wants more money. He's clear as day that is the reason why. Why wouldn't Deebo say the same instead of saying its about how he's being used?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
You literally have no opinion. You rarely do. You just pick a side and site sources from that side 100% of the time defending the FO.

Here's your chance to state one and we'll see how it ends up. Not that there will ever be a report that reads, "Deebo asks for trade after getting lowballed." LOL

AJ Brown is asking for a trade because he wants more money. He's clear as day that is the reason why. Why wouldn't Deebo say the same instead of saying its about how he's being used?

Same agent as well
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I can provide you links to the 49ers picking Mac Jones too by those same sources.

It doesn't add up, does it? Did you see the video circulating where his agent said he's worth $20 but they aren't paying that? Is that fake news?

Something magically goes wrong during a negotiation period? Right before OTA's?

Perhaps he is just pulling a Trent Williams and is forcing a trade out for a personal reason but even then something had to happen to turn sour in the first place. Deebo isn't just faking being upset. We have "links" to that too.

And you don't have to have links to have an opinion in an opinion forum. And it's OK to be wrong too in the end.

So, do you have an opinion or are you just looking for the links to defend the FO?

So neither of you have anything about a lowball offer, that's what I thought.
and at the bolded . That's classic
I've already offered my opinion and it's based on what's actually out there (no blame placed anywhere at this point) , not passing off some speculation as fact based on a bias I have .
anyways moving on. Let you guys hold court

except there is no 2+2. you're math is 2+0 = 4 with 0 being you're lowball offer being a fictional one

Now, if we want to believe these reports.. There are rumor reports saying money isn't the issue which would take away any offer rumors high or low

but i get it.. you youngsters like to rant like crazy before the real facts come out.. it's the hip thing to do

I guess I could just take your approach and when proven wrong deny I ever said it and gaslight folks 😂
I prefer to take a measured approach and let things play out. Crazy I know,

I can't deny anything. It's right here in b/w for you to quote at any time. I'll always put myself out there.

No, but for real. You don't think something went sour during the initial negotiations?

Something more personal like a fight with Kyle? John?

I could see a trade closer to family but he got MAD so that's a pretty goid indication that "sour" happened...and that too was sourced so you can believe that one.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 20, 2022 at 2:31 PM ]

So you think this is a CAA tactic?

I guess I could just take your approach and when proven wrong deny I ever said it and gaslight folks 😂
I prefer to take a measured approach and let things play out. Crazy I know,

I can't deny anything. It's right here in b/w for you to quote at any time. I'll always put myself out there.

No, but for real. You don't think something went sour during the initial negotiations?

Something more personal like a fight with Kyle? John?

I could see a trade closer to family but he got MAD so that's a pretty goid indication that "sour" happened...and that too was sourced so you can believe that one.

Ummm no comment lol
I honestly have no clue what's happened. I've heard everything from usage issues to its not about money to geographic . What I have not heard is anything related to a lowball offer like we have heard with Brown. Maybe he really just doesn't want to be here or maybe they did piss him off. Best to let the facts come out before forming an opinion l. All I know is when this FO wants a key piece back, it happens.
do you have that clip of his agent saying that you mentioned above? Had not seen it and not finding it

Don't know. But if it was a "lowball" offer at the center I don't see why Deebo wouldn't say that directly. AJ Brown is suggesting that's his issue.

Don't know. But if it was a "lowball" offer at the center I don't see why Deebo wouldn't say that directly. AJ Brown is suggesting that's his issue.

Oh really? I'm not following the Brown news but thanks for that perspective.

PS: If a lowball was the only reason, it would have to be so low that it was super offensive and then he and his agent made zero progress forward after a couple more weeks to the point they requested a trade instead.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 20, 2022 at 3:21 PM ]
Ummm no comment lol
I honestly have no clue what's happened. I've heard everything from usage issues to its not about money to geographic . What I have not heard is anything related to a lowball offer like we have heard with Brown. Maybe he really just doesn't want to be here or maybe they did piss him off. Best to let the facts come out before forming an opinion l. All I know is when this FO wants a key piece back, it happens.
do you have that clip of his agent saying that you mentioned above? Had not seen it and not finding it

No issues with your approach but in a case like this, it's unlikely you're going to get many "facts." You're gonna have to piece it together with what we're offered.

So I was just curious as to what your speculation was. I'm putting mine together with moneyball history, negotiation timelines, Deebo's ego post success, that agent video, etc.

I'm also saying it's OK to lowball. You wouldn't be a good capologist if you didn't start low although the market is so set you'd have to really say something wrong or lowball so low that it becomes an insult.

But one where you instantly demand a trade? I'll certainly throw in a CAA tactic here in the ring (I was earlier in the day too and thought this was much ado about nothing). Until now???
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 20, 2022 at 3:19 PM ]
Ummm no comment lol

No issues with your approach but in a case like this, it's unlikely you're going to get many "facts." You're gonna have to piece it together with what we're offered.

So I was just curious as to what your speculation was. I'm putting mine together with moneyball history, negotiation timelines, Deebo's ego post success, that agent video, etc.

I'm also saying it's OK to lowball. You wouldn't be a good capologist if you didn't start low although the market is so set you'd have to really say something wrong or lowball so low that it becomes an insult.

But one where you instantly demand a trade? I'll certainly throw in a CAA tactic here in the ring (I was earlier in the day too and thought this was much ado about nothing). Until now???

Exactly and if we are going off of that is being offered, then the lowball thing is out the window. And if we are going by their past history of retaining key guys on sizable deals then that points to them closing the deal when they want/need to. By all accounts they want Deebo back. I'm leaning towards this being a negotiation ploy on his side, but who knows. Just hope it gets resolved.

Ummm no comment lol

Exactly and if we are going off of that is being offered, then the lowball thing is out the window. And if we are going by their past history of retaining key guys on sizable deals then that points to them closing the deal when they want/need to. By all accounts they want Deebo back. I'm leaning towards this being a negotiation ploy on his side, but who knows. Just hope it gets resolved.

See, that wasn't so hard.

Agreed. With the info 9ers4eva noted about A.J. Brown, this could certainly be an agent team strategy overall.
I'm pretty convinced this is about the guaranteed $ on offer. We are renowned for "Team friendly deals" where we have plenty of outs, and yes Paraag is probably at the center of it.

The issue here is that both sides know that the injury risk is high, we got burnt by Dee Ford recently and I think Deebo (or his agent) knows we will never reach the amount of guaranteed $ he wants.

Problem is that there are teams who will, I honestly understand this from both sides, we've got 8 days to find a team who will give that contract, and also pay up in draft capital.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

--------------------------
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'm pretty convinced this is about the guaranteed $ on offer. We are renowned for "Team friendly deals" where we have plenty of outs, and yes Paraag is probably at the center of it.

The issue here is that both sides know that the injury risk is high, we got burnt by Dee Ford recently and I think Deebo (or his agent) knows we will never reach the amount of guaranteed $ he wants.

Problem is that there are teams who will, I honestly understand this from both sides, we've got 8 days to find a team who will give that contract, and also pay up in draft capital.

Yup. Sounds like he wants $25M and the FO isn't willing to go over $20M. More credence to disdain from the first lowball offer and that agent video saying he's worth more than $20M but they ain't paying that.

This is where I think things turned in the negotiations:

PS: Hoov, the "link" is on the homepage. You like links.

"In fact, there's a strong chance, from what I've heard, that the 49ers are very solid about offering less than $25 million per/$72.2 million guaranteed. Maybe substantially less," wrote Kawakami.
"I believe the 49ers eventually would've been willing to pay Deebo $21-22 million a year and a guarantee in the $40-50 million range," Kawakami wrote before noting that San Francisco could view Samuel's future with some skepticism.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 21, 2022 at 7:27 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Yup. Sounds like he wants $25M and the FO isn't willing to go over $20M. More credence to disdain from the first lowball offer and that agent video saying he's worth more than $20M but they ain't paying that.

PS: Hoov, the "link" is on the homepage. You like links.

"In fact, there's a strong chance, from what I've heard, that the 49ers are very solid about offering less than $25 million per/$72.2 million guaranteed. Maybe substantially less," wrote Kawakami.
"I believe the 49ers eventually would've been willing to pay Deebo $21-22 million a year and a guarantee in the $40-50 million range," Kawakami wrote before noting that San Francisco could view Samuel's future with some skepticism.

I doubt Kawakami has a team source on this, and I think there's generally a misconception around the big issues being average salary per year.

$25 mil is plenty, I think Deebo would take it, and we'd probably offer it.

My bet is that it's the 3rd to 5th years of the deal, we'll want little guaranteed money left and Deebo will want a lot. That's because he'll be around 30, and I believe he'll no longer be worthy of that kind of money as his body will have started to decline.

We'll see but I would be he is traded within the week. We could play hardball, but he'll never be more valuable than he is now.

I would be gutted as he's an absolute stud, but I don't think it's going to work out.
Share 49ersWebzone