There are 277 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Gotta read the whole article . And this is all TK speculating, which he prefaced it with
I don't see that video anywhere. Even googled it. There's nothing with the agent saying anything about the niners not offering a certain amount of $

I can't find it either now. There was initial discussion that it was Kittle who Deebo was talking too but a fan here chimed it it was actually his agent he was talking too. There were quotes re: the $20M. Maybe it was fake news and got scrubbed here? Or maybe it was in a different thread???

Because Deebo deleted it NC but it does exist. I know Hoov needs courtroom-level evidence here.
tweets don't disappear. Someone will have it and regurgitate it to where all reporters will be saying the same thing... but it's not and reporters are saying it's not money its Deebo being hoime sick

Huh? When a tweet is deleted it shows up as blank. Unless someone screen captured it...but its the video you'd need. LOL. Nobody is lying here.
Kawa doesn't know anything on this

You really don't know what Kawa knows but never forget what Kittle said:

(from Barrows at The Athletic)

Kittle's and Warner's deals came down to the wire, with both players signing just before training camp. Kittle's agent told NFL.com that the 49ers' initial offer, on Feb. 14, 2020, was so disappointing that he started calling it "The Valentine's Day Massacre."

There's a history of this with Paraag going back to the TO days: 21 years of moneyball. It's changed slightly but not that much.
I know the 49ers don't leak anything. Deebo himself said only 3 people know the real situation

Money ball is getting rid of good players, we wouldn't have signed Jimmy, Williams, kittle and Warner to huge deals if we're playing money ball

Paraag and others in his position wouldn't have jobs if they didn't negotiate. Something that most people don't understand in this thread

Jimmy is a good player? Really?

And moneyball isn't about getting rid of good players, it's about having a set budget and not budging from that. Jimmy was a mid-tier unproven starter we over paid. If Cousins comes here instead of Jimmy and demands a fully guaranteed contract like he did with the Vikes, you think Paraag accepts that deal? Lol. Absolutely not.

Warner? Within budget. Kittle? Within budget. Williams not but was overruled by Kyle. Buckner was an incredibly good player.

Again but if us could be full of s**t. I'm simply saying look at what the PLAYERS and their agents are saying.

And unless you're an official in Santa Clara, you have no idea what the 49ers do and do not leak just like your claim that Kawa knows nothing (unless you know who his sources are).
Jimmy and others signed were the highest paid at their positions at the time. That is not money ball, money ball is not signing those guys or trading them for picks. We see this first hand with A's every year.

and yes I'm in Santa Clara and I know the 49ers don't leak. It's not hard to see the track record that they don't.

kawa is just giving his opinion which isn't fact.

So does TS and AS but the AS "link" was used as evidence to refute a possible lowball take that pissed Deebo off...enough to want out (meaning, SF ain't budging).

again opinions on other opinions are not facts. it doesn't matter who it's from or what was said

only you are responsible in believing what you want. and if you don't want to wait for facts that is cool. but don't post them as fact and not receive some type of push back

I don't believe any reports coming out as they are all over the place. the only thing that are facts is Deebo wanting a trade and will not disclose why

Hey, talk to your boy Hoov. He's the one who won't form an opinion in an opinion forum without hard-core facts. LOL

We're all left speculating...but 21 years in this thread, not much is left to secret as to how this strategy goes. Ward, Kittle, etc. all confirmed it.
I think you're missing the point. Deebo wants $25M but the 9ers aren't going above $20M (per TK, possibly up to $21). And that's before the GTD money is discussed. And that's an area Paraag always tries to win significantly.

I'm not missing the point, I just disagree with it and doubt TK has had that from the team, he's probably pulling it out of his @ss for clicks.

Kittle's and Warner's deals came down to the wire, with both players signing just before training camp. Kittle's agent told NFL.com that the 49ers' initial offer, on Feb. 14, 2020, was so disappointing that he started calling it "The Valentine's Day Massacre."

There's a history of this with Paraag going back to the TO days: 21 years of moneyball. It's changed slightly but not that much.
I know the 49ers don't leak anything. Deebo himself said only 3 people know the real situation

Money ball is getting rid of good players, we wouldn't have signed Jimmy, Williams, kittle and Warner to huge deals if we're playing money ball

Paraag and others in his position wouldn't have jobs if they didn't negotiate. Something that most people don't understand in this thread

And moneyball isn't about getting rid of good players, it's about having a set budget and not budging from that. Jimmy was a mid-tier unproven starter we over paid. If Cousins comes here instead of Jimmy and demands a fully guaranteed contract like he did with the Vikes, you think Paraag accepts that deal? Lol. Absolutely not.

Warner? Within budget. Kittle? Within budget. Williams not but was overruled by Kyle. Buckner was an incredibly good player.

Again but if us could be full of s**t. I'm simply saying look at what the PLAYERS and their agents are saying.

And unless you're an official in Santa Clara, you have no idea what the 49ers do and do not leak just like your claim that Kawa knows nothing (unless you know who his sources are).

All those players you have within budget next to were all the highest paid players at there positions So that contradicts your point.
Hey, talk to your boy Hoov. He's the one who won't form an opinion in an opinion forum without hard-core facts. LOL

We're all left speculating...but 21 years in this thread, not much is left to secret as to how this strategy goes. Ward, Kittle, etc. all confirmed it.

I just don't go pass off my opinions as facts or make things up. Big difference.

I just don't go pass off my opinions as facts or make things up. Big difference.

LOL

Still waiting on that list and that video lol
Originally posted by Izyniner:

All those players you have within budget next to were all the highest paid players at there positions So that contradicts your point.

It's not about being the "highest paid player" - that's meaningless. Budget or "slot" is about a number, not a status. "Highest paid player" is usually only good for a few months if that. And again, "highest paid" in what? Total contract value or guaranteed $. Those are very, very different comparisons. Media likes to hype on things that don't matter to players (or execs).

It absolutely matters cause you are saying that they don't pay there stars. There is only one way to be the highest paid player and that's to be paid! Media has nothing to do with it.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'm not missing the point, I just disagree with it and doubt TK has had that from the team, he's probably pulling it out of his @ss for clicks.

No probably about it. Hasn't had a 49ers source in 8 years.

It's not about being the "highest paid player" - that's meaningless. Budget or "slot" is about a number, not a status. "Highest paid player" is usually only good for a few months if that. And again, "highest paid" in what? Total contract value or guaranteed $. Those are very, very different comparisons. Media likes to hype on things that don't matter to players (or execs).
Paraag has turned our fan base into low expectation Texan fans.

It absolutely matters cause you are saying that they don't pay there stars. There is only one way to be the highest paid player and that's to be paid! Media has nothing to do with it.

I'm not saying that like AT ALL. I'm saying there's a slot (literally used that word). I'm saying there's only so much we're willing to pay and that has a range. When there's a player we believe is outside of that range we let them walk or trade. That's a fact. And NOPE there's is not only "one way" to be the "highest paid". Are we talking TCV, ACV, APY or guaranteed?

Who are all the star players they let walk?
3 most successful franchises of the last two decades in the NFL are all franchises that don't go "all in" or "set the market". I fail to see the issue with what Paraag has done. Ownership never gives you what you think you are worth without a fight. If Deebo can't understand that he won't survive in the NFL world.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 21, 2022 at 9:15 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I think you're missing the point. Deebo wants $25M but the 9ers aren't going above $20M (per TK, possibly up to $21). And that's before the GTD money is discussed. And that's an area Paraag always tries to win significantly.

If you Google $25M and Deebo you'll see quite a few references to that number. It's at worse, an educated guess.
I'm not saying that like AT ALL. I'm saying there's a slot (literally used that word). I'm saying there's only so much we're willing to pay and that has a range. When there's a player we believe is outside of that range we let them walk or trade. That's a fact. And NOPE there's is not only "one way" to be the "highest paid". Are we talking TCV, ACV, APY or guaranteed?

Kinda like the Packers, Steelers and Patriots

I know .. too complex. Sorry bruh.

I think you mean too contradictory
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 21, 2022 at 9:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone