Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 369 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yup. Common annual off season trends. Maybe had John brought in OBJ or Miller in-season, that could have pushed us over the Rams instead.

So Ward pushes our roster up there with the top 3 teams in the NFC and 7 expected in the AFC? You feel confident we're right there?

We go as far as Trey takes us. No matter how much talent is on the roster. I want a QB who doesn't need the roster to make up for him.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Yup. Common annual off season trends. Maybe had John brought in OBJ or Miller in-season, that could have pushed us over the Rams instead.

So Ward pushes our roster up there with the top 3 teams in the NFC and 7 expected in the AFC? You feel confident we're right there?

We go as far as Trey takes us. No matter how much talent is on the roster. I want a QB who doesn't need the roster to make up for him.

Sorry, it's still a team game. We've learned top OL''s and classic pocket QB's is the best formula for winning it all to date. Mahomes, Allen, Kaepernick, Jackson, solo Wilson, Burrow, etc. aren't there yet. They couldn't transcend their own team weaknesses. We had to give up 21 points in 5 minutes for Mahomes to get his. Still a team game and in the playoffs, all weaknesses get exposed. That's not to say those talents don't give you a great shot though!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 21, 2022 at 10:08 AM ]
Sorry, it's still a team game. We've learned top OL''s and classic pocket QB's is the best formula for winning it all to date. Mahomes, Allen, Kaepernick, Jackson, solo Wilson, Burrow, etc. aren't there yet. They couldn't transcend their own team weaknesses. We had to give up 21 points in 5 minutes for Mahomes to get his. Still a team game and in the playoffs, all weaknesses get exposed. That's not to say those talents don't give you a great shot though!

It is a team game. But the biggest factor is QB play. Mahomes won the SB because he made the biggest plays in the big moments.

Two big glaring weaknesses are what cost us in the NFC title game. Secondary and QB. Everything else was good enough to win that game. Have addressed the secondary (still need a safety badly IMO) and we will see on the QB.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Don't bother watching next year. NC and GM have let it be known that this team isn't really competing for a SB and are actually in a rebuild …which was news to me lol

Just trying to save you some heartache. It'll still be entertaining either way. They are competitive! Will rarely ever get blown out. Lots of 4Q surprises.

Judging by Jimmy's 4Q performance in the SB snd NFCCG (2 out of last 3 years. Pretty impressive for a team not trying) he got the memo they weren't supposed to compete for the SB as well

It is a team game. But the biggest factor is QB play. Mahomes won the SB because he made the biggest plays in the big moments.

Two big glaring weaknesses are what cost us in the NFC title game. Secondary and QB. Everything else was good enough to win that game. Have addressed the secondary (still need a safety badly IMO) and we will see on the QB.

Sure. But it's still not enough to overcome an accumulation of other teams issues. That's proven.

You also have to factor in degree to which QB's are used in systems. Some ARE the offense. Some are efficiency-centric only.

Let's hope if Trey is still used in an efficiency-centric offense, he's more efficient than Garoppolo and far more clutch (to your other point). Maybe that WILL be enough and if so, your point will become validated.

Here's to that!
Don't bother watching next year. NC and GM have let it be known that this team isn't really competing for a SB and are actually in a rebuild …which was news to me lol

Just trying to save you some heartache. It'll still be entertaining either way. They are competitive! Will rarely ever get blown out. Lots of 4Q surprises.

Judging by Jimmy's 4Q performance in the SB snd NFCCG (2 out of last 3 years. Pretty impressive for a team not trying) he got the memo they weren't supposed to compete for the SB as well

Haha. No team has more heart than this team. Hell, heart is what carried them beyond their talent pool.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 21, 2022 at 10:40 AM ]

Haha. No team has more heart than this team. Hell, heart is what carried them beyond their talent pool.

ha.
but See when you say things about the talent pool, that's where you lose me. They have top shelf talent at the marquee positions along with depth. So not seeing this disparity in talent that you are seeing

ha.
but See when you say things about the talent pool, that's where you lose me. They have top shelf talent at the marquee positions along with depth. So not seeing this disparity in talent that you are seeing
yeah... that is a bad take/opinion/fact
Sure. But it's still not enough to overcome an accumulation of other teams issues. That's proven.

You also have to factor in degree to which QB's are used in systems. Some ARE the offense. Some are efficiency-centric only.

Let's hope if Trey is still used in an efficiency-centric offense, he's more efficient than Garoppolo and far more clutch (to your other point). Maybe that WILL be enough and if so, your point will become validated.

Here's to that!

Whether you are the heart of the offense or not, when plays are there to be made and you consistently miss them that will consistently make things harder. This offense can be far more efficient with the amount of plays that are open then they have been.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If this guy is such a f**king genius with crunching numbers why are we now dead last in salary cap department? Nothing is sure proof even the wiz kid can't keep this up for years N years. f**k his methods time to start taking aggressive approach N get real talent before that small SB window of opportunity closes!!!!

We'll be top 5 in space when they trade or cut Jimmy lol.

Here's to that!

Whether you are the heart of the offense or not, when plays are there to be made and you consistently miss them that will consistently make things harder. This offense can be far more efficient with the amount of plays that are open then they have been.

And you did say this same thing about Burrow IIRC.

ha.

100% agree with the depth. I don't think there is a deeper roster in the NFL and they ALL have experience and lots of real NFL snaps and continuity in the systems.

As to the marquee positions in today's game? That's where I believe we come up short. It's a passing league so the marquee players are top pass protection units, pass centric QB's, wide receivers, receiving TE's, ER and DB's that generate TO's.

We have a marquee run blocking unit, top paid FB, TE, LT, 3T, ER and LB in a run-centric offense, a moderate QB and a TO-adverse secondary. We're adverse to "today's game" but that formula can work too. I think we're a few top shelf players away (plus health).
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 21, 2022 at 12:02 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Yes because it has to be love/hate or hot/cold. I'm only capable of thinking in absolutes. Hoov, I know you're better than this bro. We haven't let it be known nothing. Any criticism of the team must be extremed into these silly oversimplified straw men.

You're welcome to oversimplify my arguments, just not my actions.

But yes if we trade Deebo we are in a low key rebuild. I'm actually glad this is happening now. It means hopefully less f**king up Bosas extension.

You said the other day they were going to let Deebo walk because they are in a rebuild.
and no I'm not better than that
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Yes because it has to be love/hate or hot/cold. I'm only capable of thinking in absolutes. Hoov, I know you're better than this bro. We haven't let it be known nothing. Any criticism of the team must be extremed into these silly oversimplified straw men.

You're welcome to oversimplify my arguments, just not my actions.

But yes if we trade Deebo we are in a low key rebuild. I'm actually glad this is happening now. It means hopefully less f**king up Bosas extension.

You said the other day they were going to let Deebo walk because they are in a rebuild.
and no I'm not better than that

I damn near spit my drink out!
And you did say this same thing about Burrow IIRC.

Yes he missed plays in the SB for sure. But his O line was a far bigger issue then ours was in either the SB or NFC title game. Last play of the game if Donald doesn't get him Chase is wide open as Ramsay fell down.
Share 49ersWebzone