Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 650 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
according to Ward, Paraag will make you earn every dollar, so expect deebo to get a serious contract offer that force deebo to earn every penny once Jimmy G is dumped. That will teach deebo to stop crying and grow up and do your job and earn your pay and prove your worth, no one is trading for you and the 9ers are not considering any useless trade offers that are not in the 9ers best interest.

That last part is super important. Paraag knows with the CBA penalties for holding out, the year Deebo is in with his current contract, the 49ers hold all the cards here. He could start his negotiations at $18-19M and hold. They could NOT honor the trade.

Deebo/agent then either move towards Paraag's number and signs a LT deal or gets financially penalized heavily for holding out on his current contract and loses a year of eligibility to which, once again, SF holds all the cards with him as a restricted FA.

This could get ugly but Paraag will "win the contract" at some point and they'll add a fluff year at the end with annual rip cords to make the APY look bigger. No doubt there will be a bunch of incentives tied to conditioning and usage.

Yup. First moment he dropped his social media I said - he has no leverage. F him. Bag him and tag him and everyone gave me s**t. Lol we could literally hold him 3 more seasons at a bargain compared to extending him.

Ultimate judgment is reserved until the truth comes out, but the truth is he has no leverage.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
according to Ward, Paraag will make you earn every dollar, so expect deebo to get a serious contract offer that force deebo to earn every penny once Jimmy G is dumped. That will teach deebo to stop crying and grow up and do your job and earn your pay and prove your worth, no one is trading for you and the 9ers are not considering any useless trade offers that are not in the 9ers best interest.

That last part is super important. Paraag knows with the CBA penalties for holding out, the year Deebo is in with his current contract, the 49ers hold all the cards here. He could start his negotiations at $18-19M and hold. They could NOT honor the trade.

Deebo/agent then either move towards Paraag's number and signs a LT deal or gets financially penalized heavily for holding out on his current contract and loses a year of eligibility to which, once again, SF holds all the cards with him as a restricted FA.

This could get ugly but Paraag will "win the contract" at some point and they'll add a fluff year at the end with annual rip cords to make the APY look bigger. No doubt there will be a bunch of incentives tied to conditioning and usage.

Yup. First moment he dropped his social media I said - he has no leverage. F him. Bag him and tag him and everyone gave me s**t. Lol we could literally hold him 3 more seasons at a bargain compared to extending him.

Ultimate judgment is reserved until the truth comes out, but the truth is he has no leverage.

And if you think about it objectively from a FO perspective, we're starting a new QB this year. It's unlikely we're going to be a real top contender so if Deebo does decide to hold out a full year, go for it. I hate to have that take but it's reality.
And if you think about it objectively from a FO perspective, we're starting a new QB this year. It's unlikely we're going to be a real top contender so if Deebo does decide to hold out a full year, go for it. I hate to have that take but it's reality.

Deebo wouldn't gain anything by holding out all year. He would be better off playing out his contract.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Deebo wouldn't gain anything by holding out all year. He would be better off playing out his contract.

Yup. I mean if the front office are going to play actual hardball - he's screwed.

Totally!

ONLY real way to earn a big contract. Or sign the deal the 9ers offer once Jimmy G is dumped when 9ers actually have room and money.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Don't bother watching next year. NC and GM have let it be known that this team isn't really competing for a SB and are actually in a rebuild …which was news to me lol

Just trying to save you some heartache. It'll still be entertaining either way. They are competitive! Will rarely ever get blown out. Lots of 4Q surprises.

Judging by Jimmy's 4Q performance in the SB snd NFCCG (2 out of last 3 years. Pretty impressive for a team not trying) he got the memo they weren't supposed to compete for the SB as well

Haha. No team has more heart than this team. Hell, heart is what carried them beyond their talent pool.

ha.
but See when you say things about the talent pool, that's where you lose me. They have top shelf talent at the marquee positions along with depth. So not seeing this disparity in talent that you are seeing

100% agree with the depth. I don't think there is a deeper roster in the NFL and they ALL have experience and lots of real NFL snaps and continuity in the systems.

As to the marquee positions in today's game? That's where I believe we come up short. It's a passing league so the marquee players are top pass protection units, pass centric QB's, wide receivers, receiving TE's, ER and DB's that generate TO's.

We have a marquee run blocking unit, top paid FB, TE, LT, 3T, ER and LB in a run-centric offense, a moderate QB and a TO-adverse secondary. We're adverse to "today's game" but that formula can work too. I think we're a few top shelf players away (plus health).

How you figure? They have the best or one of the best LT, MLB, ER, WR and TE in the game. Those are the marquee positions outside of QB. And stop with the caveat about DBs that generate TO's. It was, and has been, a top unit period. Throwing the TO thing in there is to try and offset their ranking and production.

Ha. LT, for sure esp. when he can make it through 17 games, Warner had a poor year, Bosa is insanely good, Deebo wants out and our TE is oft injured and is massively under utilized in the passing game. Most of this is due to the philosophy they employ (run centric, ball and TOP control, DL rotation). A top unit in yards but can't generate TO's is a big problem come the playoffs and playoff positioning. Right Tartt?

Way to downplay 5 all pros

3 of them certainly played like all pros last year! The issue isn't them (except for Warner who played like ass).

Lol. You must have missed Warners 2nd half of the season.
and please do tell what the issues are if it isn't the 5 all pros ….minus Warner Of course because I guess he's now part of the problem

Oh i didn't. But he didn't play at an all pro level, which was the discussion. He's also a MLB...not exactly a marquee position unless he's incredible against the pass and that's the area he struggled with last year the most.

Great player but he had a down year. He'll bounce back.
Don't bother watching next year. NC and GM have let it be known that this team isn't really competing for a SB and are actually in a rebuild …which was news to me lol

Just trying to save you some heartache. It'll still be entertaining either way. They are competitive! Will rarely ever get blown out. Lots of 4Q surprises.

Judging by Jimmy's 4Q performance in the SB snd NFCCG (2 out of last 3 years. Pretty impressive for a team not trying) he got the memo they weren't supposed to compete for the SB as well

Haha. No team has more heart than this team. Hell, heart is what carried them beyond their talent pool.

ha.
but See when you say things about the talent pool, that's where you lose me. They have top shelf talent at the marquee positions along with depth. So not seeing this disparity in talent that you are seeing

100% agree with the depth. I don't think there is a deeper roster in the NFL and they ALL have experience and lots of real NFL snaps and continuity in the systems.

As to the marquee positions in today's game? That's where I believe we come up short. It's a passing league so the marquee players are top pass protection units, pass centric QB's, wide receivers, receiving TE's, ER and DB's that generate TO's.

We have a marquee run blocking unit, top paid FB, TE, LT, 3T, ER and LB in a run-centric offense, a moderate QB and a TO-adverse secondary. We're adverse to "today's game" but that formula can work too. I think we're a few top shelf players away (plus health).

How you figure? They have the best or one of the best LT, MLB, ER, WR and TE in the game. Those are the marquee positions outside of QB. And stop with the caveat about DBs that generate TO's. It was, and has been, a top unit period. Throwing the TO thing in there is to try and offset their ranking and production.

Ha. LT, for sure esp. when he can make it through 17 games, Warner had a poor year, Bosa is insanely good, Deebo wants out and our TE is oft injured and is massively under utilized in the passing game. Most of this is due to the philosophy they employ (run centric, ball and TOP control, DL rotation). A top unit in yards but can't generate TO's is a big problem come the playoffs and playoff positioning. Right Tartt?

3 of them certainly played like all pros last year! The issue isn't them (except for Warner who played like ass).

and please do tell what the issues are if it isn't the 5 all pros ….minus Warner Of course because I guess he's now part of the problem

Oh i didn't. But he didn't play at an all pro level, which was the discussion. He's also a MLB...not exactly a marquee position unless he's incredible against the pass and that's the area he struggled with last year the most.

lol ridiculous

ha.

I tend to agree with this but he played out of his mind in the playoffs. Kind of made up for the lackluster season he had... well compared to his previous All-pro standard of play.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I tend to agree with this but he played out of his mind in the playoffs. Kind of made up for the lackluster season he had... well compared to his previous All-pro standard of play.

This. Latter part of the season and into the playoffs was back to all pro level.

This. Latter part of the season and into the playoffs was back to all pro level.
He didn't have to worry about the entire middle of the field anymore with Greenlaw back

but supposedly he his ass now
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 22, 2022 at 9:16 AM ]
While I think Paraag is tough with negotiations, this ain't the franchise that is going to flinch with this kind of stance. I figure its all posturing and unless a trade happens in the next few days, Deebo is here. This season, next, etc. Just likely won't get worked out for awhile.

I could go either way. Id rather he be here longterm. I definitely would take a king's ransom in a trade. We either win big or win a little, but the 49ers will win this one. Just wish this were simple. Clearly the 49ers can't have nice things lol.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Love this guy. Best in the business.

Hi Jed
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

He didn't have to worry about the entire middle of the field anymore with Greenlaw back

To quote you. Nobody said this.

lol ridiculous
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

To quote you. Nobody said this.

lol ridiculous

Warner couldn't stop a single running back getting YAC after first contact the entire year. Yeah, this isn't the 2012 D. Warner is soft. This is a problem moving forward.
Share 49ersWebzone