There are 244 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I said there was a video where the agent said they wouldn't even go up to $20M even though he's "worth it." It's literally right in the video. You even hear Deebo saying he wants to go to the table to negotiate which debunks today's report.

My thoughts are Paraag and the agent had initial discussions and was informing Deebo they're at a stand still since Paraag won't even go to $20M...so why would there be a deal offered by Paraag? Why would CAA go to the negotiation table when they can't even get past 1st base?

Will just have to agree to disagree on what you said about the video content, Can tell you outside of GM, we all read what you wrote and were inferring.

I'm a bit confused on what the issue is here. I stated what I remembered from the video, provided the video and it states exactly what I remembered.

Now, with Ward's video, Kittle's agents comments, Barrows, Lombardi, Kruger, this video and 21 years of knowing how Paraag rolls isn't enough evidence for you to believe he used his leverage here to lowball the s**t out of CAA/Deebo on the initial talks, i don't know what to tell you.

What is your theory then? That we don't even want Deebo so we didn't even bother offering him an initial contract?

Nah not really. When you floated it out there the FO lowballed Deebo and people asked for a source, yiu rhen said then there was a video out there of his agent saying they offered a lowball offer of under 20mil. You then found the video, but it contradicted your initial assertion which was they lowballed him. In fact they clearly said no offer was made. Instead of acknowledging this you then doubled down and started spinning things from a different angle. Whatever im done talking about this.
And no I don't think they don't want him. It's clear from that video that no offer was made and he's irritated about it and the agent is using Brown as a point of reference saying "they won't even offer you 20" and now he feels disrespected. That's MY OPINION
Nah not really. When you floated it out there the FO lowballed Deebo and people asked for a source, yiu rhen said then there was a video out there of his agent saying they offered a lowball offer of under 20mil. You then found the video, but it contradicted your initial assertion which was they lowballed him. In fact they clearly said no offer was made. Instead of acknowledging this you then doubled down and started spinning things from a different angle. Whatever im done talking about this.
And no I don't think they don't want him. It's clear from that video that no offer was made and he's irritated about it and the agent is using Brown as a point of reference saying "they won't even offer you 20" and now he feels disrespected. That's MY OPINION

Sounds exactly like what I said.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Judging from the actual data available Deebo got butt hurt he didn't get an offer yet. Simple as that. Think the FO was focused on moving Jimmy and would tackle Deebo after the draft. Apparently he didn't like that.

That could very well be it too. I could certainly buy that too.

Although, if that was the case, it's going to take even longer to get a trade.

What's fascinating to me is that there are 3 WR's all expected to get paid a similar amount all represented by CAA. So who goes first? Ya kind of want to be last here.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 22, 2022 at 6:00 PM ]

What's fascinating to me is that there are 3 WR's all expected to get paid a similar amount all represented by CAA. So who goes first? Ya kind of want to be last here.

Also DK with trade rumors
oh and I've told you why I still think they are contenders. You in turn downplayed all the all pro players I presented and just glossed over everything 🤣

This part is cool. I think they'll be playoff contenders. My point was what about THIS off reason makes you feel they'll be a Superbowl contender after the moves the top 3 NFC teams made and win it against the top AFC team from a stacked conference that went ape s**t competing this off season to 1-up each other?

And I've told you what I like about THIS offseason as well. Loved the Ward, Turay, McCloudand Hyder signings . Addressed 2 huge areas of need with secondary and and ST's. Adding in 2 ERs that can/have flourished in this system gives them even more flexibility in the draft. Yeah it sucks to lose LT (well not for you , I know you think he stinks and was a liability) and DJ, but that's why you invest high picks into guys like Kinlaw and Banks….and now it's time for them to step up like most of the guys do on this team. So not only did they keep their all pro nucleus of key positions in tact (well hopefully they do with Deebo), they also continued to add to the great depth you love so much. But again a lot of this will hinge on Treys development. I mean I get it, they didn't go crazy and sign all the big names in FA so I guess it means an inactive offseason

That's cool. But you think that's enough to make up for the talent gap last year (where we didn't make it) and the gains of the competition?

No objective person would say we're a better team today but you think we're a Superbowl contender? I mean, that's totally cool if you think so; I'm just trying to follow the logic on how you got there.

Did I say that? I said the high picks they invested last year will need to step in and do what we're drafted to do. It's called letting it play out and I clearly said losing LT and DJ was tough, I laid out above why I think what I think. You are having a hard time following because you think everyone should follow your doom and gloom approach because the FO didn't follow some blueprint that you wanted them to follow. It's funny you say keeping up with the competition, because every team in the NFCW, and the NFC fir that matter, has hemorrhaged big time talent. And if you want to really break it down. The AFCW is the only glut of teams that really went all in.

Gotcha. You are hoping non contributors step up in a big way this year and that includes Trey.

Yeah, our competition isn't super high in the NFC...Packers, Bucs, Rams, Dallas and ?

That's what made it an even more frustrating off season given how just a few more parts and we could leap frog those teams.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2022 at 10:03 AM ]

Also DK with trade rumors

True true! Damn. What a hot mess. Gotta wait for that first domino to fall, I guess. This could get even uglier.

Hey, at least we're not talking Jimmy Garoppolo!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 22, 2022 at 6:07 PM ]
Well, everyone's time comes to an end. Paragraph had a good run.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Hoov gaslights like a politician. The language is just uncanny smooth. After you directly requote your previous post, he says "outside you and GM we all read" lol. Gaslighting 101 is having you question your own sanity when there's literal proof of what was said - demands proof from you while making unproven claims. Lol.

But that's my bro tho.

What was said in the video is Deebo never got an offer. That's it. Everything else is about AJ Brown and the Titans not wanting to pay him.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 23, 2022 at 1:47 PM ]
Hoov gaslights like a politician. The language is just uncanny smooth. After you directly requote your previous post, he says "outside you and GM we all read" lol. Gaslighting 101 is having you question your own sanity when there's literal proof of what was said - demands proof from you while making unproven claims. Lol.

But that's my bro tho.

What was said in the video is Deebo never got an offer. That's it. Everything else is about AJ Brown and the Titans not wanting to pay him.

That's fine if you believe that (and it's not his agent he's talking too). But if Hoov wants links, he also needs to accept the opposite media reports with the same vigor...Barrows, Kawakami, Lombardi, Kruger, Peacock, Crocker, Maiocco, JLC, etc. ALL believe this is about money and that his RB role was used against him in the initial lowball talks.

And again, there's never going to be "an offer" until the initial talks get within the ballpark of each parties desires.

Right?
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2022 at 3:42 PM ]

But that's my bro tho.

I guess we need to preference each opinion with some legalese stating the opinions within NinerTalk are not necessarily representative of those views of the WebZone. Make sure you leave all of your references!

Hoov's a good dude. He's just ultra protective and likes unicorns and rainbows a bit much. Good balance here.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2022 at 3:00 PM ]

That's fine if you believe that (and it's not his agent he's talking too). But if Hoov wants links, he also needs to accept the opposite media reports with the same vigor...Barrows, Kawakami, Lombardi, Kruger, Peacock, Crocker, etc. ALL believe this is about money and that his RB role was used against him in the initial lowball talks.

And again, there's never going to be "an offer" until the initial talks get within the ballpark of each parties desires.

Right?

https://www.outkick.com/instagram-live-video-reveals-details-about-deebo-samuel-aj-brown-contract-talks/

Its not his agent.

If all those beatwriters are correct why is Deebo not just saying that? Why didn't he tell AJ 9ers are lowballing me like Titans are with you?

If this was all just because of a lowball offer I think Deebo would be more than happy to say so. There are other things afoot.

I will go by Deebos words until we here differently from parties involved.
That's fine if you believe that (and it's not his agent he's talking too). But if Hoov wants links, he also needs to accept the opposite media reports with the same vigor...Barrows, Kawakami, Lombardi, Kruger, Peacock, Crocker, etc. ALL believe this is about money and that his RB role was used against him in the initial lowball talks.

Right?

https://www.outkick.com/instagram-live-video-reveals-details-about-deebo-samuel-aj-brown-contract-talks/

Its not his agent.

If all those beatwriters are correct why is Deebo not just saying that? Why didn't he tell AJ 9ers are lowballing me like Titans are with you?

If this was all just because of a lowball offer I think Deebo would be more than happy to say so. There are other things afoot.

I will go by Deebos words until we here differently from parties involved.

Thanks!

Deebo isn't lying in the video. There would be no offer if Paraag came in at $18M and he/CAA want $25M in initial talks. Same concept with Brown if his FO isn't even going to $20M.

And you hear clearly in the same video Deebo saying he wants to go to the (negotiation) table.

So to me, that sounds like he's at least open to talking. But if Paraag isn't budging off the initial talks or isn't talking at all right now (because of all the leverage he has here), I could see Deebo just getting done with it and flipping the script...scrubs SM, makes it public he wants a trade and don't even bother making me an offer. He's out.
Thanks!

Deebo isn't lying in the video. There would be no offer if Paraag came in at $18M and he/CAA want $25M in initial talks. Same concept with Brown if his FO isn't even going to $20M.

And you hear clearly in the same video Deebo saying he wants to go to the (negotiation) table.

So to me, that sounds like he's at least open to talking. But if Paraag isn't budging off the initial talks or isn't talking at all right now (because of all the leverage he has here), I could see Deebo just getting done with it and flipping the script...scrubs SM, makes it public he wants a trade and don't even bother making me an offer. He's out.

But the reports are the 9ers haven't made one. Tennessee has made one. It's not equivalent.

What it really sounds like is the 9ers were focused on getting the Jimmy stuff sorted out and we're making Deebo wait and he didn't like it and now he feels disrespected. I take no offer to mean no offer.
Thanks!

But the reports are the 9ers haven't made one. Tennessee has made one. It's not equivalent.

What it really sounds like is the 9ers were focused on getting the Jimmy stuff sorted out and we're making Deebo wait and he didn't like it and now he feels disrespected. I take no offer to mean no offer.

Tennessee is stupid then. Why "make an offer" you know is going to just get thrown in the garbage? Look how offended Brown got...crying to Deebo about it.

I mean, if Paraag did one for $19M, it would have the exact same reaction. It would be an insult to Deebo, he'd be pissed, the agent would laugh, etc. It would be counterproductive and would be a waste of time for everyone.

I hear you about the Garoppolo situation but there's nothing there for Paraag to do. Paraag also has a huge department that can help with initial talks, drafting an initial contract and setting up a meeting...which isn't exactly a challenge here this time of the year.

You also dismissed the part where Deebo said he wanted to go to the table. That's absolutely counter to everything reported by a few other prominent national media folks (e.g. IR, AS).

Although RIGHT NOW it sounds like that desire might be over.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2022 at 3:43 PM ]
Tennessee is stupid then. Why "make an offer" you know is going to just get thrown in the garbage? Look how offended Brown got...crying to Deebo about it.

I mean, if Paraag did one for $19M, it would have the exact same reaction. It would be an insult to Deebo, he'd be pissed, the agent would laugh, etc. It would be counterproductive and would be a waste of time for everyone.

I hear you about the Garoppolo situation but there's nothing there for Paraag to do. Paraag also has a huge department that can help with initial talks, drafting an initial contract and setting up a meeting...which isn't exactly a challenge here this time of the year.

You also dismissed the part where Deebo said he wanted to go to the table. That's absolutely counter to everything reported by a few other prominent national media folks (e.g. IR, AS).

Although RIGHT NOW it sounds like that desire might be over.

I don't hear any part about wanting to go to table in that video so don't know what you are referring to.

I don't see it as that disrespectful to not start negotiating with guys under contract until after is draft is over. If that is why he's mad it's pretty petty to me. My guess is there's more to it.

9ers shouldn't have any problem paying Deebo or AJ money. If Deebo won't stay get AJ.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 23, 2022 at 4:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone