Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Hoov gaslights like a politician. The language is just uncanny smooth. After you directly requote your previous post, he says "outside you and GM we all read" lol. Gaslighting 101 is having you question your own sanity when there's literal proof of what was said - demands proof from you while making unproven claims. Lol.

But that's my bro tho.

I guess we need to preference each opinion with some legalese stating the opinions within NinerTalk are not necessarily representative of those views of the WebZone. Make sure you leave all of your references!

Hoov's a good dude. He's just ultra protective and likes unicorns and rainbows a bit much. Good balance here.
Me not incessantly whining/bashing the FO, thinking I'm somehow privy to information others aren't or buying into unsubstantiated conspiracy theories doesn't equate to me being a homer lol. When you look up a rainbows and unicorns homer in the dictionary there is a picture of you from the Baalke years 🤣

Haha. For sure! I was genus before genus.

Some of us learn from our experiences and grow. I certainly learned going from the rainbows and unicorns route with the hopes it would turn out like that was a futile exercise in rose colored homerism.

Hence why I warned ya'll to pay close attention to the what happens to the next regime. And here we are!

Paraag runs this b***h! Confirmed.

PS: Baalke was still a train wreck and cancer and I am proud how Lynch helped turn that image around. No easy PR task.

Where exactly are we? An NFCCG and SB appearance 2 out of 3 years?

We're in the Paraag thread.

No I'm serious. Where are we? The way you describe it this is one of the most inept, poorly run franchises around and if you don't agree with that you are a clueless Homer.

We're a fiscally-centric organization yesterday, today and tomorrow; so much so that we'll remain competitive annually with a quality HC and GM but will never be in position to have enough horses to win #6.

Except it wasn't a lack of horsepower that cost us against the Rams or Chiefs, it was a combination of execution, play calling and inconsistent officiating.

NC is being a bit extreme here, but we are definitely not one of the agressive teams in the NFL. Trading for Eman mid season doesn't really make you the Rams, Chiefs, Bucs...

I do want to see more aggressive pursuits from this FO going forward, even if it might not pan out. Because when it does, you win SBs.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 24, 2022 at 11:36 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by evil:
Hoov gaslights like a politician. The language is just uncanny smooth. After you directly requote your previous post, he says "outside you and GM we all read" lol. Gaslighting 101 is having you question your own sanity when there's literal proof of what was said - demands proof from you while making unproven claims. Lol.

But that's my bro tho.

I guess we need to preference each opinion with some legalese stating the opinions within NinerTalk are not necessarily representative of those views of the WebZone. Make sure you leave all of your references!

Hoov's a good dude. He's just ultra protective and likes unicorns and rainbows a bit much. Good balance here.
Me not incessantly whining/bashing the FO, thinking I'm somehow privy to information others aren't or buying into unsubstantiated conspiracy theories doesn't equate to me being a homer lol. When you look up a rainbows and unicorns homer in the dictionary there is a picture of you from the Baalke years 🤣

Some of us learn from our experiences and grow. I certainly learned going from the rainbows and unicorns route with the hopes it would turn out like that was a futile exercise in rose colored homerism.

Hence why I warned ya'll to pay close attention to the what happens to the next regime. And here we are!

PS: Baalke was still a train wreck and cancer and I am proud how Lynch helped turn that image around. No easy PR task.

No I'm serious. Where are we? The way you describe it this is one of the most inept, poorly run franchises around and if you don't agree with that you are a clueless Homer.

We're a fiscally-centric organization yesterday, today and tomorrow; so much so that we'll remain competitive annually with a quality HC and GM but will never be in position to have enough horses to win #6.

Except it wasn't a lack of horsepower that cost us against the Rams or Chiefs, it was a combination of execution, play calling and inconsistent officiating.

NC is being a bit extreme here, but we are definitely not one of the agressive teams in the NFL. Trading for Eman mid season doesn't really make you the Rams, Chiefs, Bucs...

I do want to see more aggressive pursuits from this FO going forward, even if it might not pan out. Because when it does, you win SBs.

No risk no reward.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

But that's my bro tho.

No risk no reward.

I believe a lot of it will come down to Lance. If he's the guy and can be an elite talent, FO will have more confidence in pulling the trigger on a big trade or FA signing.

It definitely helps the GM sleep easier at night knowing that the team will still be good even if he messes up. When you have a great QB, that can help your team overcome mistakes / holes on your team.
I believe a lot of it will come down to Lance. If he's the guy and can be an elite talent, FO will have more confidence in pulling the trigger on a big trade or FA signing.

It definitely helps the GM sleep easier at night knowing that the team will still be good even if he messes up. When you have a great QB, that can help your team overcome mistakes / holes on your team.

No doubt about it. Think that will morph into Kyle's play calling too. He was clearly gun shy with Jimmy at helm.

Except we were in position twice. Lacked the lead horse.
No risk no reward.

Trey Lance is a pretty big risk with lots of reward potentially attached.

I know it's disappointing for some that it was traded for Trey Lance instead of Brandon Scherff but here we are.

But that's my bro tho.

No risk no reward.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I know it's disappointing for some that it was traded for Trey Lance instead of Brandon Scherff but here we are.

Yup. A franchise qb is what you are supposed to swing the fences for. He could be amazing or a bust. But I applaud them for trying.

Many of their other first round picks leave me wanting lol

Except we were in position twice. Lacked the lead horse.
I agree, but some are so blind to your words it's ridiculous
No risk no reward.

Yup, didn't have the secondary, QB, ER, pass protection, etc. when it mattered most.

But that's my bro tho.

We're a fiscally-centric organization yesterday, today and tomorrow so much so that we'll remain competitive annually with a quality HC and GM but will never be in position to have enough horses to win it all in today's game.

Paragg Marathe hired in 2001
Superbowls won = 0

So a lack of playmakers. Agreed.
Yup, didn't have the secondary, QB, ER, pass protection, etc. when it mattered most.

One of those things outshone the others tho secondary was close.
So a lack of playmakers. Agreed.

One in particular yes. The constant missing link of the Paraag years since 2002.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 24, 2022 at 5:07 PM ]

Agreed. We're not talking extremes here...just a few more moves. We're already on the fringe.

One of those things outshone the others tho secondary was close.

I agree. The one deep low percentage bomb to a player picked up mid season > 21 points given up by the defense in 5 minutes.
Share 49ersWebzone