There are 255 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
I agree. The one deep low percentage bomb to a player picked up mid season > 21 points given up by the defense in 5 minutes.

How many teams have been to 5 title games and 2 sbs in the last 11 seasons without a top 10 QB?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I agree. The one deep low percentage bomb to a player picked up mid season > 21 points given up by the defense in 5 minutes.

How many teams have been to 5 title games and 2 sbs in the last 11 seasons without a top 10 QB?

When are they considered "top 10" QB's? What IS a top 10 QB? I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson wasn't a top 10 QB when he was ordering pizza behind his HOF defense and HAS been a top 10 QB since then who's done nothing since that win.

Still a team game...
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 24, 2022 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by evil:
Except it wasn't a lack of horsepower that cost us against the Rams or Chiefs, it was a combination of execution, play calling and inconsistent officiating.

So a lack of playmakers. Agreed.

No that's not what he said. Nice try
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Hoov gaslights like a politician. The language is just uncanny smooth. After you directly requote your previous post, he says "outside you and GM we all read" lol. Gaslighting 101 is having you question your own sanity when there's literal proof of what was said - demands proof from you while making unproven claims. Lol.

But that's my bro tho.

I guess we need to preference each opinion with some legalese stating the opinions within NinerTalk are not necessarily representative of those views of the WebZone. Make sure you leave all of your references!

Hoov's a good dude. He's just ultra protective and likes unicorns and rainbows a bit much. Good balance here.
Me not incessantly whining/bashing the FO, thinking I'm somehow privy to information others aren't or buying into unsubstantiated conspiracy theories doesn't equate to me being a homer lol. When you look up a rainbows and unicorns homer in the dictionary there is a picture of you from the Baalke years 🤣

Haha. For sure! I was genus before genus.

Some of us learn from our experiences and grow. I certainly learned going from the rainbows and unicorns route with the hopes it would turn out like that was a futile exercise in rose colored homerism.

Hence why I warned ya'll to pay close attention to the what happens to the next regime. And here we are!

Paraag runs this b***h! Confirmed.

PS: Baalke was still a train wreck and cancer and I am proud how Lynch helped turn that image around. No easy PR task.

Where exactly are we? An NFCCG and SB appearance 2 out of 3 years?

We're in the Paraag thread.

No I'm serious. Where are we? The way you describe it this is one of the most inept, poorly run franchises around and if you don't agree with that you are a clueless Homer.

We're a fiscally-centric organization yesterday, today and tomorrow so much so that we'll remain competitive annually with a quality HC and GM but will never be in position to have enough horses to win it all in today's game.

Paragg Marathe hired in 2001
Superbowls won = 0

Now there is some rock solid evidence
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Hoov gaslights like a politician. The language is just uncanny smooth. After you directly requote your previous post, he says "outside you and GM we all read" lol. Gaslighting 101 is having you question your own sanity when there's literal proof of what was said - demands proof from you while making unproven claims. Lol.

But that's my bro tho.

I guess we need to preference each opinion with some legalese stating the opinions within NinerTalk are not necessarily representative of those views of the WebZone. Make sure you leave all of your references!

Hoov's a good dude. He's just ultra protective and likes unicorns and rainbows a bit much. Good balance here.
Me not incessantly whining/bashing the FO, thinking I'm somehow privy to information others aren't or buying into unsubstantiated conspiracy theories doesn't equate to me being a homer lol. When you look up a rainbows and unicorns homer in the dictionary there is a picture of you from the Baalke years 🤣

Haha. For sure! I was genus before genus.

Some of us learn from our experiences and grow. I certainly learned going from the rainbows and unicorns route with the hopes it would turn out like that was a futile exercise in rose colored homerism.

Hence why I warned ya'll to pay close attention to the what happens to the next regime. And here we are!

Paraag runs this b***h! Confirmed.

PS: Baalke was still a train wreck and cancer and I am proud how Lynch helped turn that image around. No easy PR task.

Where exactly are we? An NFCCG and SB appearance 2 out of 3 years?

We're in the Paraag thread.

No I'm serious. Where are we? The way you describe it this is one of the most inept, poorly run franchises around and if you don't agree with that you are a clueless Homer.

We're a fiscally-centric organization yesterday, today and tomorrow so much so that we'll remain competitive annually with a quality HC and GM but will never be in position to have enough horses to win it all in today's game.

Paragg Marathe hired in 2001
Superbowls won = 0

Now there is some rock solid evidence

😄

Dems da facts.
Except it wasn't a lack of horsepower that cost us against the Rams or Chiefs, it was a combination of execution, play calling and inconsistent officiating.

No that's not what he said. Nice try

Playmakers execute, including play callers and as for officiating, I'm never debating that one. LOL
When are they considered "top 10" QB's? What IS a top 10 QB? I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson wasn't a top 10 QB when he was ordering pizza behind his HOF defense and HAS been a top 10 QB since then who's done nothing since that win.

Still a team game...

2013 Russ > Jimmy Garoppolo or Alex Smith. 2012 Kap can be argued as he was real good. That instance defense (and coaching) let team down.

I'm no Russ fan but 2013 Russ wins us Sbs in 2011 and 2019 for sure.

Not at all what I said and you know that, yet still decided to twist my words.
Yup, didn't have the secondary, QB, ER, pass protection, etc. when it mattered most.

One of those things outshone the others tho secondary was close.

Yeah that was actually the least egregious thing he did that 4th. Give me a break

The teams that win Superbowls usually have a #1 Pro Bowl receiver on them with top 5 stat criteria. LOL case in point being when Joe Flacco was an overachiever with Torrey Smith, cause that's how the NFL is. Even in Brady's worst dynasty year (the one where they beat ATL in the Superbowl) Edelman was carrying that entire offense practically.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

The teams that win Superbowls usually have a #1 Pro Bowl receiver on them with top 5 stat criteria. LOL case in point being when Joe Flacco was an overachiever with Torrey Smith, cause that's how the NFL is. Even in Brady's worst dynasty year (the one where they beat ATL in the Superbowl) Edelman was carrying that entire offense practically.

#TeamGame

Not at all what I said and you know that, yet still decided to twist my words.

So the playmakers lacked horsepower?

Or maybe, we just didn't have enough talent no matter the reason.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 25, 2022 at 3:57 AM ]

Still a team game...

2013 Russ > Jimmy Garoppolo or Alex Smith. 2012 Kap can be argued as he was real good. That instance defense (and coaching) let team down.

I'm no Russ fan but 2013 Russ wins us Sbs in 2011 and 2019 for sure.

OK, so what about all the top 10 QB's like him who don't win anything. Even last year.

The FO did the right thing swinging for the fences with Trey and the hope is he can consistently play within that top 10 range (whatever that is) and specifically during the playoffs, 4Q and in the clutch.

But it'll still be up to the rest of the team to play their part and as we've seen, when one part isn't playing well, like pass protection, it doesn't matter what you arbitrary rank a QB ATM.

I agree with your QB-centric takes but only within the confines of a team sport. We probably only disagree in the weight you give the position. QB's can't transcend team issues.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 25, 2022 at 6:22 AM ]
OK, so what about all the top 10 QB's like him who don't win anything. Even last year.

The FO did the right thing swinging for the fences with Trey and the hope is he can consistently play within that top 10 range (whatever that is) and specifically during the playoffs, 4Q and in the clutch.

But it'll still be up to the rest of the team to play their part and as we've seen, when one part isn't playing well, like pass protection, it doesn't matter what you arbitrary rank a QB ATM.

I agree with your QB-centric takes but only within the confines of a team sport. We probably only disagree in the weight you give the position. QB's can't transcend team issues.

You argue a strawman that no disagrees with. If Pass protection is so bad like with the Chiefs in the SB no a QB can't transcend issues. You do need the roster around you. Totally agreed.

Heres the thing though, the Cowboys O line can't transcend average QB play either. QB has to make the plays that are there. QB has the biggest effect on the efficiency of an offense. So if you are talking about why a team hasn't won a SB in 2 decades that is the first thing to look at.

To put it simply, great QB play can transcend more issues than the rest of the team can transcend not having great qb play. You need all time rosters to transcend mediocre qb play. That isn't realistic.

Lebron James couldn't transcend the bad Lakers this year. But he has transcended teams with lesser talents to push them farther. To say you don't really need a Lebron James, just 5 very good starters is missing the big picture.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 25, 2022 at 8:20 AM ]

You argue a strawman that no disagrees with. If Pass protection is so bad like with the Chiefs in the SB no a QB can't transcend issues. You do need the roster around you. Totally agreed.

Heres the thing though, the Cowboys O line can't transcend average QB play either. QB has to make the plays that are there. QB has the biggest effect on the efficiency of an offense. So if you are talking about why a team hasn't won a SB in 2 decades that is the first thing to look at.

To put it simply, great QB play can transcend more issues than the rest of the team can transcend not having great qb play. You need all time rosters to transcend mediocre qb play. That isn't realistic.

Lebron James couldn't transcend the bad Lakers this year. But he has transcended teams with lesser talents to push them farther. To say you don't really need a Lebron James, just 5 very good starters is missing the big picture.
it doesn't matter.. we can have 53 all pros and stil complain we don't have enoigh or some make believe excuse to complain about lol
Share 49ersWebzone