There are 225 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
So nobody was concerned about Lynch saying they planned well in advance to cut back on cash spend this year?

This offseason? I believe that's what he was talking about. If so, ya, I was also on board with that.

Chances of us winning a SB with a first year starter are very f**king low. Next year? Especially with the roll over cap from Jimmy, cap going up about 30 mil, we better be spending, especially if Trey looks legit this year. We better go all in the next year.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
This offseason? I believe that's what he was talking about. If so, ya, I was also on board with that.

Chances of us winning a SB with a first year starter are very f**king low. Next year? Especially with the roll over cap from Jimmy, cap going up about 30 mil, we better be spending, especially if Trey looks legit this year. We better go all in the next year.

I think the comment probably has more to do with knowing they need to pay Deebo and Bosa so cash had to be kept for them. Also aren't gonna say it, but they are surprised there wasnt someone offering anything for Jimmy. Not on board with any strategy that includes holding onto him to the season to get more return. It's either get a deal now for this draft or cut him in July.
I'm not really a big Paraag fan, but I do think he's decent, sometimes bad, sometimes good...

but if we trade Deebo and later it becomes fact that money was the issue, it's gonna be hard for me to believe that this FO can put together a WINNING SB team, and Paraag will definitely be one of the main reasons bc of money ball and/or team friendly contracts

I'll be hoping on that NC bandwagon

Join me friend. It's a smooth ride of consistency over here.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
So nobody was concerned about Lynch saying they planned well in advance to cut back on cash spend this year?

Don't really want to go through a 2hr presser. Do you know at what min it was so I can just fast fwd please?

Haha. Sorry bud. No time stamp.

I was more taken aback by the well-in-advance part. Like years out this was the plan?

As a fan base being so close last year and "thinking" Garoppolo was gone and Deebo and Bosa already budgeted for, I thought they'd do everything they could to add talent so that Trey could hit the ground running.

So like Gore said, it sounds like this was calculated. Planned. And maybe because of the low odds. And perhaps they want to see how he does this year. If they feel he's the chosen one, maybe they become more aggressive next year? Maaaaaaybe.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 26, 2022 at 5:39 PM ]
I'm not really a big Paraag fan, but I do think he's decent, sometimes bad, sometimes good...

but if we trade Deebo and later it becomes fact that money was the issue, it's gonna be hard for me to believe that this FO can put together a WINNING SB team, and Paraag will definitely be one of the main reasons bc of money ball and/or team friendly contracts

I'll be hoping on that NC bandwagon

Join me friend. It's a smooth ride of consistency over here.

Don't really want to go through a 2hr presser. Do you know at what min it was so I can just fast fwd please?

I was more taken aback by the well-in-advance part. Like years out this was the plan?

As a fan base being so close last year and "thinking" Garoppolo was gone and Deebo and Bosa already budgeted for, I thought they'd do everything they could to add talent so that Trey could hit the ground running.

So like Gore said, it sounds like this was calculated. Planned. And maybe because of the low odds. And perhaps they want to see how he does this year. If they feel he's the chosen one, maybe they become more aggressive next year? Maaaaaaybe.

he said they had money earmarked for the big extensions and for a big ticket CB. Seems pretty in line with most of their offseason's

he said they had money earmarked for the big extensions and for a big ticket CB. Seems pretty in line with most of their offseason's
What's he supposed to say !! - NC
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Haha. That's not what I meant put that made me laugh.

just joking..but i'm pretty close right ..hmm hmm hmm

just joking..but i'm pretty close right ..hmm hmm hmm

Haha. Absolutely.

This guy…..is doing a good job
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
This guy…..is doing a good job

No more salary cap hell thanks to him.
If he extends Aiyuk, its going to be a minor miracle. I know AB said it was possible, but I can see Aiyuk wanting to test the market.
Not cheap.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If he extends Aiyuk, its going to be a minor miracle. I know AB said it was possible, but I can see Aiyuk wanting to test the market.

Agree, Aiyuk being paid next year is going to be a problem. A lot of bottom feeding teams will go after him. Oh well, that's the life of an NFL perennial playoff team. 6 conference games and two super bowl appearances since Harbaugh.
Share 49ersWebzone