There are 165 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Holmgren-Rodgers never woulda worked.....Holmgren won a title with another team Again.....WHAT IN THE HOLY f**k is wrong with the FO.

Getting high on their own supply. Marathe convinced both Yorks that he has the secret sauce to beat out all those neanderthal meathead football types who are on the verge of extinction.

I'm still amazed that the FO listened to this guy concerning the draft over Bill Walsh and McVay. Nothing like a guy that knows nothing about the sport telling the greatest mind in the sports history what's up.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I don't get how anyone can still doubt that if Marathe isn't directly responsible for the dysfunction in the front office, that he has a major starring role in it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface031910
This time, a source close to McCloughan said, the general manager "was blindsided" on Wednesday when York called him into a meeting with other high-ranking team officials and told him his services were no longer wanted. There's a suspicion among those in the McCloughan camp – and other sources familiar with the team's front-office politics – that Paraag Marathe, the Niners' vice president of football operations, pushed for the move as an attempt to gain more power. Marathe, a Cal grad who earned his MBA from Stanford, is known for his "Moneyball" style philosophy of player evaluation, favoring empirical analysis over the more intuitive and subjective elements of scouting. He's also close with Jed York and is regarded as the team president's No. 1 confidante in the organization.

Given the high regard for McCloughan around the NFL – "He's highly respected as a [talent evaluator], and known as a good, solid guy," one longtime front-office executive for an AFC team said Friday – and the skepticism surrounding Marathe's perceived lack of football knowledge, this is not regarded as a positive development for the organization.

Yorks are so sleazy. I hate them.

The Yorks seem more stupid than anything else, because it looks like that it's Paraag that's really running the show. Probably the reason the media isn't bringing it any attention is because he's their number one info source.
I'm still amazed that the FO listened to this guy concerning the draft over Bill Walsh and McVay. Nothing like a guy that knows nothing about the sport telling the greatest mind in the sports history what's up.

The Yorks aren't football people, John York sounds like he'd be impressed by a bunch of fancy graphs and charts, a combination of random statistics and data analysis that purports to show connections that just aren't there. As mentioned in one of the articles posted, they had no interest in guys operating on gut feeling and instinct, they wanted to be able to quantify everything and Marathe offered them just that.

Bill and John were old school "ham and egger" type football guys, they trusted what their own gut was telling them more than Marathe's computer analysis, so its not shocking that management sided with Marathe and allowed him to overrule them on draft trades.
Edit
[ Edited by 49erfoeva on Nov 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM ]

The Yorks aren't football people, John York sounds like he'd be impressed by a bunch of fancy graphs and charts, a combination of random statistics and data analysis that purports to show connections that just aren't there. As mentioned in one of the articles posted, they had no interest in guys operating on gut feeling and instinct, they wanted to be able to quantify everything and Marathe offered them just that.

Bill and John were old school "ham and egger" type football guys, they trusted what their own gut was telling them more than Marathe's computer analysis, so its not shocking that management sided with Marathe and allowed him to overrule them on draft trades.

Someone needed to make a graph showing that Bill Walsh is pretty much the god father of the modern game. Being that York doesn't know football I'm sure he doesn't know the fine details of the brilliance that was BW. Basically, BW was many times better at his craft than any of the guys going against him.

Nothing but a s**t show....it's all so depressing.

Prime is right! I miss coach!! Just a shame!

LOL, I guess not shocking if you are thinking about the Yorks. I think 99% of casual fans would listen to Bill mother f'in WALSH!

Good posts Phoenix and everyone else uncovering this Maraathe stuff even further. It does seem to be the case that he's got Jed's ear and is a big reason for all the problems. Man, we coulda had Gideon/Jim instead :(
Someone needed to make a graph showing that Bill Walsh is pretty much the god father of the modern game. Being that York doesn't know football I'm sure he doesn't know the fine details of the brilliance that was BW. Basically, BW was many times better at his craft than any of the guys going against him.

Nothing but a s**t show....it's all so depressing.

Bill Walsh was a legend in his field but his Excel and Adobe skills weren't up to par, so they chose to back Marathe.

I've been blaming Jed for his immaturity and lack of gravitas, but it's a combination of John, Jed and Paraag...since John in backing both his son and Paraag to control the team completely. As I've said before, there are no football people in any significant power positions.
Unless Job walked in on Paraag having sex with his wife, Paraag will be 9ers' president. Accept it fans, NO WAY the Yorks will get rid of Paraag.

Second thought, even if Jed walked in on Paraag screwing his wife, he might just quietly leave. Paraag is here to stay.

Should start a petition to get Maraag out instead of York.
Bill Walsh was a legend in his field but his Excel and Adobe skills weren't up to par, so they chose to back Marathe.

I agree, senile old fogie couldnt keep up with the times, good riddance
Originally posted by znk916:

I agree, senile old fogie couldnt keep up with the times, good riddance

What would he of known anyway, it's not like the entire league uses his guiding principles in some form or fashion.....oh, wait.....that's right, they do. Gotta listen to the Bain guy, he's gonna reinvent the sport.

Hey, since the moneyball movie left out important stuff like having Hudson, Mulder and Zito as reasons to the 2002 A's success, we can just leave out the fact that we never won without Harbs in the Paag movie.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
f**king indian people always ruining s**t

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Paarag's RupeeBall was a failure.

Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by DrJawbreaker:
thank you midrdan for these posts.

All it takes is a willingness to avoid actual work in favor of Google researching Paraag Marathe articles from 10 years ago.

Great stuff indeed, thanks for posting it.
Share 49ersWebzone