LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 194 users in the forums

Favorite 49er offensive lineman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Harris Barton was my favorite Offensive Lineman. A solid technician he was never dominated by any DE.

Steve Wallace was pretty solid at LT as well.
There where so many good ones....

Jesse Sapolu, Harris Barton, Randy Cross, Steve Wallace, Guy McIntyre, even later on with Newberry, Stone, Desse, Ray Brown... plenty more

Edit: you guys mentioned Bubba Parrish, Kevin Gogan (only 2 years though), Bart Oates (couple years for us)

We haven't had many recently :(

I probably couldn't pick a favorite (always could remember Wallace with the shell on his helmet as a young kid though)
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM ]
Bubba Parris or Kevin Gogan
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Current: Joe Staley
All-Time: Derrick Deese and Jeremy Newberry

this
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:

Harris Barton

Second that.
In no particular order...

Steve Wallace
Ray Brown
Jesse Sappolu
Harris Barton
Randy Cross
Jeremy Newberry
Barry Sims...

Oh screw it there are so many names that I'm just gonna say that if they played at a solid level, they are all my favorites. Yes Larry Allen too.

There are too many over the last 32 years to keep up with and list them all here. Wallace has to be near the top cause of his helmet protector. Reminded me of that kid from Little Giants that went everywhere wearing a crash helmet.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ToddShaw:
I wish that Jeremy Newberry didn't get hurt so much. He would have been good for a long time.

Actually Newberry didn't get hurt alot. He just had degenrative knee cartilage. Before he finally left us he had zero left in his knees. Had to have special reconstructive surgery before he went to the Raiders.

~Ceadder
It has to be this guy. No one else has provided us with more excitement.

LINK
  • titan
  • Veteran
Sapolu and Barton!

David Carr
Originally posted by bigmike55:
David Carr

Alex Smith
Kevin Gogan. We need more "Rip your head off" guys on our line

My favorite offensive linemen was Derrick "Double Decker" Deese. He had a sick a$$ helmet and i loved his toughness
Share 49ersWebzone