There are 334 users in the forums

Old Logo or New Logo

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Old Logo or New Logo

I overall like the new logo better, but I like how the upper left part of the "F" was on the Old logo.
Cant really tell a difference
I used to be hard-pressed on us returning to our old logo, but the new logo looks so much f**king better on our new/retro (non-metallic gold) helmets. -It's almost as if the logo sticks out more than it previous did, since the outlining shade of gold nitched around the 'new' logo FINALLY MATCHES the helmets base-color.
New easyy
Originally posted by Niners99:
new logo easily. its just an improvement of the old one.

the old was too basic and plain. just a SF with a thick black oval around it. the newer one made it more sleek, and the touch of gold made it more "49ers".

if you look at the logo on a red backdrop, adding the gold band is a HUGE improvement.

This!
new
dont really matter to me, either way we have the best uniform in the league.
New logo
old logo
I like the old one because it was easy to draw all over my books and binders and peechee folders when I was ten.

Wish they'd gone all-out old school to the 1989-1995 logo when they did the whole 80's-inspired redesign in 2009, but it's perhaps a little too late now (unless Nike next year "corrects" it). I doubt it though, because IIRC, during the whole 2-year redesign process (2006-08), the team and Reebok did actual tests in a stadium setting to see how the current uniform and helmet combo would look as a whole both with the natural eye ( ie, to spectators) and through the camera (in a TV broadcast/TV screen).

They found that the newer logo with extra gold border and black trim/shadow on the "SF" popped out more and was more highly visible than the plainer 1989-95 oval logo. Also, the fact that keeping basically the same logo as the 1996-2008 version (just in a brighter red) would save $$$ in changing over alot of stuff @ team HQ, on merchandise, etc. etc., probably was another big factor (this is the Yorks after all).

As for the facemask, grey is a nice, neutral, "old-school" color that unassumingly blends in well with the overall uni (as well as harkens back to the 80's look). Since the team switched to a brighter scarlet red, having corresponding bright scarlet facemasks would be too garish and loud IMO. Red facemasks worked with the 1996-2008 helmets, 'cos obviously it used a darker cardinal/crimson red.

As for the person wanting a return to the 1998-2008 look (in the Gore pic), the team probably might use that as a throwback....IN LIKE FORTY YEARS! We all still have to forget/purge the dark ages of the Erickson, Nolan and Singletary eras first from our collective memories!
What they should've just done:

(combined old & new basically, "stretched black border, no gold border in red oval, black trim/shadowing on the "SF")

oh well....
All I see is a white SF with red and a black border.
Originally posted by VA49er:
All I see is a white SF with red and a black border.

Look closer....it's NOT the same as the 1989-95 logo:

^ thinner, non-stretched black border around red oval, "SF" only has thin black trim & NO shadow effect.
Old logo, but the new one's still sexy. Close enough.
Share 49ersWebzone