LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Will we be the Fox Game of the Week vs. NYG?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will we be the Fox Game of the Week vs. NYG?

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Ian Eagle...and yeah, the whole game was a Dan Fouts 3-hr homecoming BJ of epic proportions

God I miss Madden and Summerall....

Same. The only guy I like on Fox now is Dick Stockton.
it should BUT it's the al mighty detroit we're talking about.
Originally posted by Five4Five:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
are there actually any good commentators on Fox or CBS?

I like CBS coverage. Jim Nantz/Phil Simms, and Dick Enberg/Greg Gumbel/Dan Dierdorf.

Fox is just terrible.

Is it too late for this one to move to the Sunday Night slot, are they even doing that this year? I doubt it happens anyway with the currently slotted game being NYJ-NE, but it'd be nice as right now I'm sure I'll be stuck watching the Cowboys game on tv.
On the Pats/Giants game Fox just called next week's game the game of the week.

Wowzers, no thread hunting for two straight weeks. I could get used to this!
Getting the 49er games on TV in LA has made my Sunday Ticket PS3 purchase less appealing, but I'm not complaining since it's because the Niners are winning.
Watching the SD vs GB game and they just did next week's game schedule... and we had second billing to bears/lions.
Detroit at Chicago is the correct answer. That last game was pretty memorable and the Lions have stumbled a bit since then. I don't see that not being the choice.
49ers have an outside shot if the Giants knock off the Patriots otherwise its a so-so Giants team vs a boring, opposite of flashy 49ers team that does nothing but win.

not since early-mid 90's Summerall/Madden

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Ian Eagle...and yeah, the whole game was a Dan Fouts 3-hr homecoming BJ of epic proportions

God I miss Madden and Summerall....

Mainly Summerall... that guy has the best voice I have ever heard. There really aren't many top notch guys out there anymore. Especially for Fox.

Anyways, I might have said this before but early in the season I checked to see how many or if there would be any 9er games in my area. Just guessing on the NFC North and who else was playing. One game I thought I would get for sure was SF and NYG because it was the ONLY 3:15 game for Fox and Fox had a dbl header that week (according to 506 maps). Well, they decided to take the Chicago and Detroit game from noon to 3:15 so I am sure us midwesterners will be watching that crap while the rest of the country gets SF/NYG.
i hope it is so i can watch the game over here on the east coast
they said on the pats/giants game that next week the fox game of the week is the 7-1 49ers vs the giants .

I am watching the game with my buddy who is a lifelong giants fan. i can't wait
Originally posted by boast:

not since early-mid 90's Summerall/Madden

So true.

At this point, I almost wouldn't mind experimenting with a one man box, no color guy.
  • boqi
  • Veteran
Sorry, but what's the significance of "Game of the Week?" Does that mean it's nationally broadcast? I thought NFL rules were that only 1 game (usually the home team) can be shown on Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone