LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Low sack total in the 49ers Skins game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cwilson830:
If he's not in there, we don't get pressure rushing four.

yes and no. ray mac is definatly better, but RJF didn't do awful, the niners were still around beck almost every passing play
This is very simple...their RB had 14 catches.

Tough to get sacks when they check down all game.
For everyone who is saying it was because we didn't blitz much, we never blitz much, most of the sacks we have gotten all season have come from our four man rush.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
IMO we we're playing it safe and keeping our D on ice for NY next week. Most of our pressures came on 4 or fewer rushers and we knocked Beck down plenty, if Aldon had been just a little quicker on a couple plays he would've had 2 or 3 sacks today.

edit: hopefully we get Ray Mac back this week. He'll be the x factor for our pass rush next week.
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM ]
People (myself included) worry too much. Come on folks lets just enjoy it !
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
If he's not in there, we don't get pressure rushing four.

yes and no. ray mac is definatly better, but RJF didn't do awful, the niners were still around beck almost every passing play

See, I felt like we got a LOT of pressure for only rushing 4. Beck was constantly hurried and/or ended up smashed into the ground. Forced him to be the biggest captain checkdown in redskins history. I would call that good pressure.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Aren' the Niners the best 4 man rushing team in the league? Don't they generate a ton of sacks from it?

Beck got the ball out ASAP, allot of screen plays,, they couldn't run anywhere which would be considered the best sign, let Beck throw... and that's what they did.

That last TD got me mad though, I didn't want to see the Skins get one.. haha
Originally posted by Janitor:
See, I felt like we got a LOT of pressure for only rushing 4. Beck was constantly hurried and/or ended up smashed into the ground. Forced him to be the biggest captain checkdown in redskins history. I would call that good pressure.

yeah that is kind of what i was saying. on my motorcycle forum i did a much better write up, but here many of us see things the same way.

RJF is a typical 3-4 DE, where as ray mc and J smith are unique and very special.
you think shanahans main priority after last week wasn't to reduce the amount of sacks? lol
No Ray during the game and Shanahan had lots of play action to counter with pass rush and to give Beck more time and open targets.

Helu's 14 catches were a franchise record.

As others have explained, that fact testifies to the amount of checking down Beck was doing. On that note, though, our inability to contain those screen passes bothered me a bit more than the lack of sacks. Every time Helu caught the ball it seemed like he had blockers in front and rumbled for 10-15 yards.
We didn't use Aldon as much this game because we were afraid of their running game.
Aldon was dominate against the LT, but half the time we lined him up against the RT, and even a couple plays at NT (???).

We got way too cute in this game. Why can't we just line up our best four, and rush the passer? Why all the three man rushes, why did we blitz our DB's? This allowed Washington to hit a couple of long throws.

If you have the horses, race them. We can't do this crap against the Giants next week, we need Aldon and Ray Mac to be in the game in their proper positions and just let them play. Beck is SOOOO bad that we could have done anything in that game and gotten away with it, but cute stuff isn't going to work against the Giants next week.

Our PLAYERS won this game, I did NOT like the schemes at all, especially on defense.

Just line Aldon up against the LEFT TACKLE and KEEP HIM THERE. If we give up a few runs, fine. We need to get after Eli next week or we could get into trouble.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We didn't use Aldon as much this game because we were afraid of their running game.
Aldon was dominate against the LT, but half the time we lined him up against the RT, and even a couple plays at NT (???).

We got way too cute in this game. Why can't we just line ups our best four, and rush the passer? Why all the three man rushes, why did we blitz our DB's? This allowed Washington to hit a couple of long throws.

If you have the horses, race them. We can't do this crap against the Giants next week, we need Aldon and Ray Mac to be in the game in their proper positions and just let them play. Beck is SOOOO bad that we could have done anything in that game and gotten away with it, but cute stuff isn't going to work against the Giants next week.

Our PLAYERS won this game, I did NOT like the schemes at all, especially on defense.

Just line Aldon up against the LEFT TACKLE and KEEP HIM THERE. If we give up a few runs, fine. We need to get after Eli next week or we could get into trouble.

Nevermind over the RE or at RE.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:53 AM ]
IMO Originally posted by BrianGO:

We got way too cute in this game. Why can't we just line up our best four, and rush the passer? Why all the three man rushes, why did we blitz our DB's? This allowed Washington to hit a couple of long throws.

IMO you are over reacting. The skins reached the red zone 1 time the entire game and it was the last drive of the game. Obviously the scheme worked until that point of the game. And why not see what Aldon can do at different positions?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

What are you talking about? The Skins didn't have a pass over 17 yards all day.
Share 49ersWebzone