LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 211 users in the forums

49ers will surpise giants.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A team has yet to force us to play a different game than what we want to play. PHI was up by 20, but we beat them by running and passing equally. I think it says a lot about a team when that team forces opponents to play by that teams style. We have yet to change the way we play and NYG better be ready for a tough game rather than us be ready for a shootout.
We're going to surprise the Giants by beating them? Aren't we the favorites?
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Personally i want to win this game more than the Baltimore or Pittsburgh game.

I won't say that yet, but I want it more than the Lions game after seeing some of the dialogue of Giants fans already this week.

But seriously, if us beating the giants, at home, is considered a surprise...that only makes me want it that much more.
We're going to surprise those East Coast Homers by walloping their favorite team. That's where the surprise will come from. The 49ers just won't win this game. This will be a walloping, statement game.

Harbaugh is very much into "statement" games. Don't think that this isn't escaping the team's attention. All the focus so far has been on the NFC East, and perhaps deservedly so because the NFC West is just weak by comparison standards.

But the best team in the NFL resides in the NFC West at this point.
We have the number one defense and the Giants can't stop the run. Knowing that, I don't see how anyone can rationally think they they are "supposed" to win this game when we are clearly the superior team. The only thing they have going for them is an overrated QB who happens to have 'Manning' on the back of his jersey.

8-1.
[ Edited by baltien on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
We're going to surprise those East Coast Homers by walloping their favorite team. That's where the surprise will come from. The 49ers just won't win this game. This will be a walloping, statement game.

Harbaugh is very much into "statement" games. Don't think that this isn't escaping the team's attention. All the focus so far has been on the NFC East, and perhaps deservedly so because the NFC West is just weak by comparison standards.

This sounds like the game we had against them in 1990, so that means we're gonna lose to them in the NFC championship game via five Lawrence Tynes FG's
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:

This sounds like the game we had against them in 1990, so that means we're gonna lose to them in the NFC championship game via five Lawrence Tynes FG's

Have faith brother. That 1990 team was on its last legs. It was old in many areas. It had the playoff experience the current team doesn't have, but youth also means a lot in this game.

This team isn't. It is infused with youth. And they are playing outstanding football in every phase of the game.

Lowell has it right. This is a lot like the '81 season.
I am a little shocked the 49ers are favored in this game. This game and the away game against Baltimore have me worried. Of course I was also worried about the Eagles and Lions.
Share 49ersWebzone