There are 107 users in the forums

Mid-season awards

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wouldn't have bothered if the 49ers weren't mentioned. For what it's worth, it's a fun read:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-fred-jackson-darrelle-revis-midseason-awards-110811
cool read but these are the ones i disagree with
3. Defensive Player of the Year – Darrelle Revis

Two years ago, I voted for Charles Woodson over Revis. One of the main reasons was Woodson's incredible ability to make plays. In 2011, Revis, the best cover corner in the NFL, is making plays. He saved the Jets season with a 100 yard pick-six against the Dolphins, swinging the momentum from Miami to New York as the Dolphins were looking to pad a stunning lead.
Really your basing this off a pick 6 against the dolphins, Really???

8. Executive of the Year – Rick Smith
Ok pick but houstons only looking real good cuz Manning is missing from that division. 2 people deserve this award. Trent Baalke and mike brown from cincy.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Two years ago, I voted for Charles Woodson over Revis. One of the main reasons was Woodson's incredible ability to make plays. In 2011, Revis, the best cover corner in the NFL, is making plays. He saved the Jets season with a 100 yard pick-six against the Dolphins, swinging the momentum from Miami to New York as the Dolphins were looking to pad a stunning lead.

Ok pick but houstons only looking real good cuz Manning is missing from that division. 2 people deserve this award. Trent Baalke and mike brown from cincy.

Good point, I think Trent Baalke should be the front runner. Hopefully he'll get the credit he deserves at the end of the season.
There will be enough "atta boy" awards to go around.
The main one will be the Lombardi Trophy
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

if that's what he values in a DPOY, then the award should go to Justin Smith. "The Strip" was a much more impressive play and it launched us on a major win streak, and basically changed the entire season. It could be one of the most important plays in franchise history, depending on how the season unfolds.
That is if we get through the next three weeks in good shape. We will find out if the niners are legit or just a C+ team who have had the schedule go their way and a few other breaks.
Share 49ersWebzone