There are 221 users in the forums

Football Gameplan's Week 10 Preview Video - 49ers vs Giants

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Damn, he's right. Eli Manning will try to exploit the secondary by throwing it around all day.

gettin nervous

Give him very little time to throw it!

Yea I get that, but how? Extra rushers? Manning brothers make a living off beating blitzes.

This is the proving game for the 49ers secondary. We need RayMac more than ever. We get way more pressure from the front 3 when he's in compared to RJF.

Ray Mac being back is going to help us a lot. If tries to spread the field horizontally by throwing into shallow routes, that's advantage: 49ers. They're not going to get much there with NaVrick Bowillis covering them.

I'm more worried about screen passes, which we had no answer for last week. If Bradshaw is in, that could really hurt us.

The thing I noticed about screens ran against the 49ers D, is that they'll get some yardage in space because the dline has been sucked towards the QB, but the 49ers defense is amazing in pursuit, and the way the take angles. The screens work to an extent but they get no points from them, so I'm not too worried.

I'm worried about the secondary. Specifically Tarell Brown, he's so small, Giants WRs are pretty big, this is mis-match right off the bat.

yeah, even when we were getting gashed by screens last week, they weren't going for huge gains. we really haven't given up many "big" plays this year. We just have to get better at snuffing them out before they have a chance to pick up the 7, 8, 10 yards that were killing us slowly last week. Hard task, but its something teams are going to be trying against us, I assume.

As for Brown, I agree. He has to have a great game. I wonder how physical we'll try to be with those receivers? It seems Brown plays best in press coverage; when he gives a cushion it always seems to result in a completion. IDK. I would love to see Cully manhandling a receiver and just disrupting their whole offense.
If Manning throws it around all day we go to the Nickel because they aren't running it on us and that brings out ALDON SMITH whose going to get his sacks. Also I say we pick off Manning at least once, maybe more.

GO 49ers!
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Damn, he's right. Eli Manning will try to exploit the secondary by throwing it around all day.

gettin nervous

Give him very little time to throw it!

Yea I get that, but how? Extra rushers? Manning brothers make a living off beating blitzes.

This is the proving game for the 49ers secondary. We need RayMac more than ever. We get way more pressure from the front 3 when he's in compared to RJF.

Ray Mac being back is going to help us a lot. If tries to spread the field horizontally by throwing into shallow routes, that's advantage: 49ers. They're not going to get much there with NaVrick Bowillis covering them.

I'm more worried about screen passes, which we had no answer for last week. If Bradshaw is in, that could really hurt us.

The thing I noticed about screens ran against the 49ers D, is that they'll get some yardage in space because the dline has been sucked towards the QB, but the 49ers defense is amazing in pursuit, and the way the take angles. The screens work to an extent but they get no points from them, so I'm not too worried.

I'm worried about the secondary. Specifically Tarell Brown, he's so small, Giants WRs are pretty big, this is mis-match right off the bat.

yeah, even when we were getting gashed by screens last week, they weren't going for huge gains. we really haven't given up many "big" plays this year. We just have to get better at snuffing them out before they have a chance to pick up the 7, 8, 10 yards that were killing us slowly last week. Hard task, but its something teams are going to be trying against us, I assume.

As for Brown, I agree. He has to have a great game. I wonder how physical we'll try to be with those receivers? It seems Brown plays best in press coverage; when he gives a cushion it always seems to result in a completion. IDK. I would love to see Cully manhandling a receiver and just disrupting their whole offense.

Idk either. I'm convinced this is going to then benchmark game to see if the 49ers defense can hang if passers like Eli (or worse, Aaron Rodgers) force to play the shootout game.

Do they play the pressure game by sending blitzes, or do they play coverage?

I can't wait
"The key for the NY Giants Defense is to stop the run." (cue video of Giants sacking Vick in the pocket)...

Good analysis though.
Idk either. I'm convinced this is going to then benchmark game to see if the 49ers defense can hang if passers like Eli (or worse, Aaron Rodgers) force to play the shootout game.

I can't wait

i can't wait either. its going to be awesome.

I'm going to assume that we're not going to blitz too much, at least at first, and try to get after Eli with our bread and butter four man rush. It'll be interesting to see if the Giants try to keep in a standard formation so Aldon is kept on the sideline. Getting us into our nickel defense is basically playing right into our hands.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for Kilgore_Trout.
"look for a big day from Alex Smith."

i can honestly say I've never heard anyone say that before.

lol, I expect a big game from Gore if his ankle is good to go.

I can't wait

I'm going to assume that we're not going to blitz too much, at least at first, and try to get after Eli with our bread and butter four man rush. It'll be interesting to see if the Giants try to keep in a standard formation so Aldon is kept on the sideline. Getting us into our nickel defense is basically playing right into our hands.

I can see that too. It's going be a real chess match, and such a big game for both teams! Btw, isn't Eli undefeated vs the Niners in his career?

I can't wait

I could see us stopping them with zone and just sending 4, with the 4th being a LB. Whatever we do we have to get pressure on Eli early, quick, and often. Like we did against the Bucs. If we can keep them off the field with long scoring drives, it should bode well for us. I can see this happening especially knowing how the Giants rank vs the run and pass.
They do need him over at the NFL Network...he's better than those other f*gs.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I like that u picked us this week. But even if u didn't, great analysis as always. It is awesome to have an independent analyst that actually watches ALL of football and can give informed opinions based off his/her own professional judgment. They need a dude like u over at NFL Network.

THIS

You mean Patro Willman?
Originally posted by zozell:

You mean Patro Willman?

might be simpler to just call him "Earthquake Jesus."
Excellent!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
They do need him over at the NFL Network...he's better than those other f*gs.

LOL NaVrick Bowillis.
Share 49ersWebzone