Good prediction, wrong year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ESPN Radio's Mike Greenberg Says 49ers Make It To Super Bowl

By
Randy Savoie
(Analyst) on September 10, 2010

1,351 reads
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext

San Francisco 49ers WR Michael Crabtree Says He's No Diva.
Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images
It has been an eventful week for the New Orleans Saints next opponent the San Francisco 49ers and they have not even played their first game yet that comes this Sunday against Seattle.
On Thursday morning, ESPN's Mike Greenberg picked the Niners to make the Super Bowl- a definite surprise.

As far as the Super Bowl prediction, Greenberg told listeners on Thursday, "The 49ers are going to win the (NFC) West. They're going to wrap it up in October. I love Mike Singletary. I loved him as a player.I think (quarterback) Alex Smith is going to be better. I think Patrick Willis is maybe the best defensive player in the National Football League. (Frank) Gore has got to stay healthy.
"They've got weapons on offense with (Vernon) Davis and Crabtree. I like San Francisco. I think this is goint to surprise a lot of people but I'm standing on this pick," said Greenberg.
Added his sidekick Mike Golic, "I don't think that's going to happen. I think (the 49ers) are going to win that division but I'm not sold on the quarterback Alex Smith just yet. If he proves me wrong, certainly they could be there (in the Super Bowl) because I do like their defense and running game and they have great weapons as well outside with Davis and Crabtree."
Davis and Crabtree? Is that a store in the mall where divas shop?
The New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers meet next Monday night on the Bay.

(me) I listen to mike and mike every morning since 2008 and when I heard this last year, I nearly jumped out my truck! However this wasn't believable last year atvthis time, in mean why would it be? But.... Was this the right prophetic prediction but the wrong year? I find this so incredibly mind boggling, but if you read it you will see that everything they predict, is happening right now!

Jan21975
OTB
Share 49ersWebzone