There are 124 users in the forums

Anyone else worried about Gore injury?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To be honest, the fact that h practiced yesterday AT ALL is a good sign.

If this was really going to be an issue, he'd have sit the session out in a walking boot.

He might be a bit gimpy on Sunday so we may see more of Hunter (and Hunter may even start like he did in Philly), but I'm pretty sure Gore will play.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Yes, denitely! If he goes down it would be a real loss.

Hunter needs more snaps and a few for Miller.

No way, do not trust that guy running the ball yet, Id rather have Dixon get carries instead of Miller

I think he can run the ball...I'm just worried about the way he HOLDS the ball. He's not a natural ball carrier yet and prone to fumbling.
I have been harping on this board that Harbaugh and company need to step up the Hunter Dixon combination to give Gore a rest. If they do not, the Hunter Dixon combo will be forced upon the team as frank runs so hard he rarely makes it through a season.

I am a proponent of starting Hunter over Gore for the Giants, IF and only IF, Gores ankle is truly affecting him.
Yes, because Dixon has very little playing time, and Hunter is not big enough to be an every down back. The New York Football Cockroaches are have a great pass rush and get pressure with four much like we do, they do how ever suck it pretty hard against the run, Gore is our only decisive down hill power runner, the kind of guy the roaches have a hard time with. The Roaches and their big nickel have speed to fill quickly against smaller backs or indecisive backs, no Gore puts a ton of pressure on our O-line to pass block on 3rd downs, not our best scenario for winning. The big nickel will help in pass coverage against out 3 TE sets, so we had better be able to run them out of it, and into a more conventional defense. If Frank is not 100% and we have to pass our way to victory, we do have a few advantages, with their smaller db's and one less LB if Alex can continue to execute the three step drop as well as he has, I look forward to seeing, our big receivers and ends running after the catch! Go Niners!
Thank god we got Kendall Hunter. I still think we should run him more often, and get him involved in the passing plays because he catches the ball well. But I think Frank will be okay.
The 49ers should have looked a for a future starting back this last draft to take the load off gore. Although I like Hunter, I don't believe he is a work horse. And Anthony Dixon hasn't really shown us anything. It's always good to have two backs to carry the load in case of injuries as such this and then this thread wouldn't have to be created.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
The 49ers should have looked a for a future starting back this last draft to take the load off gore. Although I like Hunter, I don't believe he is a work horse. And Anthony Dixon hasn't really shown us anything. It's always good to have two backs to carry the load in case of injuries as such this and then this thread wouldn't have to be created.

OK, who would you NOT have drafted in favor of getting a "workhorse" RB?
Kaepernik
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Kaepernik

I disagree, last season Westbrook/Dixon looked pretty good when Gore went down to injury. Dixon just needs more snaps, Hunter is a younger version of westbrook, use them, and the game dynamics will be positive.
Kaepernik
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Kaepernik

Sigh. I guess I'm not even going to start this one again.

Hunter is starting to dance a little when he's getting his chances out there. He needs to be ready for the Giants game. Frank may start but he might not finished the game.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Hunter is starting to dance a little when he's getting his chances out there. He needs to be ready for the Giants game. Frank may start but he might not finished the game.

Actually I think it'll be the reverse.

I think Hunter might start to keep Gore fresh for later in the game. Thats what happened in Philly.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Frank the Tank is a MAN among men and the adrenaline will take over once the game starts. I'm not sure if you ever twisted your ankle before but once that adrenaline kicks in, it's like you don't even think about the pain
Originally posted by 9erred:
I have been harping on this board that Harbaugh and company need to step up the Hunter Dixon combination to give Gore a rest. If they do not, the Hunter Dixon combo will be forced upon the team as frank runs so hard he rarely makes it through a season.

I am a proponent of starting Hunter over Gore for the Giants, IF and only IF, Gores ankle is truly affecting him.
This and I say more Hunter. We need a 60/40 mix for the rest of this season to keep Gore healthy for playoffs...
What i dont like is that Gore is as stubborn as can be when hes not healthy hell give it a go n when you see him hit the holes he doesnt have the burst when he gets does nagging ankle injury's n he just doesnt want to come out.........if he plays hurt n it shows he'll probably have a rushing average under 3 yards per carry witch will hurt the passing game n probably doom any chance 2 win the game.

If Harbaugh is trully a smart man n he see's that Gore is struggling because of injury i hope he yanks him in favor for Hunter that way we dont go through the whole game having Gore playing at like 65% n hurting our chances to win the game..........i trust a healthy Hunter over a hurt Gore any day of the week

Share 49ersWebzone