There are 153 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is what happens when he speaks:

"Ultimately, you can say everything is my call," York said. "So, if it comes down to it, if there was something I'm not comfortable with but football [side] was, I would ultimately make that decision."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/28/jed-york-will-make-final-call-on-reuben-fosters-future/

lol smh
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 28, 2018 at 3:53 PM ]
I find Jed to be a doofus sometimes, but I do think he legitimately cares about fielding a winning team. It's just been a lot of hard lessons he's had to learn since firing Harbaugh.
Don't have a problem at all with what he said...mainly because all he did was state the obvious.
I just try to ignore everything Jed says and does...it's made my life as a Niners fan more enjoyable.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
The Golden Rule. He's the owner and can do anything he wants. Fortunately it has not been to the detriment of the team lately. It seems like he has learned some good lessons.

This is a really really good post
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Don't have a problem at all with what he said...mainly because all he did was state the obvious.

kyle and lynch may feel the same way but of course can not say it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Jed has done well for us. Glad he's the owner. I'm not going to follow the masses who are just looking for a punching bag. Give credit where it's due. Jed has done well and Paarag is a legend.
Originally posted by Costanza:
I just try to ignore everything Jed says and does...it's made my life as a Niners fan more enjoyable.

That's what I'm trying

CC. Jed / Baalke. = Dream Team
I might be a little jaded but the only reason I see him calling out Foster- and potentially undermining Lynch/Shannahan- is because he listened to mara talk about his frustrations with odell. I'm pretty sure he thought it was a boss move and mimicked it without thinking.

Pissing with the big dogs etc.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Jed has done well for us. Glad he's the owner. I'm not going to follow the masses who are just looking for a punching bag. Give credit where it's due. Jed has done well and Paarag is a legend.

He's had 6 head coaches in his short time here and has multiple PR blunders. He sucks.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 28, 2018 at 5:19 PM ]

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He's had 6 head coaches in his short time here and has multiple PR blunders. He sucks.

But enough about Paarag.
I was in the anti-Jed crowd during that dark patch but he said the right thing here, IMO. Nobody is safe, no matter how talented. He needed to be real for at least a second on that.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I was in the anti-Jed crowd during that dark patch but he said the right thing here, IMO. Nobody is safe, no matter how talented. He needed to be real for at least a second on that.

The issue for me is he's admitting to making personnel decisions. That is what the gm and Hc are hired to do. Basically if shanny and lynch want to keep a player and jed does not, the player is gone. I don't really like that.
The issue for me is he's admitting to making personnel decisions. That is what the gm and Hc are hired to do. Basically if shanny and lynch want to keep a player and jed does not, the player is gone. I don't really like that.

Foster is a bit of a gray area, though. Jed could feel that after awhile, if his antics continue, that he's hurting the team's image and that he has to go. I doubt Jed is really making any decisions for football reasons ("we need to keep X guy because he's talented in X and let go of Y guy because he doesn't fit the system" etc. that's clearly Shanahan's/Lynch's job).

There could be evidence later that Jed has his fingerprints over more of the team than we know but right now I'm more inclined to believe that a guy like Foster is more the exception than the rule.

That is twice as many HC as the Steelers have had in 50 years. The FO has been like the Trump White House.
Share 49ersWebzone