There are 137 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The issue for me is he's admitting to making personnel decisions. That is what the gm and Hc are hired to do. Basically if shanny and lynch want to keep a player and jed does not, the player is gone. I don't really like that.

Foster is a bit of a gray area, though. Jed could feel that after awhile, if his antics continue, that he's hurting the team's image and that he has to go. I doubt Jed is really making any decisions for football reasons ("we need to keep X guy because he's talented in X and let go of Y guy because he doesn't fit the system" etc. that's clearly Shanahan's/Lynch's job).

There could be evidence later that Jed has his fingerprints over more of the team than we know but right now I'm more inclined to believe that a guy like Foster is more the exception than the rule.
Either way, whether it is football related or not, it should be left to the gm/hc. Got to maintain that chain of command. As an owner, if you disagree with that decision and it blows up you reflect on that when its contract negotiating time. He shouldn't interject really.

I understand where you are coming from. If jed showed good judgment and sense I'd be there with you. But i don't think he's good for the niners one bit, for this very reason. We're just stuck with em.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:39 PM ]
So long as Jed's on the same page as Lynch & Shanahan I have no problem with him coming out and reiterating Foster's on a tightwire...Coach and Lynch have already alluded to that fact, so I don't see any conflict here.
I think you guys are taking this out of context. Foster is a "one off situation" . Well of course the Coaches and GM are going to tell York to keep him!!But York is the one who signs the checks so yeah. Do i think York is telling Lynch and Co to cut so and so because they missed a tackle or dropped a ball? NO.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
That is twice as many HC as the Steelers have had in 50 years. The FO has been like the Trump White House.

The Steelers get the best front office and coaching talent and don't get in their way. The team foundation remains the same through the last 50 years, tough defense and a strong running attack. The flag football rules will take away this culture in the coming years. I remember the battles with the Oakland Raiders in the 60's and 70's, that was football. A different time, a different game.
Sorry but it is perfectly legitimate for an owner to make the final call on a player for off the field issues. He is the owner of a business. He has that right. And performance on the field doesn't trump certain acts off it so the input of the GM and coaches - whose input is limited to the football product - will not and should not override the owner's call for these other matters. It'd be like your CEO having a no sexual harassment policy but his employee - the manager - getting to disregard that policy and retain employees because they perform. Never going to happen.
I don't have a problem with him making the statement because it is how lynch and shanahan feel aswell. Also I agree with it.
Originally posted by cciowa:
putting foster on notice from the owner who signs his checks, no matter what some fans think of him. is a good idea. the longer you baby em. the longer they will be babies.calling players out whether its a coach gm or owner is fine with me. i think kyle in a nice way called joe williams out and he deserves that. why lynch babies ward and does not call him out and instead runs around for the second year in a row saying ward will be a key part of the secondary is stupid

I agree that he said the right thing but he should have said it to Foster, in house, away from the media. He's repeating a pattern.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
so foster shouldn't be excused and he's doing an awesome job staying out of the way of the law? lol

Jed could have kept his mouth shut or at least told foster to his face. Blabbing to the media/social media is part of the reason why this team was dysfunctional not too long ago. I much prefer Jed staying out of football operations and concentrate on how to make this team rich(er)
Originally posted by pdizo916:
putting foster on notice from the owner who signs his checks, no matter what some fans think of him. is a good idea. the longer you baby em. the longer they will be babies.calling players out whether its a coach gm or owner is fine with me. i think kyle in a nice way called joe williams out and he deserves that. why lynch babies ward and does not call him out and instead runs around for the second year in a row saying ward will be a key part of the secondary is stupid

I agree that he said the right thing but he should have said it to Foster, in house, away from the media. He's repeating a pattern.

so foster shouldn't be excused and he's doing an awesome job staying out of the way of the law? lol

Jed could have kept his mouth shut or at least told foster to his face. Blabbing to the media/social media is part of the reason why this team was dysfunctional not too long ago. I much prefer Jed staying out of football operations and concentrate on how to make this team rich(er)
How do you know that they didn't talk face to face?

Jed and trent met with Aldon, so i'm willing to bet they have since Foster is an employee.

You can bet that Ruben was told and told again behind closed doors. Not that I think Jed was making some kind of calculated move by saying something to the media, but I think the effect will be positive. Perhaps Foster will feel more pressure to stay in line hearing what the owner said to the press for all to hear.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
You can bet that Ruben was told and told again behind closed doors. Not that I think Jed was making some kind of calculated move by saying something to the media, but I think the effect will be positive. Perhaps Foster will feel more pressure to stay in line hearing what the owner said to the press for all to hear.

I just dont trust jed with the media. I just hope he stfu!!!

nah. foster deserves it. f**k'em.

just because you don't want to hear him, doesn't mean you have to make s**t up..what is this, middle school ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

just because you don't want to hear him, doesn't mean you have to make s**t up..what is this, middle school ?

Easy now. Now need for a comment like that.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

who the f**k is making s**t up?
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Mar 28, 2018 at 10:36 PM ]

nah. foster deserves it. f**k'em.

i guess....
Share 49ersWebzone