There are 184 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It isn't surprising that the management, including the owner, weighs in publicly when a player has been in as much serious trouble as Foster has been in, in such a short amount of time. And he probably wouldn't have if the latest hadn't been for DV, which is a hot button.

But there is nothing wrong with making it publicly known they aren't happy about it. People will complain if they said nothing and went about business as usual, and complain when they make it clear that it is serious.

Seems that there are those that search for reason to complain ... Any reason.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Aaah how cute, Jed and shermy are BFFs now

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/now-same-team-sherman-york-unblock-each-other-twitter
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah good for jed he needs to put dumbasses like foster on notice.

i wonder if people will get all bent out of shape he went above god lynchs head and called out foster and not p***y foot around this thing

He should stfu. Period.

there was nothing Jed said that was wrong. period. that's a fact. deal with it.

He shouldn't be commenting on potential roster moves, that isn't his job. That should be left up to the football guys like the GM.

Queue video of Eddie D grabbing the mic "he's gone!"

Couldn't appreciate it back then......the bluntness of Eddie D is hilarious looking back.
Some of you guys get so triggered when an owner talks about owner related issues at the owners meeting. Sheesh.

(And make no mistake - the choice on how willing a team is giving players with off field issues the benefit of the doubt or whether to cut bait is absolutely an owners issue).
Originally posted by LVJay:
Aaah how cute, Jed and shermy are BFFs now

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/now-same-team-sherman-york-unblock-each-other-twitter

they had each other blocked? how awkward??
Originally posted by mojave45:
It isn't surprising that the management, including the owner, weighs in publicly when a player has been in as much serious trouble as Foster has been in, in such a short amount of time. And he probably wouldn't have if the latest hadn't been for DV, which is a hot button.

But there is nothing wrong with making it publicly known they aren't happy about it. People will complain if they said nothing and went about business as usual, and complain when they make it clear that it is serious.

Seems that there are those that search for reason to complain ... Any reason.

T
H
I
S
!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by captveg:
Some of you guys get so triggered when an owner talks about owner related issues at the owners meeting. Sheesh.

(And make no mistake - the choice on how willing a team is giving players with off field issues the benefit of the doubt or whether to cut bait is absolutely an owners issue).

They just love to s**t on Jed.

I admit there was a time where I didn't know if it was he or Baalke that was the true problem and its been validated that it indeed was Baalke and York's true issue was/is being loyal to a fault.

Having looked more into the day to day of the 49ers...York is the type of team owner any player would love to play for.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I was in the anti-Jed crowd during that dark patch but he said the right thing here, IMO. Nobody is safe, no matter how talented. He needed to be real for at least a second on that.

The issue for me is he's admitting to making personnel decisions. That is what the gm and Hc are hired to do. Basically if shanny and lynch want to keep a player and jed does not, the player is gone. I don't really like that.

You think Jed would do that without discussion with at least Lynch and Shanny? Now if they disagreed then Jed could obviously still make the call. But I would bet a large sum of money that there would be much discussion about it first, and most likely agreement from everyone. Or at least an understanding of why Jed says that this player has to go. This is a whole lot of nothing, but I can understand why people are gun shy of anything Jed.
some people can't just handle jed's honesty
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I don't have a problem with him making the statement because it is how lynch and shanahan feel aswell. Also I agree with it.

good post!! agree

Originally posted by reasonable1:

They just love to s**t on Jed.

I admit there was a time where I didn't know if it was he or Baalke that was the true problem and its been validated that it indeed was Baalke and York's true issue was/is being loyal to a fault.

Having looked more into the day to day of the 49ers...York is the type of team owner any player would love to play for.

He wasn't very loyal to Harbaugh or the fans. Baalke was his stooge and it was selfish of Jed to keep him around.
No one wanted to play for Jed's 49ers in 2016.
Kudos to Jed for bringing in Shanahan and Lynch who players want to play for.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I was in the anti-Jed crowd during that dark patch but he said the right thing here, IMO. Nobody is safe, no matter how talented. He needed to be real for at least a second on that.

The issue for me is he's admitting to making personnel decisions. That is what the gm and Hc are hired to do. Basically if shanny and lynch want to keep a player and jed does not, the player is gone. I don't really like that.

You think Jed would do that without discussion with at least Lynch and Shanny? Now if they disagreed then Jed could obviously still make the call. But I would bet a large sum of money that there would be much discussion about it first, and most likely agreement from everyone. Or at least an understanding of why Jed says that this player has to go. This is a whole lot of nothing, but I can understand why people are gun shy of anything Jed.

Agreed. When a player is a repeat offender and embarrassing the organization I believe it's the owner's right to step in and say how he feels about it. The GM and HC should not feel stepped over either. If you were Lynch or Shanahan how can you possibly be pissed about what York said? He wasn't out of line at all from any perspective.

Wonder what the honest answer that Kyle said to Jed at the interview

'I need 5 years to fix this s**t show'
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wonder what the honest answer that Kyle said to Jed at the interview

'I need 5 years to fix this s**t show'

yeah i was pretty disappointed in that report. im like, "that's it?" f**k. i need to know all of what was said lol
Share 49ersWebzone