LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 154 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He didn't get out of the way, he fought with the person who turned the team around and pushed him out the door and he created a FO that was highly dysfunctional and unstable. All of those problems fall squarely on the CEO.
On the flip side, he deserves credit for changing the culture he created by hiring Shanahan and Lynch.

According to whom? I guess this is up for debate. Honestly, I don't really believe any "leak" that came for 49er HQ when it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Baalke was not only the leaker but set people in the organization against each other. Baalke was supposed to be the mediator for everyone but obviously, that wasn't the case. But again, I'm not saying you're wrong just saying it's a particular perspective of what happened.

That makes sense. Here is my perspective:
The CEO is responsible for the leaks. The CEO created the culture of people working against each other. The CEO should be the mediator between his managers. This is inline with the concept that an owner is entitled to run his team how he or she seems fit and is entitled to say what they please about the team and players. With this should come accountability. Jed gets the blame for the huge mess this team has been and the unprecedented turnover in HCs and he gets credit for Shanalynch.

I would definitely say Jed's arrow is pointing up along with the rest of the team.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He didn't get out of the way, he fought with the person who turned the team around and pushed him out the door and he created a FO that was highly dysfunctional and unstable. All of those problems fall squarely on the CEO.
On the flip side, he deserves credit for changing the culture he created by hiring Shanahan and Lynch.

According to whom? I guess this is up for debate. Honestly, I don't really believe any "leak" that came for 49er HQ when it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Baalke was not only the leaker but set people in the organization against each other. Baalke was supposed to be the mediator for everyone but obviously, that wasn't the case. But again, I'm not saying you're wrong just saying it's a particular perspective of what happened.
Yeah, people are just set on what they want to imagine.. but in reality it was all Baalke

Baalke had no control over Jed, Jed had complete control over Baalke and his actions as GM.
Originally posted by OneMoreRing:
Whether Jed has the "right" to comment on Foster is immaterial to me. When I read his comments on Foster I got a sinking "oh no" feeling in my gut.

Jed, until the team wins at least one playoff game, you need to simply STFU. I am not even close to being over your stupidity around Harbaugh / Ballke / Tomsula / Kelly, and I don't care what you have to say. You are a little rich kid who got an NFL team handed to him. Know your limitations. Write the checks, shut your mouth, and if your team really starts winning consistently, you will have earned the right to put your toe back in the water.

Don't know if I agree here. Not trying to rehash stuff but the reason all that happened was because he gave the keys to the car to Baalke and got out of the way. Stupid for trusting Baalke? Maybe, but it's hard to not have any credibility in "GM of the Year." Of course we know that's all BS because of personnel choices Baalke made and power plays and control that went down. My thing is that you credit where credit is due and give criticism where its due also. Granted we haven't won a playoff game yet, but anyone who thinks the arrow being up has nothing to do with Jed is fooling themselves. Never forget; we were reportedly seriously talking to Josh McDaniels. Yeah if we had been part of that debacle, this board would literally be on fire.

I hope the arrow is pointing up! - but Jed has already shown me by firing Harbs, hiring Tomsula, then saying "he was accountable" then keeping Baalke and hiding under a table for a year, that he is at BEST a 2nd tier owner.

Do NOT want his ego within throwing distance of the personnel department. Do not care what he thinks about Rueben Foster. Let Lynch set the tone and be the spokesman.

Again, until they actually win at least one playoff game, I don't even want to hear his freakin name.

That makes sense. Here is my perspective:
The CEO is responsible for the leaks. The CEO created the culture of people working against each other. The CEO should be the mediator between his managers. This is inline with the concept that an owner is entitled to run his team how he or she seems fit and is entitled to say what they please about the team and players. With this should come accountability. Jed gets the blame for the huge mess this team has been and the unprecedented turnover in HCs and he gets credit for Shanalynch.

I would definitely say Jed's arrow is pointing up along with the rest of the team.

By definition, one can't manage at this level and both be "out of the way." Ultimately you are responsible for your hires.

I am not the one claiming he ever "got out of the way".
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wonder what the honest answer that Kyle said to Jed at the interview

'I need 5 years to fix this s**t show'

yeah i was pretty disappointed in that report. im like, "that's it?" f**k. i need to know all of what was said lol

Shanny is alien... what he meant by "5 years" (old school 49ers way)... we will be getting 2 more SB trophies in that spans (at the very least) #NuffSaid
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Aaah how cute, Jed and shermy are BFFs now

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/now-same-team-sherman-york-unblock-each-other-twitter

they had each other blocked? how awkward??

LOL Ikr What owner blocks a player... I guess Jed was a little more than just annoyed (as a lot of us fans were) with sherm's antics.
I hope the arrow is pointing up! - but Jed has already shown me by firing Harbs, hiring Tomsula, then saying "he was accountable" then keeping Baalke and hiding under a table for a year, that he is at BEST a 2nd tier owner.

Do NOT want his ego within throwing distance of the personnel department. Do not care what he thinks about Rueben Foster. Let Lynch set the tone and be the spokesman.

Again, until they actually win at least one playoff game, I don't even want to hear his freakin name.

Um, he and his family are the owners. Maybe you should bear that in mind.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yeah, people are just set on what they want to imagine.. but in reality it was all Baalke

Baalke had no control over Jed, Jed had complete control over Baalke and his actions as GM.

I hope Baalke is the last time Jed tries the experiment of having a scout basically run a football enterprise.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Solid comment by Jed. Nothing wrong with it:

"We'd love Reuben to be on this team," York told Lombardi. "We'd love him to participate for us. But if he's not doing things off the field that allow us to be able to rely on him ... then you're just going to have to move on. I know Reuben is very cognizant of where his position is right now. His time with the 49ers can potentially be over if he continues to do things outside the team that aren't what we want him to be a part of.

"Reuben is making those steps to understand what it means to be a pro football player and part of the 49ers, but he's also cognizant that responsibility is on him and we're here to help in any way, shape, or form so he can be the right type of person for our team."

+1. Nothing wrong with Jed's comment here at all. Glad he said it.

Yep. And he's basically giving air cover to John Lynch. If we do cut Foster, it'll be done by York and not Lynch.

Although smart fans will realize it was a Lynch pick and risk, Jed at least takes a few blows from most fans to keep Lynch protected in a way.
Originally posted by English:

Just because Jed was born into the York family and was given an NFL Team does not give him instant credibility in my mind. I guess you think it does?

It wasn't long ago that Jed was fast becoming among the worst owners in sports (he wasn't quite Jimmy Haslam or Jim Irsay but he was on his way), due entirely to his own terrible decisions. He hires Lynch and Shanahan, gets some media and fan cred, and then starts to comment on player behavior and flex his muscles. It's making me nervous. I don't think the team can be improved in any way by his media comments. I don't think Jeds ego can help the niners win more games, quite the opposite. STFU Jed, you are not Eddie, and until you actually install a winning regime keep your head down.

Just because Jed was born into the York family and was given an NFL Team does not give him instant credibility in my mind. I guess you think it does?

It wasn't long ago that Jed was fast becoming among the worst owners in sports (he wasn't quite Jimmy Haslam or Jim Irsay but he was on his way), due entirely to his own terrible decisions. He hires Lynch and Shanahan, gets some media and fan cred, and then starts to comment on player behavior and flex his muscles. It's making me nervous. I don't think the team can be improved in any way by his media comments. I don't think Jeds ego can help the niners win more games, quite the opposite. STFU Jed, you are not Eddie, and until you actually install a winning regime keep your head down.
You must hate Eddie D too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

he had an absolute right to call out foster.. and in my opinion he is probably saying what lynch and kyle think. but for many reasons. they probably can not say it like this. i admit i am no jed fan and yes. i had meltdowns thinking if there is any way we could screw up keeping jimmy it would us or jed... however.. in this case. jed is 100 per cent appropriate in my opinion

Because he hired Monte Clark before Bill Walsh? And then learned from his mistakes and took a swing on one of the greatest coaches in NFL History? Eddie D was a freakin madman love him. You are drawing parallels between Eddie D and Jed York Good luck with that one.

Because he hired Monte Clark before Bill Walsh? And then learned from his mistakes and took a swing on one of the greatest coaches in NFL History? Eddie D was a freakin madman love him. You are drawing parallels between Eddie D and Jed York Good luck with that one.
How can you give credit to one and not the other. both inherited teams.

The only thing that separates Eddie and Jed is a Salary Cap

How can you give credit to one and not the other. both inherited teams.

The only thing that separates Eddie and Jed is a Salary Cap

And Balls
Share 49ersWebzone