LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 185 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No he doesn't. Harbaugh does. And Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way around. He had options. His wife was having a baby and they didn't want to leave the Bay Area.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No he doesn't. Harbaugh does. And Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way around. He had options. His wife was having a baby and they didn't want to leave the Bay Area.

This.
Looks like Jed is doing just fine. I just hope he keeps his family out of it.

Dont matter if he chose us, Jed landing the coach and you gotta respect that.
dont talk for myself. I had always support jed!!!

there where a bunch of haters on this board always talking trash about the organization, jed and balkee!!

your cynicism was always intended to bring down jed and all he was trying to build! its about time some of you start comming clean and be humble enogh to relize you where wrong and start drinking the kool aid!!!

go niners
Don Corleone says listen to your uncle...

Jed does deserve credit for sure. Let's hope it continues also
Originally posted by area49:

This.

I Totally Agree With This ^^^^
Jed has basically just hired a good football guy and stayed out of his way like all owners should do. If Jim Harbaugh picked the Miami job, wed have hired some crap Coor. or college coach and be back in the dumpster this season.

Jed doesnt deserve any more credit that that. in my mind Jim Harbaugh is the mastermind behind the vast majority of this success. obviously the players have been great, but a very similar 49er team to this was 6-10 last year with low coaching IQ's running the show. the SAME team, with an entirely new system, new staff, and little to no time to prepare over the offseason, is 7-1.

Jim Harbaugh is turning out to be a gem of a coaching find, and im starting to get the feeling that this is the start of another great era of 49ers football. I can see another ring or more under Harbaugh. The fact that hes turned this team around this quickly with so little time is amazing. not to get ahead of ourselves, but if this is what he can do with almost an entire roster he didnt pick, and a locked out, shortened offseason, i cant wait to see what he does with a couple years of molding.

Okay? Most coaches have options. Most have multiple places they can go to.

Jed decided to go with Baalke, Baalke landed Harbaugh and they both put together a great team. You're going to tell me that Jed deserves no credit for any of that? He could have decided to listen to the morons here and not hire Baalke, and the guy he hired might not have clicked as well with Harbaugh. He could have stayed at Stanford or took the big money at Miami.

What it comes down to is this: Jed hired Baalke, Baalke got Harbaugh. Harbaugh came here because he clicked so well with Baalke and liked the players we had. I'm sure there was the baby coming thing, but you can't automatically factor out everything else.

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 11, 2011 at 7:14 AM ]
Jed does deserve some credit for landing Harbaugh. Now his job is to provide cover for the team to protect them from his parents. Oh and where is our new stadium Jed? I love the history at the stick but its not a good stadium. Come on, man.
i'll go with WINiners opening remarks. True has family had made hash of a storied team. True they continued their fecklessness in noln and much worse in BM
(that MISTAKE is entirely on Jed) . That said the kid did learn from his mistakes, and my hat was off to him when after failing to fire BM at midseason, he DID fire him just before the end of season, acknowledging that BM (bigmike or bowel movement, whichever you wish) was a horrid mistake. That was the first time i wondered if the kid just might have it in him.

The hiring of Harbaugh, however , is another matter. I still don't know if Jed found him in his backyard or vice versa. If JH had been coaching Dartmouth, would Jed have hired him? Yeah, probably not. So pregnant wife or not, Harbaugh was exactly in Jed's backyard. Two things: Give Jed credit for recognizing greatness, and second, Jed was REALLY lucky JH was next door. In the final analysis, it doesn't matter which was which. What matters is Coach Harbaugh is here, and instead of pulling down his pants and mooning his team(talk about witless), JH has brot the same imagination he showed at Stanford with him to the pros. That he chose us is just our great luck. In the end, Jed got what he needed in Baalke and Coach H. The hows and whys really don't matter any more. Jed can continue to help us most by staying out of the way, and letting the football guys do their thing. That for an owner at such a young age is a rarity. Just imagine if he were Jerry Jones.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
He's trying, I'll give him that.

Yeah, but he wouldn't have chosen us if he thought it was going to be a bad situation, because it would've led to early dismissal which leads to even more chaos. Do you really think Harbaugh would've chosen a team that had bad people around him in scouting and management, simply because his wife was having a baby?? Obviously being in SF gave us front runner status, but Harbaugh is smart enough to know that working well with the organization you join is even more important.

I would make a decision in the same way, as the rest of us should.
Share 49ersWebzone