LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 183 users in the forums

All time Niner team of the past 20 years

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We've done this a bunch of times. But here it is...

QB: Cody Pickett
RB: Jamaal Robertson
FB: Terry Jackson
WR: Rashaun Woods
WR: Derrick Hamilton
TE: Trent Smith
LT: Kwame Harris
LG: Kwame Harris
C: Cody Wallace
RG: Kwame Harris
RT: Anthony Clement

DE: Andrew Williams
DT: Reggie McGrew
DT: Ronald Fields
DE: Israel Ifeanyi
OLB: Brandon Moore
MLB: Richard Siegler
OLB: Saleem Rasheed
CB: Willie Middlebrooks
FS: Ben Emmanuel
SS: Dwaine Carpenter
CB: Sammy Davis

K: Owen Pochman
P: Bill LeFleur

You'll notice Kwame Harris is the LT, LG, and RG. Yes, he's THAT good! He'd also be my main KR and PR.

Super Bowl...

Dynasty my friend, dynasty.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Julian Peterson (who was mostly a pass coverage player)

JP was a linebacker with rare coverage skills...most of the time he played linebacker, rushed the passer, but when called upon he could also shut down Tony Gonzalez.

I would put Tony Parrish at free safety. He was amazing for us, nobody remembers him because he played on such a bad team.

Parrish was on both the 2001-2002 (12-4) and 2002-2003 (10-6) teams that made the playoffs. I certainly haven't forgotten him.

In the last 20 years...we've have some pretty great players on this team. I don't think anyone on the current squad makes the All-Time Niner team over the last 20. Maybe Gore. Maybe. We'd be fine with Hearst, Craig or Watters...all of whom were better receiving backs than Gore.
[ Edited by kray28 on Nov 13, 2011 at 12:04 AM ]
Originally posted by andes14:
Iupati could be on there. Bowman people are getting carried away with. He's played pretty well for 1/2 season with a lot of attention and blocking schemes focused on Willis. Also Willis is being asked to do more in this defense. Like cover people and he's done great at that just like everything else he does.

Iupati over '06 Allen? Who would you put over Bowman?

Yes over Allen. Allen was old and way at the end of his career. Iupati is young and as good as any G in the game right now. It's just a matter of time until he gets national recognition. Madden called him the best Guard in the league. A young, powerful, quick Iupati who is ascending is > a declining, aging Allen IMO.

Not sure about Bowman. Hard to believe we haven't had somebody as good in 20 years. He has 1/2 season of good work. I need to see it some more before I could say that. Maybe so but it just seems too early.

You fail to realize you're taking the player the way they performed in a single season. Larry Allen's 2006 season was better than either of Iupati's.
QB Young
HB Hearst, Gore
FB Beasley
WR Rice, Owens, Stokes
TE Jones, Davis (if we go 3-te..I gotta add Eric Johnson! Really liked the kid)
OLINE in no particular order:
Barton/Brown
Allen/Gogan
Newberry/Oates
McIntyre/Sapolu
Wallace

DLine:
J. Smith/Andre Carter
B.Y.
Stubby
DE/LB Haley/Pierce Holt
LB:
Peterson/Plummer
Willis
Norton/Woodall
DB:
Deion/Davis/Pope
Schulters/Hanks
Parrish/McDonald

K Nedney
P Lee

HC: Seifert. Loved Mooch, just a bit conservative
OC: Holmgren...possibly Shanahan ('94)
DC: Rhodes
ST: Seely
I think Harris Barton and Steve Wallace should be the tackles.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by andes14:
Iupati could be on there. Bowman people are getting carried away with. He's played pretty well for 1/2 season with a lot of attention and blocking schemes focused on Willis. Also Willis is being asked to do more in this defense. Like cover people and he's done great at that just like everything else he does.

Iupati over '06 Allen? Who would you put over Bowman?

Yes over Allen. Allen was old and way at the end of his career. Iupati is young and as good as any G in the game right now. It's just a matter of time until he gets national recognition. Madden called him the best Guard in the league. A young, powerful, quick Iupati who is ascending is > a declining, aging Allen IMO.

Not sure about Bowman. Hard to believe we haven't had somebody as good in 20 years. He has 1/2 season of good work. I need to see it some more before I could say that. Maybe so but it just seems too early.

You fail to realize you're taking the player the way they performed in a single season. Larry Allen's 2006 season was better than either of Iupati's.

I'll take Iupati THIS YEAR.
Oh, no way Newberry is the best center. That goes to Guy McIntyre of any of the early 1990s teams.
Originally posted by taney71:
Oh, no way Newberry is the best center. That goes to Guy McIntyre of any of the early 1990s teams.

Mcintyre was a guard. Sapolu took over center duties after Cross. Then back to guard for Sapolu when Oates came on board. Havent seen any love for Chris Dalman. Before his neck injury I thought he was gonna be a great center. He moved from guard to center and was a part of one of my favorite oline's with Deese, Brown, Dalman, Gogan and Scrafford. The 3 in the middle of that line were road graders.
[ Edited by facestabber on Nov 13, 2011 at 8:15 AM ]
Originally posted by facestabber:

Mcintyre was a guard. Sapolu took over center duties after Cross. Then back to guard for Sapolu when Oates came on board. Havent seen any love for Chris Dalman. Before his neck injury I thought he was gonna be a great center. He moved from guard to center and was a part of one of my favorite oline's with Deese, Brown, Dalman, Gogan and Scrafford. The 3 in the middle of that line were road graders.
Yeah, my bad. I was thinking Jesse Sapolu.
Slim pick'n since we were bad for half of the last 20 years

Originally posted by kray28:

JP was a linebacker with rare coverage skills...most of the time he played linebacker, rushed the passer, but when called upon he could also shut down Tony Gonzalez.

I would put Tony Parrish at free safety. He was amazing for us, nobody remembers him because he played on such a bad team.

Parrish was on both the 2001-2002 (12-4) and 2002-2003 (10-6) teams that made the playoffs. I certainly haven't forgotten him.

In the last 20 years...we've have some pretty great players on this team. I don't think anyone on the current squad makes the All-Time Niner team over the last 20. Maybe Gore. Maybe. We'd be fine with Hearst, Craig or Watters...all of whom were better receiving backs than Gore.
" I don't think anyone on the current squad makes the All-Time Niner team over the last 20. Maybe Gore. Maybe.: --- Patrick Willis, Andy Lee
Originally posted by RekeHavoc:
Originally posted by kray28:

" I don't think anyone on the current squad makes the All-Time Niner team over the last 20. Maybe Gore. Maybe.: --- Patrick Willis, Andy Lee

Maybe Gore, Willis, and Lee? I think all three definitely would make it.
Maybe Gore, Willis, and Lee? I think all three definitely would make it.

Same with Justin Smith and VD...and probably Bowman. Also, people forget just how promising Staley looked in '08. And yes, Jonas Jennings was oft-injured, but he was a real good player when healthy and he was healthy in '06.
[ Edited by andes14 on Nov 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We've done this a bunch of times. But here it is...

QB: Cody Pickett
RB: Jamaal Robertson
FB: Terry Jackson
WR: Rashaun Woods
WR: Derrick Hamilton
TE: Trent Smith
LT: Kwame Harris
LG: Kwame Harris
C: Cody Wallace
RG: Kwame Harris
RT: Anthony Clement

DE: Andrew Williams
DT: Reggie McGrew
DT: Ronald Fields
DE: Israel Ifeanyi
OLB: Brandon Moore
MLB: Richard Siegler
OLB: Saleem Rasheed
CB: Willie Middlebrooks
FS: Ben Emmanuel
SS: Dwaine Carpenter
CB: Sammy Davis

K: Owen Pochman
P: Bill LeFleur

You'll notice Kwame Harris is the LT, LG, and RG. Yes, he's THAT good! He'd also be my main KR and PR.

Ben Emmanuel- HAHAH...epically random. Some other funny randos of the past 10 years: Chris Weinke, Drew Olson, Jamie Martin, Jasen Isom, Steve Bush, Chris Hetherington, Sean Ryan, Terry Jones, Aaron Walker, Rob Murphy, Dwayne Ledford, Scott Rehberg, Otis Leverette, Jim Flanigan, Chidi Ahanotu, Christian Ferrara, John Milem, Frank Strong, Cornelius Anthony, Renauld Williams, Rayshun Reed, Bruce Thornton, Duane Hawthorne, Tim Hauck, John Keith, Kevin Curtis (the safety), Kevin Ware, Matt Stanley, Terry Killens, Jonas Lewis, George McCullough, Anthony Parker, Rashad Holman, John Schlecht, Bobby Setzer, Paul Smith, Quincy Stewart, Vinny Sutherland, Mark Anelli, Sean Moran, Jerome Davis, Craig Osika, Josh Shaw, Justin Swift, DeVone Claybrooks, Tony Brown, James Jordan, Travis Kirschke, Jed Weaver, Dwaine Carpenter, Chris Cooper, Gabe Crecion, PJ Fleck, Brock Gutierrez, Daleroy Stewart, Brandon Whiting, Marques Anderson, Patrick Estes, Travis Hall, Derrick Johnson, Rasheed Marshall, Jim Maxwell, Marcus Maxwell, Jason McAddley, Kris Richard, Trent Smith, BJ Tucker, Deke Cooper, Jay Foreman, Hannibal Navies, Melvin Oliver, TJ Slaughter, Chad Williams, Zak Keasey, Ashley Lelie

If you remember all those guys, congratulations, you are a TRUE Niner fan.
Cant go with any team that has T.O. on it.
Share 49ersWebzone