LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 187 users in the forums

who played better-Giants or 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Better D was us. Remember gore got hurt in 1st quarter and when we did run with hunter late he got big gains. Smith played almost flawless that pick wasnt his fault Ginn was Wide open needs to make that play. Glad we used VD and more of a pass heavy attack. West Coast is back boys. Feels so good
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Who won the game?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
How about taking our best pass rushing 4 OFF the field multiple times on CRITICAL 3rd and longs? THEN blitzing a safety for NO REASON?

Our cute defense killed us SO many times today. We would have won by 3 scores if not for that.

What are you talking about? When? We did what? I totally missed that. Can you elaborate?
Overall, both teams played well, we just came out on top in the end.
I think our coaching is the difference in this game. They have got the talent playing like they should have been playing the last few years. We wouldn't have had a chance at winning a game like this with the coaches of the past. The 9ers played better.
8-1
49ers played better overall. BUT, I am a bit concerned with our pass defense. I have not been critical of Tarrell Brown in the past, but he seemed to get exposed today. Carlos Rogers is playing great. Where was our pass rush? That is 2 weeks in a row without Aldon getting a sack.

We owe Justin Smith for two wins -- he is just amazingly relentless with his effort! Love that guy. Willis may be the fastest man in the NFL when having to cover 10-15 yards. His ability to read, react, and close to make the tackle is unreal.

NOT MAKING EXCUSES -- Smith played super solid. His 3 throws in a row were all catchable -- Crabs, Braylon slant, and Braylon back shoulder. His receivers have to make one of those catches.
I really liked the way Harbaugh put the game on Alex Smith's shoulders. It was apparent that the Giants really focused on Frank Gore and the running game. I feel the receivers let Alex down today with some drops, not looking for the ball, and Ginn's tip for an interception. The offensive line did a decent job of protecting Smith throughout the game, even though there were a few mistakes. Kendall Hunter really impressed me with his running, and even his blocking on passing downs. I think Harbaugh needs to rotate Hunter and Gore more often, especially since Gore's starting to develop those nagging injuries that are keeping him on the sidelines like they did today.

Even though our defense didn't play the "perfect" game today, they stood their ground against one of the better teams in the NFL. Eli Manning is no slouch of a quarterback, and he's shown during the past several weeks that he can lead his team to a win in the 4th quarter. The Giants offensive line did a good job of keeping our pass rush in check, which was rather frustrating during the game. I watched Eli Manning get the ball off time and time again just as one of our pass rushers got to him. Overall, I think our defensive backs did a decent (not fantastic) job on the Giants' receivers. Carlos Rogers is in the lead for 49ers DPOY, and the Baalke needs to sign him to an extension. It doesn't matter that he's 30 years old because he seems to have found new life with the 49ers.

I'm proud of this team and the win today. Just like Braylon Edwards said the other week, once the offense really gets going, this team is going to be scary good. Way to go 49ers!!

Dan
49ers Fan in NC
Originally posted by dankmeistr:
I really liked the way Harbaugh put the game on Alex Smith's shoulders. It was apparent that the Giants really focused on Frank Gore and the running game. I feel the receivers let Alex down today with some drops, not looking for the ball, and Ginn's tip for an interception. The offensive line did a decent job of protecting Smith throughout the game, even though there were a few mistakes. Kendall Hunter really impressed me with his running, and even his blocking on passing downs. I think Harbaugh needs to rotate Hunter and Gore more often, especially since Gore's starting to develop those nagging injuries that are keeping him on the sidelines like they did today.

Even though our defense didn't play the "perfect" game today, they stood their ground against one of the better teams in the NFL. Eli Manning is no slouch of a quarterback, and he's shown during the past several weeks that he can lead his team to a win in the 4th quarter. The Giants offensive line did a good job of keeping our pass rush in check, which was rather frustrating during the game. I watched Eli Manning get the ball off time and time again just as one of our pass rushers got to him. Overall, I think our defensive backs did a decent (not fantastic) job on the Giants' receivers. Carlos Rogers is in the lead for 49ers DPOY, and the Baalke needs to sign him to an extension. It doesn't matter that he's 30 years old because he seems to have found new life with the 49ers.

I'm proud of this team and the win today. Just like Braylon Edwards said the other week, once the offense really gets going, this team is going to be scary good. Way to go 49ers!!

Dan
49ers Fan in NC

Great post! This team will really be scary to play once the offense can begin clicking on the passing game

• Lifer
  • Veteran
It was a slugfest. Both teams played well. Home field advantage plus turnovers tipped the balance.

It's been over ten years since I've been able to watch my team go toe to toe in a quality match-up like this. They're playing at a high level now; playoff caliber... championship caliber. At this level, nothing's easy.
They had more yardage, more plays and had the ball for about 35 vs 25 mins. Their receivers dropped a few big passes. Basically we won because of turnovers and fewer mistakes, and perhaps a bit of luck. That's the non-homer version.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
How about taking our best pass rushing 4 OFF the field multiple times on CRITICAL 3rd and longs? THEN blitzing a safety for NO REASON?

Our cute defense killed us SO many times today. We would have won by 3 scores if not for that.

What are you talking about? When? We did what? I totally missed that. Can you elaborate?

NY's 1st TD. You could see on the replay that Eli read that we blitzed Goldson. But there is always a reason why coach does things. Some people dont understand that you cant continue to do the same thing every game and expect to win.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I was really impressed with some of Eli Manning's throws. 20+ yards down field with pin point accuracy. Despite facing a hyper accurate QB we still managed to win the game, and as a defense keep them to 20. It makes me think that we could face a team like Green Bay and win.

As for who can grow more, I think the 49ers passing offense can continue to improve, and of course the rushing attack had an off day.
W
Share 49ersWebzone